Neutering and litterl box training! Help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkisnyder24

Reaction score
Oliver is still leaving droppings outside of his cage. He has a limited space to roam during the day and I have taken all the steps in order to litter train him correctly but he is still not cooperating! I would like to know if neutering would stop this behavior. He never urinates outside of the cage but he does urinate in different spots in his cage. Oliver is such an amazing bunny except we can't get the litter box training down. Any suggestions if neutering would help with litter training?

My rabbit is not neutered and for awhile was litter box trained when it came to urinating. He's always pooped outside of it but also inside. He recently started to urinate outside of his box but mainly when it's full. So I think he just has a different attitude towards peeing in the box when it's full.

I hope neutering improves the litter box usage. Both of my bunnies are fantastic for using their litter boxes, using it alone to urinate in. But they both still leave odd pellets around their hutches. My boy bunny, Banzaii, poos around the living room so I'm hoping that will diminish with some training now that he's neutered. My girl bunny, Biggi, is an angel who rarely poops outside the litter box. Although last week, she peed on my boyfriend because we forgot to leave her litter box out and she didn't want to go on the couch! She's so considerate :p

Latest posts

Back