Need prayers for my dog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
:pray: My dog Brandi
DSC_0821.jpg

We woke up at 5:20 this morning and she was stumbling like she was drunk. She did this a few months ago and her eyes were flicking back and forth then she was better, but today she is still stumbling :*( She has an appointment at 12:30 today.

Now for anyone who knoes this has been a real crappy year and half for me to say the least,lol, i dont know if i can keep doing this. Last year in March it started the downward spiral of animals in my house,lol, ugh. Last year in March i had to have Sooty put to sleep, then my foster piggie died, a friend died after that , and then my father in law passed in October , my Fuzzy Dog was diagnosed with kidney failure and had to be put to sleep right after Christmas, what a year that was. I was happy to bring in 2010 hoping that it would be a good one, and it started off ok then in march my cats was diagnosed with a tumor on her nerve in her back leg, my Beagle was diagnosed to be in Liver failure, he has been on medication since and is doing ok. June i had to have my cat put to sleep when she finally lost the use of her back legs, and now my other dog is possibly has something bad going on with her. Needless to say i am frazzled oh god. So i need prayers that it is nothing or something very treatable and that wont cost me a fortune

A few months ago my doggy did the same, she is 16 years old and has Cushing's Disease and Arthiritis (sp), she was stumbling around, kept walking backwards and barking. Turned out she had a stroke and it had made her blind but just for a few hours. She was fine after she got an injection of something at the vets and was left in a quiet room for the night.

Well wishes for your doggy!

Many years ago I had a dog with a similar experience. I thought it was a stroke but it was actually vestibular disease http://www.petplace.com/dogs/vestibular-disease-in-dogs/page1.aspx She was fine when we went to sleep but woke in the middle of the night puking (an awful smelly mess) her head was tilted and she was walking in circles. I was so scared for her. We took her to the emergency vet and then to see her regular doctor in the morning. I can't remember what the treatment was but she was okay. She lived for several more years with only a slight head tilt from the whole ordeal.

I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Brandi. I will be thinking about you both....:pray:

Thank you Maria i am going to look at that now, i like to go in with a lil something in mind, you know. I hope so she acts so young and doesnt look old at all. She does have a tilt in her head when she sit or stands.

omg Maria i am reading about it and it sounds sssssssssssoooo much like what is going on and it she is even in the right age range for it to happen!!!!!!

I understand wanting to go in with at least some idea of what you are dealing with and what to expect. I feel the same way.

Good luck this afternoon.

I will be watching for your update.

I'm sorry to hear about Brandi,Fran..

I was watching this vet show yesterday on tv..and this lady had brought her 15 year old dog in cause he kept stumbling and his eyes were darting around and his head was slightly tilted...the vet had called it old dogs disease...i have never heard of it before..

All the best for Brandi...she's a beautiful girl..

thank you everyone, so sorry i didnt update earlier, i have been busy all day and just got a chance to sit down at the computer,lol. Maria the vet is suspecting the Vestibular disease. Right now she is on an antibiotic, they gave me enough for 4 weeks, and she is on a steriod and previcid (well the generic for previcid) I said between me taking my meds, Brandi's meds and my other dogs meds i am going to screw something up,lol. He is very optimistic that it is Vestibular and hoping that i see a difference by the end of the weekend. So fingers crossed that it is that and it resolves itself

she is so cute, i gave her my breast feeding boppy, and she looks so comfy. It is a pillow that is shaped like a semi circle, she didnt look comfy before but now she does, is it making a difference? who knows but it seems to be so i shall let her use it.

Aww how sweet...it's good that she's resting..that is the best thing for herat the moment..

Hope she has a quick recovery..

Thank you, i hope she gets better quick too, i hate seeing her like this. She looks like a head tilt bunny, she is walking around with her head tilted.

Well I'm glad to hear that she will be okay :) I was worried because you didn't reply back yesterday afternoon....

That pillow sounds like a good idea for Brandi.

Keep us posted!

Yea, I have four dogs and they are all over nine years old now. I just lost my first cockatiel and he was only eight. It was very unexpected, he wasn't even sick to my knowledge. Woke up one morning and uncovered the bird cages as usual and he was there laying on the bottom of the cage. I was in shock, I so loved that bird....

Latest posts

Back