Need Advice..Poop and Pee on MY bed only.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hok9

Reaction score
Our new girl is in a section of our room. There is a section now because she would get into our dresser and on our bed. The cage i put up didnt hold her for long and she did it agian. By it i mean jumps on our bed and leaves alteast one pee stain (and its alot), and what would equal a whole box of cocoa puffs.

She is still young, too young to get spayed. I put her in her cage when i see her doing this. Is there anything else i can do?

MOST of all, what does this behavior mean? She does not pee anywhere else in the room and leaves barely any poo. It just seems that our bed is her litter box or is she trying to tell us something.

She's 'claiming' you and/or being a territorial brat. Thankfully they do get over this behaviour post puberty and/or when she's spayed.

Pipp was a doll as a young baby and a little horror when she was five or six months old. She was free-run through out the whole house but insisted on peeing and pooping on my bed. (Now I know why there are so many 'free to good home' or abandoned rabbits all around that age).

I finally put a litter box on the bed, she used it there and eventually when I moved it onto the floor she continued to use it there.

A few weeks after her spay, she became almost perfect with her litter box -- except when I have other rabbits outside my room, she 'marks' the space in front of my door.

Don't be afraid to confine her to a cage or pen (or a cage with a pen around it would be perfect) until she's less hormonal. With Pipp, confining her to just my bedroom helped in general -- she had too much territory when she could run all over the house and was stressing out and exhausting herself patrolling it all the time. She's far happier just in my bedroom.

Rabbits are all individuals so they may like differing amounts of territory. My mini-rexes have always liked LOTS of space, they really hate being confined at all, but other bunnies are happy to call just a pen, a bunny condo or a room their home.

Good luck!

sas :clover:

We have put a dog gate around her area but she just jumped it. I will just have to find away to make this work as i do not believe she will bond with my fixed males right now. When i get her spayed I will try to bond them.

I do have a litter box in her cage, the same ones that the boys have and she does pee in there when she is in her cage.

You should clean the area with an enzyme cleaner. They are usually marketed for pet odor stains. They basically get rid of the enzymes in the pee that can attract the pet to pee in that spot again. I don't know if it will solve your problem (probably not 100%), but it should at least help you clean it.

I have to wash the sheets, would that do? I dont feel comfortable spraying stuff on my bed. I think I will just make a section in my boys cage and put her in there.

Latest posts

Back