MY RABBIT RAN AWAY

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyWabbit

Reaction score
Guys, Creela is gone. It was 11:00 AM When I came back from school. I went in the garage to check on the rabbits and I found the cage door open. I only saw beewee in the cage but creela was not. I thought that creela must be somewhere in the garage. I searched and searched but I could not find find him. Then it hit me. Today in the morning my dad opened my garage door and drove me to my school. When the door was open, creela probably ran out. We checked the security cameras and sure enough, creela ran out. We searched outside my house for 3 hours but could not find creela. Now I’m crying.

Awe I’m sorry.

let your local rescues and vets know, put up signs, and keep an eye out. Someone might find them. Are they microchipped at all?

We had a rabbit which got out and spent a night outside. We put his favourite food out, and he came during the night and ate some, so we knew he was around. The next morning we found him safe and sound, sitting near a bush in the garden. Your bunny probably hasn't gone far. Just put some food out, maybe a shelter and hope that you find him in the morning. Rabbits are actually quite smart, and they know where they live.

Guys, Creela is gone. It was 11:00 AM When I came back from school. I went in the garage to check on the rabbits and I found the cage door open. I only saw beewee in the cage but creela was not. I thought that creela must be somewhere in the garage. I searched and searched but I could not find find him. Then it hit me. Today in the morning my dad opened my garage door and drove me to my school. When the door was open, creela probably ran out. We checked the security cameras and sure enough, creela ran out. We searched outside my house for 3 hours but could not find creela. Now I’m crying.
I hope he comes back soon

What I would do:
First of all, put food and some treats in there and leave the door open somewhat. Also put soemthing to hide under in the garage. Since you have cameras you'll see if he comes back, a motion detector that alarms you would be better. Do your normal chores, and repeat noises he might associate with being fed. Then get earlier than usual up in the morning and first close the door.

I let my rabbits out on the garden and meadow starting at 8-10 weeks, and not a single one ran away, but I train them gradually. If you see him outside, do not try to catch him, when they are spooked they will go everywhere but not where you want them to go. Chasing doesn't work, not in this situation anyway. Nagging often does - getting close enough from opposite where you want him to go so that he just not runs away, then stop and wait until he moves, repeat. Get some lengh of fence or similiar to cut off escape routes once located.

IMO Chances are pretty good that he is still around, most likely under something. Cornering works, but be sure to close all escape routes, including those behind you.

When I'm fed up with a stubborn rabbit that refuses to go home after I lost my temper and tried to catch him I use a DIY marten box trap with an apple as bait, positioned at the gate to the hutch area, works for me.

Glsd to hear that Creela is found!
My first rabbit lived in a shed too, one night he managed to open his crate door and escape through a crack in the wall. Next early morning dad was really surprised to see him just loitering around the shed's front door, full of thistles, confused why the door was closed. Rabbits are good at knowing where their home is.

Latest posts

Back