My son wants to join the army

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mubunny wrote:
My friend had a brother in the army and he unfortunately came back in a coffin. It's a dangerous thing to do but it's a noble thing. As long as he knows the risks and benefits and is doing it for the right reasons you should support him. Being so young and making such a big decision is admirable.

When Anthony first told me that he had called up someone about joining the army,i will admit i was worried...all these thoughts went swooshing through my mind..i think they might have been typical thoughts though..like a worried mum...but i guess it's just one of those things.

I will always support him and be there for him...but on the other side i will worry about him though.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
Tell Anthony that girls on the Internet think he's CUUUTE!
:D
He'll fill out his uniform well, I think :p
Brave guy!
Hehe...i will tell him when he gets home from the gym....don't worry he will just love that lol ;)

Well the time is almost here when Anthony goes for his interview...it's monday today and his appointment is wednesday at 8:30am..but he has to be there 15 minutes early..it's four hours long..and i think he has to have a fitness test that day also..we don't know what else he will do while there.

He wants to be a frontline soldier...there's a name for it but i cannot remember what Anthony called it lol.....it is quite worrying really but it's what he wants to do.

I don't think it has really hit me yet....if he gets accepted i think that's when things will change...when he comes home and says 'mum i have been accepted'..i think i will cry....but i'm sure it will really hit me,if he does get accepted and it's time to leave..oh my gosh,i have never been apart from my boys.

My cousin applied to the army ages ago but got declined..not sure why though...so i'm keeping an open mind with Anthony.

He's determined though and says if he don't get in the first time..then he's going to keep on trying.

Both me and my husband just got out of the Army. It was the best thing I could have ever dont for myself. I learned the value of self discipline and became responsible with my money, I was on a bad road to no where. I really grew up, In the US Army there is no running away once you make a commitment and I am sure its similar there but it truly made my life better, and as long as your son is confident in his training he will be safe

Hey Holly...those are some of the reasons why it would be good for him.

And yes..if he is accepted he will have eighty days to back out of it...if he chooses to stay then he has to be there for the five years or something like that.

cheryl wrote:
Well the time is almost here when Anthony goes for his interview...it's monday today and his appointment is wednesday at 8:30am..but he has to be there 15 minutes early..it's four hours long..and i think he has to have a fitness test that day also..we don't know what else he will do while there.
How did it go?

Hey Rebecca,Yeah he went for his interview wednesdaywhich went for four hours...but he said he was very nervous as he really really wants this...so now he's worried he messed up...but he won't know anything until they let him know by mail.

Latest posts

Back