My new foster/rescue baby girl!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timetowaste

Reaction score
Blossom (aka B.B because my roommate hates the name Blossom and wanted to call her Bianca, so we compromised) was rescued by a middle school teacher who volunteers for Brambley Hedge Rabbit Rescue (www.bhrabbitrescue.org). According to the student who brought her in, she was found after being hit by a lawnmower which cut her ears and left a huge gash on her side, and he couldn't care for her. The other student he tried to give Blossom to said his parents wouldn't let him keep her. So, knowing his teacher volunteers for a rescue, he asked the teacher to take it.

Casey, the teacher, has 5 rabbits of his own with his wife, and 2 fosters. Not so much with room for another, you know? So he sent out an email to a few friends who are rabbit savvy and asked for help. Kelly (owner of www.thebunnybasics.com and co-founder of the soon to be Tranquility Trail Animal Sanctuary) forwarded on the email to me, and informed me that Brambley is so overfull right now with about 140+ rabbits, and they are desperately needing a foster home for this little girl.

I talked to my roommate, Diana...and she said sure, what the heck.

This was two weeks ago.

She does NOT look like she was hit by a lawnmower of any kind. Her ears are the only thing damaged on her (I don't even see a wound on her side like the student said, and neither did the vet), and they look jagged, like they were cut with childrens safety scissors. The vet and I are positive they were scissors, and it was intentional. Since she is such a pure white color, I could only imagine the bloody mess that must have been....poor little girl.

We are guesstimating she is about 9 months old, and we have NO idea what breed she is. I'm just calling her a Satin mix.

So without further ado....meet B.B. :)

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

Poor bubba :(

Lawnmower ?? OUCH

Glad shes in safe, caring hands now:D And she is one cute bunner!!

Becca
christmas_tree.gif

Hey T1 :)

Actually we are attempting to bond her to Nemo. Nemo is very stand offish with buns, and for some reason with Blossom, he hasn't attempted to bite her head off yet. Does that mean possible tolerance is in the air!? :)

The only problem is, my roommate is in love with B.B. and may want to keep her. If she does, I don't want to bond them because I am going to graduate school at some point and don't want to have to separate them after they have been together! That's just MEAN.

So we shall see what the future holds. In the meantime, we went to the Bunny Basics yesterday and loaded up on lots of treats and goodies and chewies and stuff for her. She's a beautiful girl, and REALLY coming out of her shell. She lays sprawled out on Diana's lap. SO adorable :), I'm so glad we took her in.

T2

LOL I just figured out what T1 and T2 meant lol.......

Flashy and you are both Tracy's right??

LOL... Bit slow here!! :biggrin2:

Lucky Blossom, she is going to be one spoilt lady bun bun!!

Becca
christmas_tree.gif

LOL Becca, that is what T1 and T2 are :)

Flashy was here first, you know? Gotta respect. ::crosses fingers gangsta style:: R'SPECT YO.

Yes, B.B. is very lucky to have both Diana and I! Whether she bonds with Nemo or not, she will ALWAYS have a place with one of us, and for now, BOTH of us!

Tracy

Definitely sounds for the possibility of a bond, BUT, you are right, it would be harsh to separate them, so only bond if they can definitely stay together. If not..... Maybe they might both like their own friend! :biggrin2:

*ignores the rest of the thread but pats Becca on her way through* :p

Flashy wrote:
This is REALLY off topic but I love that Christmas Tree Becca. It makes me fuzzy everytime I see it :D

OT: Thanks I got it from this thread :D

What a terrible thing to do to a rabbit! That must have hurt her something fierce! She doesn't seem to mind being by you guys, from what I've read, anyway :) That is great that you took her in! She is gorgeous!

I adore her, Tracy! Good job on fostering her :D!

Oh, when are ya bringing me Cinnamon Roll, by the way :p?

I am so glad B.B. is in a safe place now. To think that someone could actually take scissors and cute her ears. You know that couldn't have been easy to do, I can only imagine the fight she gave them. I hope she got a couple of good bites in.

Whether your room mate keeps her or she gets adopted she will be much happier.

Oh gosh, I can't stomach the thought of someone cutting that poor bunny's ears with SCISSORS! How could someone do that?!? I'm so happy she's with you now though :(

I wonder if they tried to do it when she was younger? You know, how they crop puppy's ears when they are young so the ears stand up better? With a rabbit, you wouldn't really have to do it for that reason... Either way, they are still scumbags.

I'm so glad you guys have taken her in. She looks like she really needed some love. Another possibility is that her mom chewed on her ears. This can happen often. I don't know if it would be jagged like that, though. In any case, you guys are angels for taking her in. I hope your friend joins the forum too!

Who in their right mind would cut a rabbit ears? That's is so horrible but I believe it! It's so sad that animals have to go through terrible things like that. Thank goodness for people like you!!! She's very gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back