My Maybe Baby

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
So after Ben died we've been a little sad here. Three rabbits just seemed so right... The boys still have each other, but then I got to thinking, what would happen if one of them passed away? The other would be devastated... I know it's not so clear cut, but I would like to keep them in a trio. So we've been passively on the look out for a third.

My wife has had her eyes on an ad on Craigslist for some time. It was for two English lop bucks. The ad has been up for a month or sonow. Each time she would show me, I'd just say "Well maybe" but never really jumped on it. Today she comes to me and says she's called the ad and we're meeting them this evening.

So! I guess we may have found our third... We'll see what they are like in person. I'm not overly excited, but part of me is kind of looking forward to at least meeting them... ButI still miss Ben an awful lot.

I'll let you guys know by this evening whether or not we have a new baby. :)

:hug:Was going to pm you.

Good luck tonight.

An e-lop? You're going to fall in love whether you like it or not!

I hope it goes well, but I'll tell you right now you won't be able to resist the cuteness and personality of an e-lop. Last rabbit show I bought one from a breeder I know and what a character or should I say Diva.

You will be in love within seconds if it takes that long, those ears and the personality will get ya. Just thought I would warn you ahead of time, take a cage or two you'll be bringing one or both back.:)

Oh I hope you get him :D
I hope the bonding isn't too hard, with him being another buck. x

Can't wait to see him! I know what you mean, I think 3 is the perfect number too. We have 4 and I adore all of them, but I think 3 is ideal for us since we have a small apartment. If we had more than one room for the bunnies to run around in (so more than one could be out at once), even 5 or so would be perfect!

Here he is!

IMG_0454.jpg

He is thin and his tummy is a bit bloated... He gulped down a LOT of water when we got him home. His poops weren't looking too good, but now they're looking a lot more normal. He's eating hay and pellets just fine, drinking well. I regret not grabbing his brother when we had the chance, after really getting a good look at him.

He is REALLY friendly. Like REALLY friendly. And hilariously clumsy... He hops and hops and he's just so cute. He's really sweet. He gave us both kisses earlier, and cuddled with me.

We took him to my friend's house, and her son is autistic. He really loved the rabbit... He kept touching his nose, and doing "nice" pets (which most 3 year olds still have issues with), and touching his face to the rabbit's face. That kind of worried me but the rabbit is a really good sport. It was cute to see her son interact with him.

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Awww... How can you not love this...
IMG_0457.jpg

I should add, he might be a she. It LOOKS female. But they were adament it was a boy. I'm going to check again in the morning. With all the foster rabbits I'd like to think I was getting good at sexing them. *ho hum*

Oh and it's name is What. :) Get it, the big ears, hearing? Haha!

Awwww he's sooooo cute! Lookit those ears!! How far away does his breeder live? You should go get his brother!!

Only about 40 minutes. I kicked myself hard. The little girl (she was maybe 14? and in 4H) whose they were was like "You can have one for ten or both for 15" and we said we only wanted the one. Now I wish we had gotten the other. I might call and see about the other one... If he's as friendly and funny and sweet at this guy.

If you can handle another go for it! Cute!!

He is so cute! I better not let my e-lop see these pictures or she'll make me drive her to Iowa!;)

I told you, you wouldn't be able to resist! Go get the other one, I wish I had gotten the other one the breeder offered me, go get him!

E-lops are hard to resist, with their cute little face and those big loveable ears!

OH My GOsh!!! I love the ears!!! the name is hilarious :) hahah!! More pics more pics!!!

Sooo cute!! They are just adorable when their that small! I remember when Minnie and Sippi were close to that size!!

Latest posts

Back