Natasha Rabbitova's 2012-13 Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been setting up a circulating PowerPoint show for our Scout Mall Show next week, and Natasha's been keeping me company, as usual.

Of course, not to let the time go to waste, there's always cardboard to sculpt...
natasha_2236-6639.jpg

I think Natasha is posing, here:
natasha_2240-6640.jpg

Either that, or she's hoping I won't notice the tooth marks on the chair?

I think her latest shedding session is finally nearing an end. Her new coat is smooth and soft and ever so shiny...
natasha_2242-6641.jpg

She is so pretty :) If she is posing, it is not a show pose. When Mini Rex are judged they have their head down and are made into a ball. They should look like a 1/2 basketball. Again she is very cute :)

She is a real poser but she has such a gorgeous shiny coat. She´s a lovely looking lady.

Natasha and I have been relaxing on a sleepy, snowy upstate New York Sunday. Here she is in one of her favorite spots, under the bench across from my recliner, where she can keep an eye on Dad while being comfortably enclosed.

natasha_2464-6703.jpg

natasha_2466-6704.jpg

I finally got around to cleaning Natasha's cage today - she'd been tearing up the carpeting on her balcony, so it was time for a recarpeting. I stapled an old terry-cloth towel over the cut-off table leaf which forms her balcony. She seems to approve of it...

natasha_2512-6777.jpg

I was able to go flying this weekend - the weather was beautiful. Natasha wasn't really happy about being put in her cage while I was out. She gave me the "Please let me out, Daddy?" look...

natasha_2513-6778.jpg

It's been a rough few weeks for me, so I haven't had much chance to spend with Natasha. This is the first weekend off I've had in a long while, and what better to do than take pictures of Natasha?

OK, I really need to clean the house (haven't had time for that, either), but it means that much more hay everywhere for Natasha to hunt around for.

natasha_2587-6905.jpg

Believe it or not, this was once a complete basket.

natasha_2583-6904.jpg

Yummy oat hay!

natasha_2592-6906.jpg

Natasha always loves her Spring Mix breakfast...

natasha_2595-6907.jpg

She seems quite satisfied by the breakfast offering this morning.

natasha_2596-6908.jpg

I went flying after feeding Natasha - it was just one of those perfect Spring days. After I got back, Natasha was ready for some Daddy time on the couch.

natasha_2602-6909.jpg

I try to pet the bunny, but she just wants to kiss...

natasha_2606-6910.jpg

"Really, Dad??? You know I don't like to be petted THERE!"

natasha_2610-6911.jpg

Insulted, grumpy... and shedding.

natasha_2615-6912.jpg

I know it's just the shedding. Natasha's mood will improve as soon as that's over.

She's so shiny, and black, and soft looking! I wuv her!

Envious of you going for a flight. Wish I could afford to get my license.

Strangely for central New York state in April, we've had three days in a row of really beautiful weather, with sunny skies and moderate temperatures (high 40's to mid 50's). I was able to take the Cessna up on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, which was a real pleasure after a hard winter. Yesterday, Saturday, seven of us from the local flying club took three planes from Ithaca up to Lake Placid in the Adirondacks for lunch. It was a really spectacular flight.

The other planes took the direct route at higher altitude, but I think that's boring. Why fly into the High Peaks if you're looking down on them?

adirondacks_2664-6973.jpg

Even though it's starting to thaw out here, as you get into Northern New York, Spring's a long way off. All of the lakes were still frozen, with the ground snow-covered. This is Piseco Lake and airport, one of the waypoints on our trip North.

k09-piseco_2681-6974.jpg

As I got closer to home, the season advances, and by the time we were back in Central NY there was only snow under the trees and in shady areas. Not yet green, but still nice. This is Middleville, not far from Utica. I like the pattern of streets in the oxbow bend of the Mohawk River.

middleville_2688-6975.jpg

This is Natasha's blog, of course. So, here are some pictures of her, relaxing at home with me on Sunday.

I think Natasha looks rather pensive here - not worried, but preoccupied, maybe trying to decide how to spend the rest of her day.

natasha_2711-6966.jpg

Or, considering what my reaction might be to her remodeling of the old computer chair?

"I wonder if Dad would buy the explanation that some other bunny snuck in overnight and had a go at the chair?"

natasha_2713-6967.jpg

Scone pretty much left the furniture alone. What is it with Natasha and upholstery?

It's a scary jump from the chair to the bench...

natasha_2717-6968.jpg

... but well worth it when you get there. The Bunny Pillow needs knocking onto the floor, for one thing.

natasha_2718-6969.jpg

I went into the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, but of course Natasha felt that was a chance to run into her cage and beg for a treat.

"As long as you're up, Dad, how about a carrot for a deserving bunny?"

natasha_2722-6970.jpg

Natasha at home on her balcony. I only recarpeted it a few weeks ago with a new terry-cloth towel, and she's already got the carpet ripped up in the corner. Her stuffed friend has been pushed over the tears, but it didn't work - I saw them.

natasha_2724-6971.jpg

We're catching up on our magazines this weekend - I read them, Natasha chews the tip-in cards. We make a good team.

natasha_2730-6972.jpg

Your pictures make me miss CNY (of course, the 90 degree weather in Texas this week may be contributing to that homesickness...)
I totally adore Natasha's expressions. She's so full of personality!

Breathtaking view from up there and of course Natasha is stunning as always, the name really fits the character ;)

I really do admire the relationship you have with her, you always get the perfect caption!

Wow, those views are amazing! Its so cool that you fly. I'd like to hang glide someday.

Natasha is such a pretty bunny, I love her all black fur and it looks so silky I'd love to feel her. :)

It was one of those really rare perfect weather weekends here - highs in the low- to mid-70's, and not a cloud in the sky all weekend. Things are finally starting to grow - the lawns are all bright Spring green, and we're starting to see new leaves on trees. Of course, I had to go flying. This is the view looking up the valley toward Dryden, NY, over Dryden Lake.

drydenlake_3089-7154.jpg

I took some time yesterday and today to work on the tractor in preparation for the summer - replace the mower blades, change the oil and filter and fix a broken bracket on the grille - then the front lawn and the pond banks got their first mowing of the season.

Natasha seemed happy to be able to spend a few days with me, without my having to run out for Scout activities or whatnot.

natasha_3129-7150.jpg

Natasha keeps on ripping up the terrycloth on her balcony. She seems quite satisfied with her handiwork.

natasha_3143-7153.jpg

I think she smelled some of the grass on my jeans...
natasha_3137-7152.jpg

"Hi Dad!"
natasha_3133-7151.jpg

After running around this afternoon, Natasha decided to relax on the padded bench in the living room, where she could keep an eye on me reading in my recliner.

natasha_3123-7149.jpg

natasha_3122-7148.jpg

The sun's setting now... back to work tomorrow.

Wow, what a pretty picture. I think its so cool that you go flying. What a great hobby! :)

The new pictures of Natasha are great! She is such a pretty girl. I love her colorings and her fur looks so soft. I would love to touch it.

Finally, Spring has come to Central New York for real. It was sunny and warm today, and there were blossoms on the apple trees in my yard. Of course, that means it's time to cut some for the bunny...

"What's this you've brought me, Dad?"
natasha_3152-7197.jpg

"They're flowers... I remember these, I think..."
natasha_3157-7199.jpg

natasha_3147-7195.jpg

"I do remember! They're yummy!"
natasha_3156-7198.jpg

natasha_3150-7196.jpg

Natasha is just beautiful! She is so shiny and I just want to pet her. I'm sure she enjoyed her branches as much as you are enjoying the warmer weather.

Latest posts

Back