My name is Piffy, but they all call me The Cutest Bunny in the Universe!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I'm not starting to sound like a paranoid mum or *gasp* Munchausen syndrome by Proxy parent but.......

her poopies look normal again. Smaller, drier, but still easier to press.

Piffy please just stay healthy.

ps: I was sitting next to her cage picking out the pellets from seeds and dried fruits and Piffy almost got into a frenzy. Mind you, she had enough hay and water in her cage but the smell of the food was .... if I were rabbit i'd probably go into a frenzy too.

So she did what she just learned to do *rolls eyes*. She clamped her teeth around the metal bar of the cage door and rattled it LOUD and QUICK. I offered her alfalfa hay (from the package). She spat it out, regained her grip on the metal bar and rattled some more. I offered her some petting. She settled down enough for me to trust she wouldn't rattle and turn back to my sorting. She rattled again.

I took her out in the end, she didn't care for anymore stroking. She was headed straight for the food spread out in front of her. I offered her one pellet and put her back. She seemed to be satisfied then, and turned back to munching her hay after she was done with the pellet.

I hope this sounds like a healthy rabbit to you, because to me *fingers crossed*, it sure does.

Some rabbits really love their pellets. Before I switched Kirby's hay and hay became his favorite food, Kirby used to eat his pellets like a junkie. It smells yummy and is easy to eat for them. I'm no expert but I take this as a positive attitude for Piffy. If she is hungry for food, then she has will to live ;)

If you can afford it, maybe change her hay more often. She may eat more of it. If she might have defecated on it or peed on it, she wo n't eat it and she can smell the difference even if we can't see the difference. I find that if you give them smaller piles they eat more, they'll be curious to come and smell newer hay rather than eat the hay that's been out for over a day. You can also better monitor how much food she's intaking. It is easier to spot immediately if she has stopped eating if you can normally guage how much she eats.

My Toby eats 1 full handful of alfalfa hay every half of a day. He eats until there's none left and I can tell immediately if he started to eat more (he's a growing baby) or if he has stopped eating for some reason.

haha well that's what I was thinking too :) I've decided to clean her cage everyday. It really isn't a lot of work, and there are 4 of us to do it.

I'm not sure whether the green rod-shaped pellets are alfalfa hay , normally they are, aren't they?

I have alfalfa based pellets for Toby and Timothy pellets for Kirby and they both look the same (pale brown, not really green). If it is just green then I kind of doubt it is alfalfa. It might be colored with some type of coloring to make it really green.
Can you get us a pic of your separated pellet feed and also post it on the infirmiry post you have?

Piffy! So cute :) I agree

1) What is Piffy's breed? Sorry... i don't know, probably wooly jersey?

2) Is it okay to take pictures of her using flash? It's okay just as log as its not right in front of their eye.. and not too often keep with no flash if you can.

3) At what age do we find out her gender? Umm well my bunnies were put as girls, but one of them turned out ot be a boy and he/she :p was about 9 months so... try everyday :p haha

4) I've seen on youtube how bunnies "fall asleep" when you flip them over. i know it's stressful for them so i'll never do that to Piffy. I also saw somewhere that this reaction is caused by some kind of nerve on their backs. How true is that? I think lots of people trance their bunnies but it never worked with mine... umm... but a few of my "expert" friends knows how to do it and it works so it must be me.

5) How much food should I give Piffy? Does anyone have some kind of menu or food list according to her age? Well alfalfa hay is good but we don't have it in Nz either so... I just go with the other type i don't remember what its callednow, its been ages since had a bunny. But with the pellets, go with just pellets no nothing else in them, and i fed my two unlimited amount until they were around 6-7 months.

6) Is it okay to let her run free in the room? I stay in a student hostel, the room is pretty small and quiet. We spent yesterday (Piffy's second day home) cleaning and bunny-proofing the place as best we could.

kirbyultra
Yeah, just make sure ther are no little cracks Piffy could get stuck in, and no wires for her to hurt herself chewing on them... The box you have her in is ok if you need to confine her for a little while but she's going to jump out of it on her own without a cover because the box is not very deep and rabbits can jump surprisingly high. Can you get her a little cage so she can see out, and also keep her safe when you are out? Bunnies do the most unbelievable things if you leave them out on their own for long periods of time, especially if it's a new bunny and you don't know their personality and what they are capable of. I would let her out and supervise her but I would say to get to know her better before you let her out on her own unsupervised.

