My name is Piffy, but they all call me The Cutest Bunny in the Universe!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelh

Reaction score
Hello bunnies, mummies and daddies! My mummie Angelh opened a blog for me here so you can get to know me better. I can't type, of course, so mummie will do all the typing for me while I sleep on her lap.

My name is Piffy, but my mummie and daddie call me the Cutest Bunny in the Universe. I don't think that's true, I look exactly like my elder brother in the petshop! Mummy said that she loved me at first sight.

Mummie and Daddie didn't plan to have me at all! They were just going into the petshop to buy food for my 2 elder brothers - Red eared sliders named Roundie, and Fattie, and my elder sister Lovie. They saw me snuggling with another bunnie and loved me immediately.

Mummie, Daddie, Aunt X and Uncle W brought me home along with some hay and Pine things for my box lining. They put me into the box where I stayed on my first day there. Mummie and Daddie didn't wanna scare me so they didn't carry me a lot on the first day.

This is me in my box on the first day home. I was excited, a bit nervous, and I guess scared, so after a while of sniffing and exploring, I fell asleep.

may8--0002.jpg

After I woke up, daddie noticed me peeking from the little window in the box and told mummie that I wanted to come out. I wuv yew daddie!

It was mummie's first time carrying me, and we were both a bit scared. Mummie even squealed a bit when I kicked her. But she was gentle with me and put me back down, and she went to check the big blinking box on her table, where people inside showed her how to carry bunnies.

may8--0005.jpg

teehee! That's me looking from the little window into my cozy little box.

may8--0012.jpg

Mummie said I'm a really smart baby bunnie.

may8--0016.jpg
Mummie let me hop around her big table as she typed on the big bright box. I didn't wanna disturb her, so I went into her basket and fell asleep. Seeing how much I love the basket, mummie cleaned it and lined it with soft cloth and gave it to me. I wuv you mummie!

may8--0018.jpg

IMG%5D
IMG%5D

Mummie says I run around too much. She likes to sit on the floor and call me. I always run to her and sleep on her lap. I wuv it when mummie strokes me gently and talks to me until I fall asleep.

rong.jpg

This is the food that Mummie is feeding me. The people in the petshop told her that it is good for me, but Mummie says that the "forum" people in the big bright box told her that it's not good. We don't have any bunnie pellets at home, so mummie has been giving me a bit of this (i wuv this food!) , tiny cubes of fresh carrots and a lot of hay. Can you please tell mummie what is good for me? (Tell her to keep giving me this food, pwetty pwease?)

home.jpg

Finally, this is the full view of my box and bed. Mummie doesn't know whether it's good enough for me. I think I like it. Mummie lets me go in and out of the box as I like, I simply squeeze through the little window when I want to play with Mummie and Daddie, and back again when I feel hungry.

What do you think about my room?

:D

Hey all, I'm Angelh, Piffy's mum. I'm a very new bunnie mummie, and i'm sure buns are more vulnerable than the dogs and turtles i'm used to. I would love it if you guys can provide me some answers to my (perhaps noobish) questions.

1) What is Piffy's breed?

2) Is it okay to take pictures of her using flash?

3) At what age do we find out her gender?

4) I've seen on youtube how bunnies "fall asleep" when you flip them over. i know it's stressful for them so i'll never do that to Piffy. I also saw somewhere that this reaction is caused by some kind of nerve on their backs. How true is that?

5) How much food should I give Piffy? Does anyone have some kind of menu or food list according to her age? A guideline perhaps, for me to follow?

6) Is it okay to let her run free in the room? I stay in a student hostel, the room is pretty small and quiet. We spent yesterday (Piffy's second day home) cleaning and bunny-proofing the place as best we could.

Thanks, and do visit often for Piffy updates!

What a cute bunny!

The food you're feeding her seems to be full of "treats" which could make her gain weight. I'd recommend Purina Rabbit Chow or even Nutriphase.

And I'll definitely be stopping by for more pictures of this cutie!

