NEED POOP ANALYSIS!!! ASAP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabaylon

Reaction score
So I have 2 buns, a 5 month old male dwarf and a 3 month old female dwarf. My boyfriend recently pointed out some odd looking poops in the cage. I thought their odd apppearance was due to either the pellets being peed on or getting wet from water dripping from bottle. But just now I noticed a huge pile on one of their ledges, nowhere near their water bottle. These poops are clay-like in consistency, almost wet or oily and shiny looking. They are individual 'nuggets' but they are lumped together in a pile. I smashed one and took a whiff of my finger and yea it stanks like some funky alfalfa. Is this normal? I can't tell which one of the two made it.

Their diet is fairly consistent. They get fresh timothy hay and alfalfa daily, as well as pellets. They always have fresh spinach and carrots daily, and I also give them different veggies depending what's on sale that week. This week they have enjoyed kale, cucumber, orange, and watermelon.

Here is a picture to kind of give you an idea:

0426001110a.jpg

Nice pile of cecals. :) No worries. Normally you don't see them because they eat them as their expelled, but sometimes they miss some or they're just producing too many.

The watermelon or something may have triggered it.

sas :bunnydance:

PS: Can you use the photobucket resize option to make the photo a little smaller? The 'large forum' size is about as big as we can handle.

Also, love to use this photo in our Library!

:thanks:

yea sorry about the photo, i don't really know how to make this photobucket thing work yet. but yes of course you are more than welcome to use my pic, and thanks!

At 4 months, many bunnies won't eat all their cecals, especially since they're supposed to have unlimited pellets at that age. The only diet change I'd make is to cut back on sugars and make the alfalfa hay more of a treat than available at all times. Younger bunnies tolerate it better than older bunnies, but it still can be a bit rich.

Latest posts

Back