I couldnt have said it better

Well hope that helped! I'm so keeping watch of this thread!
If you need any more help.. anything a all just "pm" me :)

- Prisca

I do hope little Piffy is feeling better!!

I read your blog last Thursday, but didn't post a replay thinking I would do something this week. I was so surprised to see a thread for little Piffy in the Infirmary and my heart just sank with fear. So I read through the Infirmary thread, and was so happy to see that Piffy responded to all treatments provided to her. :D

Keep getting better, Piffy!!! You are in good hands now that your mom's and dad's know you are a bit young to be away from your momma. You have a lot of forum members pulling for you!!!

myheart

5974ebc75d.gif

GIF animations generator gifup.com

Hewwo evewybodie!

Today I had a lot of fun! Mummie was wowwied about me and changed my hay first thing in the morning. I was a good babie. I didn't "dia-wea" yesterday.

After mummie finished her cwass, she came home and let me out of my cage. Mummie was so funnie! She cwawled on the fwoor and pwetended to be big scawy monsters, but I wasn't fwightened at all! I cwimbed all over her and twied to EAT her instead!

Daddie was watching us pway and said that both of us are babies :p

Mummie wants me to show you how I jump in and out of my cage. Did you see the GIF my mummie posted? My mummies and daddies are vewy pwoud of me. They said I'm going to be an "at-the-lead" one day, and compete in Bunny Olympics.

What's an "at-the-lead"?Is there yummie food involved? I miss my yummie food. Mummie picked out all the pellets fwom the yummie food, nowthey only give me pellets and hay. :tears2: It's quite borwing but mummie said that's the best for me at the moment.

Here's another one of me gwooming.

5JScc11243438239.gif

I wike to keep my ears cwean!

See you tomowwo!

Hewwo Evewybodie!!

It's me Piffy again! My mummies and daddies have been weally busie with their exams but Mummie said I should dwop by and say hi to you all.

I feel funnie these days. Evewything looks much smaller! When I first came to my mummies' home, I could fit my whole bodie into my twanspawent pwastic food bowl, with woom to spare. Now, I can onwy fit half my bodie!

My mummies and daddies didn't notice that at first. One day my Aunt Jo came to visit and she gasped and said "He's so big now! How fast CAN he grow?! " My mummies immediately looked at my pictures 3 weeks ago and only then did they wealise I was two times the size I was when I first got here!

There's also much more fur on me. Mummie says Im wooking more wike a wionhead! She isn't vewy sure though, so she'll post more pics of me later for you to decide!

Yesterday I did something that I was VEWY pwoud of, but my mummies and daddies said I was naughtie! You wemember I told you last time how I learnt to gwab the metal bar on my cage and wattle it till my mummie lets me out?

Well, yesterday, I MANAGED TO WEMOVE THE WHOLE METAL BAR!! I worked hard for a whole week to do that. Evewytime I did that, mummie would poke her fingers into my cage and stwoke my head, and I would immediately stop because it felt so good.

But I kept doing the wattling thing. Daddie told them to ignore me and sometimes I would stop the wattling when they pwetend not to hear. But I kept wattling and wattling and finally one side of it came out!

I was so happie - there was a huge gap in the cage now and i could wun in and out of my cage as I like.

But my daddies and mummies didn't think so. So my mummie put me on her bed and told me I was a vewy naughty wittle babie but she was laughing so loud! I don't think she was WEALLY angwy.

While I was on mummie's bed, daddie inserted a book thing between the bars, and now my exit that i worked so hard on, was bwocked again! Pffffft!

My cage looks ugly now with a book thing stuck on the door. My mummies said serve me wight for destwoying my 2-week-old new cage. I was so mad I poopied and peed on mummie's bed :blushan:.

By the way, I've been with mummies and daddies for exactly 3 weeks now! I wov my mummies and daddies :biggrin2:

Hi Piffy and Parents,

I'm so glad that Piffy is doing much better and hasn't been sick. It's to see a bunny with an attitude.

Piffy your not alone in the cage rattling, all my bunnies have done it but never managed to destroy the cage so Congratulations on that! Sorry that your parents fowled your plan :(

Can't wait for pictures. Babies really do grow up so fast.

Rebecca

Latest posts

Back