my prego bunn.. Overdue?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have a jupiterannette, check it out when you have time to read it :D.

The runny poo sounds worrying, I hope Hunny is feeling better soon andgets those babies out. I can't view the cam now as it already has toomany viewers but I'll keep trying.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I really don'tthink your vet sounds very rabbit savvy. The smelly leaking, the wetteats(?) and the runny dropping do not sound good at all and I'd bevery worried if that was my rabbit.

A rabbit birthing process isn't normally very long; a lot of peoplereport 5-30 minutes for the norm. I have had two births here and bothwere under 10 minutes. There was no leaking from the rabbit or any ofthe teeth grinding or other things you have reported seeing. She waslazy for a day then just popped into the nest, had the babies, cleanedup the afterbirth and back out again to eat and drink.

The leakage over a long period of time tells me that the fluid that issurrounding and supporting the babies could be diminishing and thatcan't be good.

I know you really love your rabbit :), and you have your boyfriendmonitoring her while you are at work, do you think you could get him tocall another vet? Even for some advise over the phone at the very least.

Yeah, I agree with Minilops. Are yousure this vet knows much about rabbits? Most don't, andthey're not usually taught much about rabbits in veterinary collegesunless the vet takes an interest in them. Maybe one of thesevets would know more:
MA Rabbit Savvy Vets

well i have 2 exotic vets one does birds, andbunnies and such, and one does rodents only, so i think there prettygood togeather... i dunno though..

he said tonight or bust.. c-section..

the fluid/diareah/wet teets/and grinding... all in conjunction.. hethinks they might be stuck, and then all dead... :( im dyinginside here... wouldnt she be much sicker..

he is comming to the house tonight, cause i dont want to desterb her....

hopefully all will be well......

Poor rabbit :(, thanks for letting us know whatwas happening. I'm really glad your vet can come out to your place andhelp you. Hopefully your girl will be ok, how sad and scary for you.

the vet was here..

he wants me to stop worring so much

they are in position and he thinks thers 4 not 6..

he is gonna watch the cam at home and help me keep and eye on her!

So this doe is around the 32/33 day mark now?

I always give my does rasberry tea around their 29th day until theykindle. It's always a weak solution unless they have an issue then it'sa normal dosage of rasberry tea. This helps relax their girly partsjust like in humans. :)

Sometimes the does will drag their butta bit if they have astuck kit. While other times they may carry their hindquarters high.Then there's those does that don't show any 'walking' habits with stuckkits.

If she is on the 33rd day mark and doesn't have them by early Monday afternoon, I'd recontact the vet.

If it was my rabbit, I'd ask for oxytocin before having a c-section.Both have high risks but they don't have to be put under anaestheticswith oxytocin.

If she does have a stuck kit and not taken care of rather quickily, the result could be a deceased doe. :?

so i just got up...

and her cage is FULL of fur!

and she is laying in her nest and grinting at me, she wont let me in the cage!

and there is blood int he litterbox!

it hink she had them...
i unno, she wont let me see!

she may be going to have more...

Stillborns happen a lot and with her leaking the fluid I'm notsurprised....I'm sorry to say that. I'm really concerned about her.

But if your vet thought she might have more - she might still be having more....how is she acting?

Peg

If you can't hear a heartbeat - odds are good itis gone. You can try to hold it in your hands for a few minutes to seeif it responds....but I'm guessing there is a good chance it is gone.

I'm sorry. She may still have more and while you can try to warm up thebaby and see - you really need to focus on mama and make sure she'sgoing to be ok. I'm concerned because of the diaherrea and fluids she'shad leaking - I've had almost 100 litters and NEVER had that happen. Ihave been talking to some other breeders and they have never had ithappen....

...so I guess what I'm trying to say is I'd keep a close eye on mama. Iknow what your vet said ...but I don't know just how rabbit-savy yourvet really is about breeding...

Peg

I'm so sorry! I know how much you wanted these babies and how great you would have been with them. RIP little angel.

Just keep a close eye on mamma. She may be having more and need your help.

Back