Also, trancing is when you put a rabbit on their back and they calm down. Well, some of them do. Others will kick like crazy and make you rue the day.

I'm not sure about a nerve in their back. I always thought they did it cause they were scared. :?

So, if you put a rabbit on its back it calms down? There's no bad effect from doing that then?

I hope I don't have to do that. Piffy seems happy and content, and I just learned what a "binky" means, and is pleased to recall that I've seen quite a couple of those in the less than 72 hours Piffy is here.

I'm in Russia, by the way. I don't know whether I'll be able to find those brands you mentioned. For my dogs and turtles I get world-renowned food fine, but I've never really looked at bunny foods. Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to get it as soon as possible. (i think purina should be available) .

Thanks a mill. Any ideas on my Piffy's breed though?

As long as you are very gentle with them nothing bad should happen. They are very fragile though, so I'd only recommend doing it when absolutely necessary.

As for the breed, I'm not entirely sure. She looks a bit like a [font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]Netherland Dwarf though.[/font]

Aw no.......

I think mummie is a bit grossed out by me.

You see, just now, before her shower, she put me on her bed and I fell asleep on her chest - it was comfy!

After about 30minutes I woke up, stretched and yawned, and mummie was hopping mad she didn't have her camera with her to take pictures of me yawning!

Then I hopped off her chest and went off to explore her sheets.

When mummie got up, about 15 of my poopies fell off her shirt onto her pillow. Didn't mummie know I had poopied on her?
:?

Now she's saying she won't let me sleep on her chest anymore :cry1:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwh PIFFY IS SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that name!! :hearts:

Awwwwh!!!

Piffy! So cute :)

1) What is Piffy's breed? I am not an expert, but maybe Piffy is a Wooly Jersey. YOu might want to post these cute pix in the Rabbitry section for someone to try their hand.

2) Is it okay to take pictures of her using flash? It is ok but not really enjoyable. It doesnt cause mine to freak out but I only do it when I really need to get a pic of them for something specific. Most of the time, no flash is better.

3) At what age do we find out her gender? 4-6 months should be old enough. My baby bunny is only 2-3 months and the vet thinks Toby is a boy but she's not 100% sure because the "parts" are so small :)

4) I've seen on youtube how bunnies "fall asleep" when you flip them over. i know it's stressful for them so i'll never do that to Piffy. I also saw somewhere that this reaction is caused by some kind of nerve on their backs. How true is that? It depends on the bun. Trancing on their backs don't work for my bunnies. My bunnies don't like it. The bunnies you see in youtube are clearly relaxed. They are not scared if they are properly tranced.

5) How much food should I give Piffy? Does anyone have some kind of menu or food list according to her age? A guideline perhaps, for me to follow? She is so small. I think you should feed pellets with alfalfa in them. I feed my baby Oxbow but since you're in Russia, not sure if it is available. Make sure whatever the pellet is, it is high fiber and enough protein for a baby bun. Plain pellets are best. You shouldn't get the ones with little corn bits or seeds in them, it's too much fat! Also, alfalfa hay is good for the little bun. Until they get a little older, then they can switch to timothy based pellets that are a little less rich. Not sure what you hav there at the bottom of her box, is it hay?

6) Is it okay to let her run free in the room? I stay in a student hostel, the room is pretty small and quiet. We spent yesterday (Piffy's second day home) cleaning and bunny-proofing the place as best we could.

Yeah, just make sure ther are no little cracks Piffy could get stuck in, and no wires for her to hurt herself chewing on them... The box you have her in is ok if you need to confine her for a little while but she's going to jump out of it on her own without a cover because the box is not very deep and rabbits can jump surprisingly high. Can you get her a little cage so she can see out, and also keep her safe when you are out? Bunnies do the most unbelievable things if you leave them out on their own for long periods of time, especially if it's a new bunny and you don't know their personality and what they are capable of. I would let her out and supervise her but I would say to get to know her better before you let her out on her own unsupervised.

angelh wrote:
Aw no.......

