Need Advice! Younger rabbit humping older rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahid

Reaction score
I have posted before about the issues I faced when I got home a new bunny (male) to keep my older rabbit (male) company. My older rabbit got neutered and after a week I let both the older one and younger one stay in the same room. They started to get along really well, grooming each other, playing and sleeping next to each other. However, now since two days the younger one who is just 2 months old has started circling and humping the older one. The older one most of the times runs away but sometimes he just gives in. They are not hurting each other but I have kept them in separate rooms for now.
My question is whether I can get my younger bunny neutered or is he too young for that? Also since they are not hurting each other can I keep them in the same room? They get along well other than the humping.

The humping can easily escalate with the one being hormonal. Those hormones don't remain steady. Any time they are together there is the chance that it will escalate.

As for neutering your current bun, that is up to the vet. Some will neuter at an earlier age than other vets.

Back