Natasha Rabbitova's 2012-13 Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike--after I saw Natasha's impressive engineering work in "Chew, Chew, Chew," I had to come and check out her blog. She is beautiful and so are your photographs. I've really enjoyed reading about her. It's great to see her enjoying her freedom, your company and all that space!!! Yippppeeee!!!

Natasha and I spent some time together last night, and I had a chance to take some pictures.

The local pet food store got in some oat hay, which Natasha really loves:
7648_261158_250000001.jpg

7648_261158_540000000.jpg

7648_261158_250000000.jpg

"Look what I found, Dad - a new toilet paper roll! Where did that come from?"
7648_261158_250000004.jpg

"Doesn't matter, it's mine!"
7648_261158_250000003.jpg

Natasha, relaxed...
7648_261158_250000002.jpg

I have got to make an appointment to get those nails trimmed. This week.

Yesterday my bedside lamp broke, so I had to buy a replacement. The LED lamp I got turns out to have a very focused beam, which results in sharp shadows being thrown across the room. So...

"Watch out, Natasha! It's the attack of the Shadowbunny!"

7648_220814_230000000.jpg

"Oh, hi! Do you want to be my friend, Shadowbunny?"

7648_220814_230000001.jpg

Natasha seemed fascinated by the shadow bunny, and hopped back and forth as it moved across the dresser.

Awh how cute! I remember reading your blog last year, just for some reason never commented. Natasha is a doll, and it seems you too are great for each other! Looking forward to more posts :)

Thats funny she liked the shadow bunny.

You can tell you are a much better photographer than me plus have a much better camera, lol, because your black rabbit photos are much better than my black rabbit photos :)

And now I have a silver rabbit and he is hard to photograph too!

agnesthelion wrote:
your black rabbit photos are much better than my black rabbit photos ...
And now I have a silver rabbit and he is hard to photograph too!
Check out our Camera Corner forum - it's all about improving bunny photography (well, any sort of photography, really, but we're here for the rabbits after all...)

We have a thread on taking pictures of black bunnies in the Camera Corner, among other things.

We have a visitor! Wendell the Wandering Wabbit has come to our warren for a while to experience the pleasures of Central New York.

Natasha was a bit surprised to find another bunny with Borders and Butter, but she quickly made friends with Wendell.

7648_052107_470000000.jpg

You can follow along with Wendell as he explores our area in Wendell Wabbit's Blog.

Guests or no guests, a bunny needs her evening snack. Parsley is always a favorite, and it tastes best when Dad hands it to Natasha one stalk at a time.

7648_052107_110000001.jpg

Let's not forget the carrots, either... a bunny needs some consolation for having to share her Dad, however brief the time...

7648_052107_110000000.jpg

Glad Wendell has arrived!! Natasha looks a little nervous about her new temp housemate, lol. I'm sure they will be friends in no time

I thought of Natasha when I met a black rex at the shelter where I eventually adopted Sherlock and Watson. I have also been referring to that thread for tips on how to take pictures of my new black bunny duo.

It's been a busy few weeks, and it was definitely fun having Wendell the Wandering Wabbit around. All good things must come to an end, though, and after a goodbye kiss from Natasha, Wendell is in his box and ready to head off in tomorrow morning's mail.

WendellNatashaButter_1836.jpg

Natasha has been really odd since I got back from visiting friends last night. I know she's pathologically afraid of dogs, and the slightest smell of a dog will send her into a panic, so I'm usually very careful to wash my hands after I pet a dog. My friends' dog was a very friendly yellow Lab who was all over me, and I guess he transferred more smell than I knew. He may have laid down on my jacket at some point, too.

