Nala and Gaz

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehe... they look the same as they did yesterday, so I didn't take any pics today but I'll definitely post more as they grow up! I'm almost positive by now that one of them is albino :D

I would just like to say that home depot SUCKS. yesterday, I rushed over and arrived like 5 mins "before they closed" only to find that they seemed to be already closed...which was unusual, as I'm often showing up in the last 10-15 mins, but I didn't think enough of it to look more closely.

tonight, I rushed over half an hour "before they closed"... and they were CLOSED. upon closer inspection, I found out that sometime in the last week-week and a half, the jerks have started closing at 9 pm instead of 10 pm! I've been doing lots of shopping there since getting the bunnies and almost always in that last hour :(

A similar thing happened at the Lowes near our house. We got there like 5 minutes before they closed because we needed a part for our sink, and they wouldn't let us in. This lady was inside and she just shook her head at us and pointed at the sign. I put my phone up to the window and said it was 8:56 and she walked away.
I knocked on the door and let out some serious obscenities, when she came back I flipped her off and walked away.
That stuff pisses me off so bad! If its 8:56 and you close at 9, then you're NOT closed, quit being lazy! Ahhh.

LOL, yeah, I do hate when they close a few minutes early... but actually CHANGING their hours on me? so mean! some of us are nocturnal, darn it!

babies are 8 days old now! they're getting very squrimy and eager to explore, so it was harder to keep them all piled up for pics, lol.

DSCF06632.jpg

DSCF06602.jpg

DSCF06622.jpg

I *might* be getting my gliders tomorrow! they're both tamed enough to be ready to go but she says she needs to actually see them eat some of the pelleted part of the diet (as opposed to just the liquid portion. as soon as they eat some pellets, they can come home with me!

I'm so excited... and I finally got off my butt and finished arguing with that wretched cage, so they've got a habitat to come home to :D

Imbrium wrote:
I *might* be getting my gliders tomorrow! they're both tamed enough to be ready to go but she says she needs to actually see them eat some of the pelleted part of the diet (as opposed to just the liquid portion. as soon as they eat some pellets, they can come home with me!

I'm so excited... and I finally got off my butt and finished arguing with that wretched cage, so they've got a habitat to come home to :D

Oh how exciting! We will all be anxiously waiting..........

aww, I slept a bit too late, so I don't get them until tomorrow... they're ready to go now, though!

I'm getting them from a local breeder - http://www.helenslittlecritters.com/sugar_glider.htm
she's really nice and puts a lot of time into talking to potential buyers. also, it turns out she uses the same vet I do even though he's pretty far away from where she lives, which reaffirms my feeling that I picked an excellent vet. I think they might be getting another "well baby" check-up tomorrow morning.

some of my sugar-glider discussion is in this thread - http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=76687&forum_id=5

aww, my poor glider-breeder's got a migraine today :( she says we're still on for tonight but right now she doesn't feel up to talking for like an hour (making sure I'm all set, talking me through her diet for them, etc.) so I told her to rest up for a while and call me once she's feeling better since I'll be up late anyway... hopefully in the next 3-4h I'll have my gliders!

Well I hope your absence here means you got your gliders :) we will be waiting to hear!

Hmm... I hope you got your gliders! I didn't read through the rest of your blog so I'm not sure BUT I will assume you put together that PITA cage... LOL... I swear I will go through your blog and read it since I think it would be rude not too!

yeah, I've still got a lot of peoples' blogs to get around to, lol - I like to read them from start to finish before I start following 'em :p

they're not in the cage yet... I think she said they're only 6 weeks OOP (out of pouch - they're technically "born" a couple months before they start leaving the pouch, but people consider their birthday to be when they leave the pouch). they've gotta spend a couple weeks in this tiny nursery set-up before I can start transitioning them to the big cage... but at least I've got the darn thing done aside from a bit more toy-making and decorating. I posted a pic of the mostly-decorated cage here - http://rabbitsonline.net/view_post.php?post_id=986484

they're in the bonding pouch around my neck right now... they're SO tiny! I did snap a few pics for you guys, though. (the thumbnail sized ones are smaller 'cause they're fuzzy when they're bigger - it was hard to get the little wiggle-butts to sit still!

DSCF06712.jpg

DSCF06722.jpg

DSCF06732.jpg

DSCF06752.jpg

11 day old hammy babies... not sure what one of 'em has in their mouth, a piece of mom's food probably. also, I don't think the light colored one is albino after all - it's looking tan now. I'll know for sure when their eyes open, I guess.

DSCF06952.jpg

more glider pics:

DSCF06872.jpg

DSCF06832.jpg

DSCF06942.jpg

Cuties!!! Looks like they are letting you handle them okay. Any crabbing? And what did you decide to name them?

The hammies are getting bigger!

Latest posts

Back