Need ideas for blocking off a recliner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elrohwen

Reaction score
We almost never sit in our recliner, so we haven't blocked it off and the bunnies can go under if they want. However, we're having people over this weekend and someone will need to sit in it. We want something easy and temporary to block off the back of it but can't think of what we can use. We have NIC grids, but I'm not seeing a good way to attach them that will still allow the chair to move.

Any ideas? If we can't think of anything else I might just get cardboard and duct tape it across the back:pbut I'd have to find cardboard first.

pillows and blankets not a good idea--since they are used to going under, they will aggressively dig and chew at blankets and pillows and make a really big mess. A better method that I have used in the past is cardboard boxes. They can be trimmed to fit and then taped together. You can also do more than one layer of cardboard to stymie even the most persistent of rabbits. I also boxed in the back of both recliners with some 3/8 board cut to fit around the back and sides when I got tired of replacing the cardboard.

That's a good idea too. I don't have any boxes at the moment, but I'm waiting for a package so hopefully I'll have some soon.

My boy is the opposite of persistant, so he won't cause any problems, but my girl might be upset. We'll try the blankets first and see what she does, then move to boxes if she won't leave it alone. She hasn't been under it in a while (long story short, we had to move it out of the bunny area for a while) so she might not remember how much she liked it under there :p

would block it off for sure JIC. I had a litter of kittens get caught my mother had to sit there for a hour with the thing half raised tell me and hubby could get all five of them out.

Those things are dangerous LOL. Needless to say not trying to scare you but you are right to block it off they can really get hurt by those springs. Or bars moving quickly.

Thanks, Kat. We don't ever sit in it, so I'm not worried about the bunnies going under it in general. They just go in, check it out, then come back out again. I only need to block it off for this weekend because we need the extra seating but I don't want to keep the bunnies locked up either.

Latest posts

Back