New Floof mom here

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mehidk

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm a total newb here, in the forum and being a new rabbit parent.

Growing up, I never had the opportunity to have a furry companion due to the rules of my mom not allowing any pets whatsoever. Fast forward to November 29, 2019, my other half surprised me by taking us to HRS and he said "we're here to potentially adopt a rabbit". I was SO excited! Never thought I would own one but my boyfriend had secretly been ordering everything necessary should I decide to adopt that day. His reason for the surprise? "Because you won't stop showing me rabbit videos and photos and I knew that was your way of telling me you wanted one" (LOL).

We went inside and I felt like a child in a candy store. While most rabbits were laid back and relaxed, there was one girl who apparently had her eyes on us. As we walked through the room, she out of all the rabbits stood up and poked her nose through the pen to say hello to us. After a few walks around, I decided that I wanted to meet her so we got to socialize for an hour. She was the sweetest thing, and when she licked my hand, the associate at HRS said "She's never done that to me". That was it, I felt I had a connection with her already and I believe this rabbit had chosen me. I've officially named her Trixie. When we received her paperwork, her breed said "unknown" so I'm still trying to figure out what she is. The vet was unable to give me a better age range as well besides "1-6 years" so it's still all a mystery!

Trixie is a complete cuddle bug. Every time I walk by, she'll stand right at the edge of her pen and poke her nose through to get my attention. She loves the cheek rubs, and enjoys a good ear massage or two. She likes to flop right behind me when I'm in her pen and has even learned to "spin". While I'm a first-timer, I'm learning so much through various articles, HRS and these forums. I'm looking forward to growing my knowledge of rabbit care to ensure that my floof baby is at her happiest. Can't wait to mingle with all the rabbit parents on here!

Attachments

• IMG-1328.JPG
    IMG-1328.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Trixie 1.jpg
    Trixie 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Trixie 4.jpg
    Trixie 4.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 17
Congratulations she is beautiful I love her colors it kinda reminds me of my 3 week old bunny I don’t have a clue if male or femaleView attachment 44626
It might be awkward, but you should ask if it's a male or female. If you have a picture of its parts people will be able to tell you what gender it is.

It might be awkward, but you should ask if it's a male or female. If you have a picture of its parts people will be able to tell you what gender it is.
It doesn’t really matter to me I can’t think of a name that suiting

I was told on here that he is likely a rex or mini-rex mix. He does not have the soft rex fur (hence the 'mix'). The coloring is supposedly chestnut agouti (known as castor in rexes).
That's fascinating! In another thread, I was told Trixie looks more like a silver-tipped black steel, which I've never heard of before. Looks like I'm narrowing her down to a mix of possible silver-tipped black steel and Chinchilla. I know I'll never get a definitive answer though lol she'll just continue being a mystery.

Your baby is adorable! I'm sure people in the forum will be able to help you out with the bun's gender if you're able to provide pictures. :)
Thank you I try to get some pictures up when he/ she decides to stay still for 20 seconds lol

Back