My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many times have I gone to the grocery store to buy something in particular and come back with loads of stuff minus the thing I actually wanted so I can understand but it sucks lol.

Poor AJ, hope it´s a phase that passes, I bet he´s so scared, poor little love.

Ellie is a sweetie, if she likes cat food and dog food, well she´ll just go ahead and scarf it down. Houdini doesn´t seem to be eating much lately as when I go to fill up his bowl he still has food in there. Or maybe, he´s sneaking in the other twos bowls when they´re not looking and eating theirs, he´s a little terror.

Yes, pics of Ellie. I´ve posted quite a few of mine, I even got a bunny yawn out of Houdini on video....yayyyyyy.

First let me say that I have no idea where my camera is. I haven't really looked for it because I'm slack, but I hope that its in my bag that I took hiking or in my moms car.

I've had a cold the last 3 days. My MIL gave us a cold. haha. Wow, she sucks. My ears are ringing, my nose is raw, my jaw is locked from clenching my teeth. My husband doesn't feel well, but my son..my lovely son, managed to escape it. He feels fine, he's just having night terrors. Sweet jesus, when does it end?

The night before last, AJ jumped out of his crib. He was scared and crying and didn't want to go to bed. So he JUMPED out of his crib. The crib is old and has like 4 foot tall sides on it. So he had a 4 foot fall. He stuck the landing and came running out hysterically crying, saying "I did it, I did it" between gasps. "I did it" is what he says when he does something difficult or something good. So my husband and I looked at each other and we just laughed because it was so crazy! And hilarious! So now, he's getting a toddler bed. We are getting one today or tomorrow, not sure when. But I told my husband, if he's going to jump he needs to be closer to the ground because I'm not dealing with a broken arm.

Yesterday was such a long day. I took my hub to work, came home and did the dishes that I neglected the day before, because I was sick. I got some stuff straight here and then went to pick up my bridesmaid dress. Its still too big. But I'm pretty sure they can't take it in too much more. haha. Oh well. Its too big in the bust area, so I have to go get a super-duper padded strapless bra. Should be fun! haha. I think its a little big because I haven't eaten much in the last few days because I've been sick. I've just had NO appetite! So I think thats what it is. Maybe if I eat regularly this week, it will fit? LOL

I went to my friends house after I got my dress. Had a huge issue with wedding bands but I won't go into it. She's just a slob and if her house wasn't so crazy looking, she would have been able to find her **** bands. Lets just say that I took out 30 water bottles from around their bed, looking for ring boxes. There were piles of clothes everywhere. One in the corner, I asked her if it was clean or dirty, she said clean. Just sitting, unfolded, in the corner on the floor. WHAT? Makes no sense. Anyway, we found the rings, all is well. Her house is just gross. She actually told me that she "leaves dishes in the sink to see how long they'll stay there before getting washed." Because she wants her fiance to do it for her. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I had to pick my hub up from work at 7, go pay rent at 7:45 in another town, then go pick up my MIL from the airport at 9. Well at this point I had been up since 6, my hub had worked a 11 hour day and we are both sick. We were insane by the time we circled around to get her. We sat in the cell lot for like 30 minutes because we were early. Ran out of napkins to blow our noses, didn't have a drink and I was HOT! My husband wouldn't roll his window down, so there was only my window and it was so stuffy in the car. THEN he farted and refused to roll the window down. I was SO mad. We get my MIL and she's like, "oh AJ is really warm, does he have a fever?" I was like "NO, SOMEONE WOULDN'T ROLL DOWN THE MOTHER-FING WINDOW AND ITS HOT IN HERE!" Keep in mind that I couldn't hear out of the right side of my head and it came out louder than I thought. hahaha.
Needless to say, we didn't get home until like 10:30, my child didn't go to sleep until like 11:30 because I have to read him to sleep now. I sat in the floor and read 3 books, then the first 4 chapters of Charlotte's Web before he finally fell asleep. My lovely husband abandoned me as soon as we got home and went to bed. So I got in bed at midnight, totally exhausted.
Then his alarm went off at 7. He was like, is it Saturday? I was like, wait...I think so? It is. So we turned the alarms off. I got up at 8, made some coffee and I'm not ready to start my day yet, so I'll drink more coffee.

We're going to watch the final round of the USDGC, its the biggest disc golf tournament of the year. Its the US Open of disc golf. So it should be fun!

Happy Saturday everyone!

I haven't really updated because there isn't much to update about! haha.
EXCEPT, Ellie has decided that using the litter box is over rated and is going right NEXT to the box. Its like she's giving me a furry, rabbit middle finger.
She's also incredibly hormonal and being annoying. She spray the hell out of my feet and pants yesterday! I swear, she got my whole right foot, the bottom of my right pant leg, half my left foot, and like 3 feet behind me in a half circle. It was insane! I was like, you're fantastic!

So Big Boy is being weird. He's not sick or anything, but he's not sleeping with the flock at night anymore. Hes taken to sleeping on the front gate at night. I think something happened in the coop or something, so he's scared? I have no idea. BUT the only time he sleeps near the front of the house is when something happens. Because he knows mama will protect him. And I won't let anything bad happen to him. It was pretty chilly last night, I asked him if he wanted a blanket since he wasn't in the flock, but he didn't answer me. So no blanket for him. Maybe tonight if he's out there, I'll give him one of Ellie's small fleece ones. I bet I could just drape it over his back and he'd stay still for it. Or he'll freak out and peck me to death. Luckily, they're calm at night! LOL

I do have pictures, I'll upload them in a bit.
I have one especially for Kaley, I might put it on her blog or on here, or both! haha.

