my prego bunn.. Overdue?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jupiterannette

Reaction score
so my preg girl was due 28 days yesterday...

i know they can go to 31, but she is starting to worry me, she pulled alot of fur out or her ... private area... and has been.. irritated.. and jumpy..

she also was grinding her teeth earlier... which means she is in pain...

i dont want to give her anything for pain cause of the babies...

i jsut gave her some more green grass, and wheet grass, and she munched away, and she seemed to feel better.

she has full access to dry hay, and gets green grass and veg 2 times a day..

free feed to timothy pellets, and dr. pellets..

and a fresh water bottle, and a vitamin bottle, that she seems to prefur to drink...

she is stuffing tons of hey in her mouth, and making quite the nest, and eating ALOT

she runs to me and begs to come out, but im afraid to pick her up, so i let her hope out her door, to the floor and then she goes up her steps onto the couch, and relaxes with me... she seems like she doesnt want to be int he cage atall... she just wants her mommy.....

her belly is moving and soooo big she cant stand without it dragging....

do you think they are stuck in her belly....

does this sound normal???

thanx

im not an expert but try to make her comfertable...wait till the 2 day mark and then talk to a vet....im sorry thats all i have to say....wish i have more...buti will wach the topic since my first little is comeong on fri!!!!!

Sounds quite normal to me. Grinding of the teeth does mean pain amongst other things. She is getting ready to have them. Does she have a nestbox? I wouldn't worry about her unless you notice she is going into labor...having contractions.

Sharon

Most buns go to day 31 before kindling. I put nest boxes in on day 28. She should be fine.

Have you been giving her a tums a day? If not - start now...I usually start around day 27/28 and go till day 31. The calcium can help her from having problems with seizures or something from going into calcium deficiency.

With that said - sounds pretty normal.

Peg

i cant sleep!

she is grinding her teeth again, and her stomach is HUGE and moving alot.

it is really hard, and she is grunting alot!

she has a ... corner in her cage that has a cover on it and is enclosed all around, and she has packed it with hey and shavings and carefresh... and she has some fleece in there too, she carried the chucks from the couch..!

she is in her litter box on her side with her little legs sticking up in the air... and grinding her teeth

i feel sooo bad..

i hate to wake him up, but i think im gonna call the vet if she doesnt stop grinding soon.. i just cant move her! ohmagosh!

HELP!!!!!!

What breed is she? Is this her first litter? What breed is the dad? Was he bigger than her?

Peg

she is an eastern cottontail X dwarf
and daddy is a dwarf

she is 4-5lbs pre preg
and he is 2-3 lbs

this is her first

she is 2 yo

and she is leaking
out her bum..
do they have a water that breaks?

it is like a thick smelly pee.... and there was a little on her shelf....

should i jsut leave her alone, or be with her, she is begging to get out, but she needs to be in her nest? right?

should i give her her favorite fleece blanki she loves to hide in it... maybe that would make her happy???

im scared

As long as you don't pick her up, there is no reason she can't come out and be herself. Exercise will do her good. It is not unheard of that she could have them soon. Keep an eye on her while she is out to see if she becomes disstressed. (sp)

Sharon

i was sneaking her blankie in and she jumped out the door and started running around and binking, and then tumping really loudly, and grunting, now she has hoped back in her cage and is running around liek mad, moving everything about.

she is still grinding her teeth and there are more wet spots..

i dont want to interfear, and upset her, but i want to be there for her....

i love her soooo much, she is my baby hunny bunny.... i bottle fed her from 2 weeks, he momma died shortly after she was born, and there was a alert put out, and because i raise baby birds, i figured i would try, and i raised a healthy little lady...
and now she is gonna have babys, im gonna be a grammy

im hystarical

i hope she doesnt feel my nerves, i want her to stay calm.. im a mess

thank you alll ssooooooo much for your help and support

Sounds like something is wrong - I'd get her to the vet. She may have a uterine infection or other complications.

Pam

she was really upset until about 1 then she went to sleep, and relaxed...

so i figured i would too

this morning she was eating and hoping around, she is out now and still is leaking...

it kinda smells like pee, but is thick... and slimy...

we are going to the vet i will let you all know latter..

thank you

and we jsut got back fromt he vets, and he said she looks awesome, and the babies are ready to come out, and the leaking is normal, he said they can leak for up to a week before they have the babies..

he said it should be today or tomorrow, and for me to just relax, and let her do her thing!

im so nervous...... and anxious

she is in her cage,a nd nesting more now, he said to leave her alone, just talk to her and pet her once and a while, but keep her in her pen/ cage, no free hopping, incase she has the babies, i have to be able to find them! lol

so...

iwant to tank you all agian for your help, and i will keep you updated.!
and of course post pics once i can!

aww thats asome!! tommrow night is the 28 day mark for me too!! i cant wait! ill be up all night! two girls are haveing there babys!!! there sistas!:):colors:

Glad to hear she is doing great...by the way, you are too! Relax and keep an eye on her...maybe you can catch her giving birth. If you do, just remember to stay very still and quiet while watching so as she doesn't get annoyed.

Sharon

Latest posts

Back