Natasha Rabbitova's first blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natasha is a pretty girl! I love that picture of her all loafed out flat, it reminds me of my Willow who looks just like that when she's all loafed out

The picture of her putting Butter in his place is too funny! Has Natasha had to honor of being your co pilot?

For some reason, I thought Natasha was already spayed. She'll do fine. I've been through so many spays I don't even worry anymore, but I know it's different when it's your own rabbit. Great pics as usual!

hln917 wrote:
Has Natasha had to honor of being your co pilot?
No, Natasha hasn't flown with me. Other than being driven home from Albany, she actually hasn't left the house since she came to live with me. Someday, maybe, I'll bring her down to Long Island to show her to my folks, since they can't travel much anymore.

slavetoabunny wrote:
For some reason, I thought Natasha was already spayed. She'll do fine. I've been through so many spays I don't even worry anymore, but I know it's different when it's your own rabbit.
Natasha is my first - I know it's necessary, and complications are rare, but I'm still going to worry until it's over and she's home safe.

MikeScone wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
For some reason, I thought Natasha was already spayed. She'll do fine. I've been through so many spays I don't even worry anymore, but I know it's different when it's your own rabbit.
Natasha is my first - I know it's necessary, and complications are rare, but I'm still going to worry until it's over and she's home safe.

Be sure and let us know when Natasha's surgery is so we can keep her in our thoughts (and worry for you.)

slavetoabunny wrote:
Be sure and let us know when Natasha's surgery is so we can keep her in our thoughts (and worry for you.)
It's scheduled for April 7th, next Thursday. I have to take her in first thing in the morning and they'll do a complete checkup. Assuming everything's OK, I'll leave her there and they'll do the surgery and call me when it's done. They'll keep Natasha overnight for observation and make sure she's eating properly, and I'll pick her up Friday morning.

I got a new camera today - a Nikon D7000, which is their replacement for the D300 I've had for a number of years. Of course, I had to try it out on Natasha...

A bit of paper, just for a nibble...
7648_302114_300000004.jpg

Who's a sleepy bunny?
7648_302114_300000003.jpg

Posing...
7648_302114_300000002.jpg

In her litter box
7648_302114_300000001.jpg

Natasha's dinner... fresh kale, on a bed of, well, more kale...
7648_302114_290000000.jpg

It sounds like Natasha is in very good hands. I will be pulling for her next Thursday. Does she get to spend Friday in the office with you? I'll bet your staff would love that (assuming she is feeling up to the attention.)

slavetoabunny wrote:
Does she get to spend Friday in the office with you? I'll bet your staff would love that (assuming she is feeling up to the attention.)
Assuming she gets out early enough, that's the plan. Everyone is looking forward to meeting her.

The vet hospital just called - they've got a major surgery scheduled for the 7th, so they have to push back Natasha's spay until April 14th. I'm sure she wouldn't mind, but that's one more week for me to worry about it...

April 2nd - the calendar says it's been Spring for a few weeks...

Not in Central New York. Here's the view of Natasha's hutch (she lets me share), which I took this morning from 2,500 feet up:
7648_021244_490000000.jpg

The picture covers my land - my house is the first one from the right-hand side above (west of) the road. Nice day for flying, at least.

I got the wireless remote for the D7000 today, and set up the camera on a tripod to try it out...

Bunny kisses!
7648_062127_070000001.jpg

Cheek rubs...
7648_062127_070000000.jpg

... and nose rubs...
7648_062127_070000002.jpg

... and the bunny just zones right out.

Here's a few more pictures I took tonight, so long as the camera was out:

Natasha and the Bunny Pillow Dad got for Christmas
7648_062127_070000004.jpg

Bunny flop...
7648_062127_400000000.jpg

Natasha grooming her best buddy, Butter
7648_062127_070000003.jpg

"Hiya!"
7648_062127_400000001.jpg

It's almost too bad Natasha has to wait a bit longer for her surgery. I know the anxiety is a killer... So one week from today we need to send out healing vibes to your little girl. Shall do my best to remember.

What a neat aerial view of your area!! That must be the coolest thing to be able to fly a plane! What's the furthest you have flown? Been out West, or do you stay in the Eastern areas?

Awe... look at how Natasha takes such good care of Butters... :pDo you think you would ever try to bond her? I suppose it took you this long to get her to stop marking you and the sofa, that another bun would just throw her into a state. Maybe it's just the hormones that make her look so snuggly sweet. ;)

myheart wrote:
What a neat aerial view of your area!! That must be the coolest thing to be able to fly a plane! What's the furthest you have flown? Been out West, or do you stay in the Eastern areas?
Most of my flying is just up and around the Finger Lakes for the pleasure of it. At one point I collected airports, trying to fly to as many different ones as I could, but I haven't done that in years.

Once in a while I'll go down to Long Island to visit my folks, which is about a two hour flight (vs a six hour drive). The furthest I've gone is Hinckley, OH, for a rabbit get together many years ago.

Do you think you would ever try to bond her?
I don't think so. One bunny's enough for me, and she's happy being bonded to her big bald bunny Dad.

I just love Natasha, and I know what you mean about just loving to look at them, I feel the same way about Little Lady, spay's must be a Thursday thing as Little Lady's is scheduled for April 21st. I will keep Natasha in my thoughts and prayers on the the 14th. And you also, I know all about nerves.

Ever since Natasha came to live with me, I've been hoping to be able to leave her out of her cage at night. Scone adapted pretty quickly to that - he did try to wake me up at first light of dawn at first, but after a short time he got the idea that Dad wasn't crepuscular and would appreciate a bit more sleep.

This weekend I was having trouble sleeping, so I let Natasha out at around 3AM on Saturday night. She was as good as gold, and I woke up Sunday morning to find her sleeping next to me. Success, I thought.

Not so fast... Sunday night I didn't lock Natasha in after her bedtime snack. She came into my bedroom and came up on the bed for some petting, as Scone used to do. I turned out the light and went to sleep - for an hour. Then, I was awakened by Natasha vigorously grooming my hair (what's left of it). She just wouldn't leave me alone - telling her that Dad loved her too, but it was late, just didn't register. I lifted her off the bed, moved her next to me for some petting, nothing worked - it was grooming time, and she was bored, I guess. I finally had to put her back in her cage.

I'll keep trying.

Back