New Bunny Not Eating... HELP!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseTheLionhead

Reaction score
Hi I need some help here! I Just got a new Lion-head bunny today that is only 3 months old. This is my first time ever getting a rabbit. We just got home with her after about an hour or so drive and she isn't eating anything. I placed her in the cage and she just went to the straight litter box and just sitting there in the corner, not moving. I tried to feed her a strawberry piece but she didn't take that. I also gave her kale and the pellets that the owner gave me with some water but she isn't touching it. Is she okay? Is she not eating because shes nervous and scared about the new area? I'm not sure what to do and its making me nervous that's shes sick. HELP!

Leave her alone. Moving is incredibly stressful for a rabbit and the best thing you can do for her is leave her alone and let her get adjusted to the new environment. Be sure she has hay, water and pellets in her area and leave her be.

Here is further info on what to do the first 48 hours with a new rabbit:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bringing-your-rabbit-home.html

Back