My homemade hutch (pic heavy)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtshamrock

Reaction score
This is my homemade hutch I designed and built. It has storage underneath, a pull out tray for easy cleaning, an is sturdy enough for a nice 29 gallon fish tank on top. let me know what you think!

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

039.jpg

041.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

042.jpg

that is really nice!!..ive been wanting to have hutches that look more like furniture in my house..and this is gorgeous!..is the wood safe if they chew it?.it looks like u mightve stained it.

It is beautiful. I'm also wondering though, is the finish safe? Was it a varnish or a wood stain? I guess from the way the wire is, it would be hard for rabbits to chew, but never know with some of those devoted chewers.

That is great...and very inspiring! We'd love to put our buns in our playroom/office, but we have a big fish tank and turtle tank in there, to put them on top of something like that would be great! Good job!!

That's beautiful.

Have you ever thought to try to litter train him so you don't need to use all that bedding. That could get costly especially if he pees anywhere in there and much less work for you too. :D

All of mine are litter trained. Most have very good litter box habbits, one is not the best, that would be my "Little" Winston.

Susan:)

PS

Your Bunny is Beautiful and I Love the sign you made for him too.

It's beautiful, and very roomy for Fufu (Who I assume is a very manly dwarf bunny, ahem!)!

I also suggest litter training. You don't want that gorgeous wood getting ruined by bunny pee.

My rabbits would demolish that thing and call it breakfast. :( It's why we can't have nice things.

Thanks again everyone!
@soooska-yes my daughter and I are in the process of litter training him, I got some great tips from this site on that too! My daughter thought he needed a sign for his "man cave" so she made it up from some scrap wood, its awesome. We have a 4-H meeting tomorrow night and we will be tapping into some the more experienced people there about litter training also. Fu Fu is quite the little man, we love him!

Latest posts

Back