naughty elmo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~elmo~

Reaction score
I was sitting on the floor earlierwith my 2 boys earlier playing a game and elmo came over and bit the youngest one only (6 months ) on the finger blood was puring out poordarling he cried and cried :(i feel so bad

Anyone have any ideas on why he might have done that i sure hope he never does it again :?

The bunny's still a baby. It's not uncommon for babies to bite. I'm currently watching a 12 week old bunny for someone and he has nipped me a few times. It's also quite possible he is entering the early stages of the teen years. Some can be quite mean even before they hit the teen years fully. It's really just something you can't avoid or predict in young rabbits and unfortunately, it normally gets worse until they hit about a year or sometimes even older.

That's why I never suggest getting anything under a year old if you have young kids because you know what you're getting when you get an adult.

THIS Elmo? This sweet, oh-so-incredibly cute Elmo??? Nah!! Not THIS Elmo!

elmo05.jpg

:nono Bad Elmo!!

He could just playing baby games like MBB said.

He's a bit young to be hormonal, but then again he's a boy, maybe he's matured faster. With Pipp, she was very feisty, mostly because of territorial issues,before being spayed at six months, and then calmed right down.

However,we still have jealousy issues -- she's my bonded mate -- if I pet a cat in front of her, she'll bite the cat. If I pet one in front ofmymini-Rex, Dill, he'llbox them like a little kangaroo. He's also very jealous. (We're having an affair). :hearts:

sas:) pipp, dill, sherry, darry and radar :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Yep, it could have been Elmo playing, or perhaps he mistakenly thought your son had food in his hands (kids have so many interesting smells on themselves, from all the things they pick up), or it could be territorial or jealousy issues.

A rabbit I had a few years ago, Rufus...he was very jealous of my son. I could pick Rufus up and hold him for as long as I wanted, in any position (even though he wasn't too keen on being held), but if my son picked him up, it would be followed within a minute or two by "Da&#!! Henipped me AGAIN!! This is why I will never have a rabbit as a pet!" (Of course Idid have to hide my urge to laugh, as those two had a constant love/hate relationship...and Rufus always came out the victor.)Rufus had run of the basement for a while, and one day when I went downstairs I'd discovered he had chewed up everything he could find of Stephen's, yet never touched anything of mine. Upstairs, Stephen's things would get chewed as well. One day I watched as the little guy hopped over to our shoes, Stephen's and mine sitting side by side...he sniffed mine, then sniffed Stephen's, turned around, backed up and peed on Stephen's pair. My things were never touched by that bunny, but Stephen was a constant target.

btw, Elmolooks likea realsweetheart! (There's no way he could've done such a thing, I'm sure...;)As Flip Wilson used to say, "Maybe the devil made him do it"...hehe)

Pipp, of all the bucks I've known, they seem to be hormonal a lot earlier than does. I don't know if that really is hormones or if all the boys I've met just like attention so much that they nip if you ignore them.

But Elmo still sounds like a typical baby boy bunny to me. It's the ones that don't bite that aren't normal!

i think elmo just wanted to see what he tasted like . . .

herman has to try to taste anything that is in reach of his mouth! (even the cat tail. . .diego wasn't to happy about that!) and herman is almost 7 months old!

katie

7 months is still young! My boys didn't hit the teen years full swing until 10 months of age but Mocha has a nasty little habit of biting from about 9 weeks. And to top it off, the teen years lasted untilMoch was 1.5-2 years old.:faint:Talk about a nightmare! Luckily neither of my boys bite anymoreand Zoey never hit the teen years other than a few nips here and there.

Thanks so much for the replys..... Elmo hasn't bitten since ,i'm not so much worried about him biting me just don't want him biting the kids ...I must say though he has made me a little nervous since

It's hard to believe a cutie like him would bite isn't it lol as soon as he is old enough we will take him to be spayed

Latest posts

Back