I think mummie is a bit grossed out by me.

You see, just now, before her shower, she put me on her bed and I fell asleep on her chest - it was comfy!

After about 30minutes I woke up, stretched and yawned, and mummie was hopping mad she didn't have her camera with her to take pictures of me yawning!

Then I hopped off her chest and went off to explore her sheets.

When mummie got up, about 15 of my poopies fell off her shirt onto her pillow. Didn't mummie know I had poopied on her?
:?

Now she's saying she won't let me sleep on her chest anymore :cry1:

Oh, honey, it's ok dear. Your mum will still love you. She should try to give you a litter box so you can learn to go in it as soon as possible. Then you won't poopie everywhere and your mummie won't be mad. It's easy! Just ask mummie to put your food and hay there in the box and you will hang out there and do your stuff in no time. Then everyone is happy!

Day 4: She was normal in the morning, but I gave her less food than before (2 times a day until I got the good type of pellets) , clear dilute urine, falling asleep in our arms, friendly.
In the afternoon a friend came, I thought he was gentle enough buy Piffy struggled for a bit in his hands, she didn't quite like the way he held her i think.
Late afternoon, Piffy started sleeping a whole lot (in our arms). She didn't awake to noises that would normally startle her. She didn't eat a lot (she came running when food was waved in her face but left after a while, instead of the normal staying and eating for a whole hour.
Night, Piffy was almost always asleep. She didn't run around at all, didn't respond to anything, just woke now and then to stretch and then fall back asleep .
Droppings like pepper seeds. less urine. Didn't have much interest in hay. Not much interest in food either.

Day 5: (it's morning now) I woke up expecting to see little Piffy hopping beside my bed waiting for me to wake up as usual. Instead I took 5 minutes to have to find her, (i finally found her sleeping soundly under my bed - didn't she hear us calling?) I tried to tempt her with food, but she took a bite of it and turned back to her hiding place. She didn't want us to touch her. Her droppings were normal, but i found a patch of her urine that was thick and dark-colored like the first day she came home.

Please help me. I know I shouldn't let her out freely while we are sleeping (i shouldn' t give excuses but we stay very far from the city and we haven't found the time to go out to get her the necessary things) .

Thanks for all the advises. Here are some more information about her which I need some help from all.

A while ago, we put her in another box with only hay and water. She was not moving in the box. After that, she had some water, and jumped out from the box. So I held her up, putting her on my lap. But then, like 5 minutes later, I heard her doing some sound, some weird sound that I think it's coming out from her nose, her mouth was closed. Is that a problem? She keep making her head front and backward while the sound continue, just like what we did when burping. Is she burping? I think this morning she had nothing but only water. She keep shaking. I don't know should I call it as shaking or maybe the heart is pumping fast? She's now lying on the bed, with the back leg lying down still behind. She crawled without using her back leg just now. Is she in hurt?

Now that I put her on my lap, she thrown up, with some undigested food which I think is carrot on it. What wrong with her?? :cry1::cry1:

Hewwo evewybodiee! I'm back fwom the infurmary! yay, it's good to be back here.

You can wead my stowies fwom when i was sick over here in the infurmary thwead.

Mummie has been taking pikshurs of me in my new cage, she will post them up soon! Stay tuned and baibai ...

Ohh my goodness...what a gorgeous baby!

Aww i love the picture of her poking her little head into her box...how cute.

Hi Piffy! I met you in the infirmary and I gotta say you are soo cute! :)

Keep us posted with lots of pics!

:nerves1uh oh.... I don't know what i did wrong - I made mummie cwy!

She let me out of the cage and I was vewy happie, and started to hop awound, and mummie was laughing at me. I was happie that mummie was happy now that I'm not feeling sick anymore, so i did a few binkies for mummie.

