need to share what Ive learned...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyinexcess

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to tell everyone, how important it is to keep an eye on the color of your rabbits urine, from time to time. One of my rabbits, " Midnight " started having what appeared to be blood in her pee, we got her to the vet, after an xray, discovered a bladder stone, the size of a walnut, that was so large it was starting to slice into her bladder. A week later, had to get her in surgery, and get it removed. Thank God! How horrible it would have been, if we hadnt noticed the blood. She would have died, and experienced a horrible painful death. 2014-01-27 14.27.00 (2016_01_31 10_03_47 UTC).jpg Midnight, sleeping peacefully on her pillow.

Can you please describe exactly how that blood in the urine looked like? Was it a uniform colour, or were there strains or blotches?

A good tip is if you put hydrogen peroxide (sounds science-y, but it's usually in first aid kits and is easy to find!) on a urine area you're suspicious of, it can help determine if there's blood. Hydrogen peroxide bubbles when in contact with blood, so it's a nice check-er.

Typically, bloody urine will come out red and dry somewhat brown. In terms of instances where there may be strains or blotches, I'm unsure -- that seems plausible though!

Latest posts

Back