Nail trimming!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broderick wrote:
I just trim each nail for a few seconds. 5-10. It doesn't take too long. Sometimes longer if they've gotten too long.

Jordan doesn't mind the nail trimmer. She in fact loves being groomed. When I use the shampoo her fur and then brush her she usually stretches out. She's a spoiled brat and loves being pampered. Haha.

Thanks for the reply. I might get brave and try. I don't which boy will be the guinea pig or rabbit should I say, but I'll have to try. Being small nails I would think it would only take a few seconds. Truly, thanks for your input.

K :)

Broderick wrote:
Jordan doesn't mind the nail trimmer. She in fact loves being groomed. When I use the shampoo her fur and then brush her she usually stretches out. She's a spoiled brat and loves being pampered. Haha.
Why are you shampooing your rabbit? Please be careful getting her that wet that she doesn't get chilled. Rabbits under normal, healthy conditions are naturally clean. I had a special needs bun that had to be washed to avoid urine scald and I was always so worried he would catch cold.

Im right with you Bonnie!! I have tried numerous time with no luck!! I have no one to help me but my 6 year old daughter and she is not going to help!! Blossom is impossible. My mom said we had a rabbit for 6 years and never cut his nails WHAT!! But I guess its true what someone said on here. What do the wild rabbits do? Blossom likes to dig at my rug and I have two digging boxes with concrete slabs in them she loves. Now if I can just get her to dig at the concrete slabs and not my rug she could file them down herself!!

Latest posts

Back