Then she cwied! I don't understand. Mummie didn't cwy when i was sick, but now that i'm okay she cwies! Mummie held me in her hands and told me she loved me and I was her bestest lovest baby but she was cwying . So I did a few more binkies for mummie and she laughed again.

DSC04863.jpg

Mummie doesn't like this photo. This was taken on the day I was sick - and this was only the beginning! I was starting to get weak. I couldn't move and could only crouch on the floor. I was dirty all over because I couldn't groom. When I finally had the stwength to move, I had to dwag my legs behind me and pull myself slowly forward. It was vewy painful for me, i kept gwinding my teeth loudly and my mummies and daddies kept telling me "Piffy you're our darling baby please stop gwinding your teeth we're bwinging you to the vet she's going to make you okay baby " and i think i felt better when they kept whisperwing to me on the way to the vet and back.

rong4.jpg

This was taken on the night I started to get sick. Mummies and daddies were a bit concerned at that time - all I wanted to do was sleep all day!

rong1.jpg

Hewwo! Now I want to show you my new woom! Mummie doesn't let me run fwee anymore. She lets me out only when one of my mummies or daddies can keep both eyes on me ! They don't want me to go eating anything bad for me.

Mummie also took away the carpet. She was a little sad when she kept it away. It was a beautiful carpet.

rong5.jpg

I keep telling mummie : I wanna go out and play! Mummie looks at me and says "Sweetie why don't you west in your woom for a while, mummie will take you out after I finish this"

I think I like my box better :nerves1

rong2.jpg

This is me, eating in my woom! I pwefer this new food. Mummie says it's healthier for me - but there are no more yummy dwied fwuts and seeds! Only pellets :expressionless

Okay! Mummie is going out now, so I have to go back to my woom bai bai evewyone!

Ohh Piffy...you are just the prettiest little thing....i'm so glad you are feeling so much better now.

Binkies are just the best....so keep on binky-ing sweet Piffy

Hey all,

I realised today that baby Piffy must have been sick from the first day she got here - and that it had gradually gone worse till her 5th day. Because now that this little baby is *touchwood* back to normal, she's a whole different bunny.

Proof: Remember all those stories of her falling asleep all over the place? That one about her sleeping on my chest and then leaving poopies behind? Those adorable sleeping pictures above?

I don't think you guys are getting any more of those "sleeping on mummy" pictures anytime soon.

Piffy turns out to be a light sleeper. When she's out of her cage, you can't catch her. She's hopping, binkying around, sniffing everything in sight, staying for 2 seconds to be petted then dashing off again, struggling if you tried to hold her....

I think Piffy's a boy :p

Hewwo! Today mummie cweaned my woom for me. I was vewy excited (although i've seen it before). Mummie let me out for a wun and I was SOO happie! Then mummie lay on the floor on her tummy and i cwawled all over her!

After cweaning my woom mummie put me back and closed the door. I was angwy!:grumpy:So I bit on the metal railing of my door and shook it very loudly! Mummie was wather shocked. She kept telling me "no no Piffy you nawty babie don't do that!" But I didn't listen and kept shaking the door till mummie let me out again .
:biggrin2:

Here are some photos of me dwinking water. Mummie says I am a good babie, I dwink a lot of water. I like dwinking! Mummie always puts warm water in my bottle for me and it tastes much better than cold water:blushan:

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

And this is mummie's favowite photo! She said I'm her wittle darwing babie.

I'm worried about Piffy again. She is still acting normal, but I found a patch of yellow thick mucous liquid in her cage. I just picked her up and saw that her bottom was dirty - about 6 pieces of feces (normal sized round solid type, but a bit more moist than usual) stuck to her fur. Usually they fall off.

I am very concerned. We don't seem to be able to find probiotics here for her. Appetite normal, activity normal, drinking, feces normal. I was out, so I didn't see from where the yellow mucous patch came out.

Please advice.

Edit: I'm really afraid for Little Piffy. There seems to be more tribulations in store for her.I don't know whether she will ever make it to healthy adulthood. :cry1:

Latest posts

Back