Anyway, as soon as I got home and let Natasha out of her cage she streaked into my bedroom and under the bed and started thumping. I washed my hands in mechanic's solvent, which usually works, and called her out for a treat. She inched over to me, took one sniff, thumped, and ran under the bed again. I changed my clothes completely, but that didn't help much. All evening she would hop into the living room, slowly crawl over to the closet with her neck craned out in front, then run back to the bedroom. Finally, I put my coat in the dryer to air out, and put my computer bag in the back room to remove as much of the smell as possible. It helped a little, but she was still very skittish. More than once during the night she woke me up by thumping, and this morning I had to call her a lot to get her to come to breakfast - and then she had to be coaxed into her cage to eat. She kept inching up to the cage, then backing off. I really don't see what was bothering her, since nothing in the cage had been near anything which had been in contact with the dog. She did eat, eventually, but went back under my bed and thumped again.

Finally, I heard her come into the computer room where I was getting Wendell's stuff ready to ship. She came when called, and let me give her nose pets, to her evident satisfaction.

7648_251125_240000001.jpg

7648_251125_240000000.jpg

She then kissed my hand, so I figured that everything was finally well in a bunny's world.

7648_251125_240000002.jpg

Now, she's under my bed thumping again.

Rabbits...

Archie, my mini Rex, is a thumper too. I had some boxes pulled out from a storage room that I was clearing out the other day and I set them just temporarily next to the NIC condo. Archie thumped the ENTIRE time I was cleaning. I kept talking to him and telling him it's okay but nope, he was NOT pleased with these "things" in his space. And they were just boxes!! Doing nothin!! But he was not having it.

Sounds like Natasha must be really sensitive to dog smell. I bet it was in your clothes too.

I agree.......rabbits........lol

Natasha and I got an invitation to a wedding tonight - her first Dad and Mom are getting married out in Colorado in May.

7648_032145_110000000.jpg
natasha_1853-6396.jpg

I'm already planning on flying the Cessna out there, but Natasha will probably have to give it a pass. It's tough fitting such a long trip into a busy bunny's schedule...

In the meantime, a few pictures I took today of Natasha in her bunny cave under the dining room table.

7648_032145_110000002.jpg
natasha_1858-6398.jpg

natasha_1856-6397.jpg

Top view of rabbit in meatloaf position, waiting for a nose pet from Dad:
7648_032145_110000003.jpg

natasha_1860-6399.jpg

Last edited:
I like Natasha :) I enjoy your love for her. And I enjoy your photography skills which captures a black Rex coat so beautifully.

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your trip out to Colorado.

(btw, who are her first mom and dad?)

We've been getting our first real snowstorm of the season - it started snowing yesterday morning, and this morning it's a real blizzard out, so what better than to take some pictures?

Natasha has been very relaxed and content lately. I think she's finally getting over her grumpy shedding. She's been spending time in bed with me every night, and has resumed her usual high-speed circuits around the house. All's well in her world.

natasha_1935-6465.jpg

She's been helping me read some magazines this morning, by nibbling the tip-in cards.

natasha_1942-6466.jpg

Believe it or not, this pile of hay on a wicker tray was a hay-filled basket, complete with handle, only a week ago.

natasha_1918-6462.jpg

Natasha loves her oat hay.

natasha_1920-6463.jpg

Even in the middle of a hay binge, Natasha makes sure she has both ears swiveled to Dad - just in case I might say "treat".

natasha_1923-6464.jpg

Finally, a few pictures from my bird feeder this snowy December day. First, a male Downy Woodpecker:

downywoodpecker-m_1961-6467.jpg

A Common Junco (formerly "slate-colored Junco), also known around here as a "Snowbird"

junco_1927-6468.jpg

So enjoyed reading this and she´s such a gorgeous little girl, beautiful coat and the photos really do her justice. Will continue to enjoy reading all about her.

I´m finding these last few days also that my boys are not liking the smell of dog on my hands and clothes when I arrive home from my temporary home. Houdini stamped for the first time yesterday several times when I went to feed him. Must remember to change my clothes and wash my hands thoroughly before approaching them. Amazing what a great sense of smell they have.

Back