My new bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks young right? That's what I thought. Got this one from Petsmart. They told me he was 3 month. But he's not even 1 pound yet.

As a Dutch bunny, which will weigh 3.5 to 4.5 pounds at maturity, under 1 pound sounds like he was weaned relatively early. He might enjoy either goat milk or baby kitty supplement (you can add an egg yolk as well as bunny milk is the second richest of mammals. Try in a bowl or an oral syringe. His digestive tract is very delicate at this age -- only add or change foods very gradually. Love him and his name! 😄🐇🐇💜

He's nowhere near 12 weeks. I'm no pro but your bunny looks about 6 weeks old at the most. As long as he's healthy and eating well you shouldn't have any issues. Take care not to introduce any new foods for a while until his gut matures a little more, and when you do do it in very small tiny amounts to see how he copes.

There is no need to reintroduce milk to a sensitive babies tummy....
Id guess closer to 8 weeks based on what my tiny girl looked like when she came home. Either way just stick to the pellets your bun was on at the store and hay for the next 2 or so weeks then you can slowly introduct veggies.

He doesn't look much older than my four babies, who are barely five and a half weeks old. He's a cutie patootie though.

Wow would they really have sold one that young at a store? Thought they would have been the people not to lie about age. He's doing good on eating so far. He's eating pellets good and I have him on alfalfa hay. Litter box training is always fun though... Thank you for all the great advice though.

Latest posts

Back