Tomorrow is my husbands birthday! He'll be 24, then mine is next month. We're going to see the Eagles on November 15. My dad got us tickets for our birthday! I'm EXCITED!

I still have a cold, my throat is itchy. I've been drinking tea like crazy, but it just makes me have to pee!

HAha. I'll post pictures in a bit.

Happy Wednesday!

This is Linville Falls, in NC. My mom and I went up there a few weekends ago, it was so nice!
2up92yv.jpg

e5qn8i.jpg

2ijoj14.jpg

And here are some of Ellie.
1604nbm.jpg

Look at her dewlap!
kb9jbc.jpg

And then the one for Kaley!
Here's AJ with his camel! He wasn't really asleep, he was faking it. LOL
148hcwn.jpg

As a parent, you find yourself asking questions often. "Is this safe?" "Why would he jump off the top of the couch?" "Does they ever clean the play ground equipment?" "Was the tunnel from Misty Island always there, to get to Sodor?"
That last question was what my husband asked me last night, while watching Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends. Then, as he was in the middle of asking WHY they didn't do something with the tunnel, he stopped himself and asked "why am I getting so involved with Thomas?" I just laughed, trying to hide the fact that I know ALL the characters from all the shows that we watch.
I've seen them all. I've seen the Thomas shows multiple times now, since I don't know the names to the episodes, I put the same ones on sometimes twice in a day. I'm fully invested in Handy Manny, Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
Somehow I went from watching Gossip Girl, to watching Thomas the train. And went from reading Stephen King to reading Charlotte's Web out loud, for an hour every night.

Its amazing how your interests change when you have kids. Where your loyalties used to lie, have no hold in where your loyalties lie now.

PS. I think my old cat is on her way to cat heaven. She's acting crazy and thats usually the first sign. OR shes going to live another 10 years, acting crazy.

Happy Thorsday!

Oh poor poor Morgan. It's happened. You're turning into a toddlers mommy. And it only gets worse from here, or so I've seen :) At least Barney's no longer around(he isn't is he?). Now that was pure torture, and I wasn't even the mom.

I like the pics. That's cute of AJ with his camel. And Ellie looks terribly comfortable in her corner. I love hearing the stories of her driving you insane, it makes me not feel so alone when my buns are driving me crazy :)

Sorry about old cat. Maybe it's cat dementia? :( Hopefully you don't have 10 more years of crazy(unless you want that?).

ETA: The river and falls are gorgeous! Makes me want to come for a visit.

Last edited:
No, I definitely don't want 10 more years of crazy cat, but like 5 years would be good. LOL

Ellie is super lazy. All she does is lay around. Occasionally, she gets up and binkies, but mostly she is bunloafed somewhere. Or shes flopped out somewhere. I guess because she's getting older or whatever, she's lazy. But shes pretty sweet most of the time. Her litter box habits have improved since yesterday, which is great! But she's pushing my nerves. She's just so dang cute!

The falls are really pretty, I think there was more to the falls. But there were SO many people there, it felt like we were walking with a herd of sheep. And I have a huge problem being in a herd of people. I feel like if the sh*t hits the fan and I'm in a herd, my chances of survival are slim because there are so many people around to turn me into a zombie. LOL So we didn't walk all the way up to the top or to the other look outs because I was uncomfortable in the herd.

I was also uncomfortable in a herd, last weekend at the US Disc Golf Championships. We were following the lead group, in a herd of several hundred and I wasn't happy in the herd. LOL Is that weird?

Ah just figured out what ETA was.

Yes love the hiking pictures. I'm down for visiting as long as margaritas are involved! Jen is buying!

Love the pics of little Miss Ellie, she looks so comfortable in her space, I still love that cutie face. She does do some silly things, she´s just making sure you´re taking notice of her, I could just see her putting the bunny two fingers up at you haha. AJ is so sweet, little angel face.

That place with the falls looks gorgeous apart from the crowds. I love the places like that but when there´s no one there. I was thinking today how much I like the beach at this time of year when the weather´s still great but the crowds have all gone and the beach is full of people fishing and walking and just enjoying the scenery.

So today is the big day! My friend is getting married. A year of planning and a year of complaining and a year of bull-crap, is all about to be over. I just have to make it through the rest of the day until about 9 pm, and I'm free! I'm done! I will be free of the wedding and all the horribleness.

My nails are done, my toes are done. My dress doesn't fit, I have a ridiculous expensive bra ($58), my trunk is filled with 374 graham crackers for s'mores. I wish I was kidding about the s'mores thing. LOL

I have to drink a cup of coffee and then take a shower. Then I have to go get a vehicle from my FIL and go to my friends and start my day. There isn't enough coffee and later on, beer, to make this day any more bearable.

I sound so negative because last night was a fiasco. I'll explain it later, don't have the time right now!

Gotta run!

Make sure you drink large amounts of alcohol and everything will seem better. Hope you have a bearable time, it´ll soon be over lol.

Haha. The wedding went off without a hitch! It was great! Everything was beautiful, my dress fit comfortably, the brides dress fit, we were ON TIME! The guests had a great time and everyone was really happy with the way it turned out.
And we danced our asses off! The DJ was amazing. LOL There weren't a ton of people there, then towards the end a good amount of people left, so it was mostly just the family, and the last hour of any wedding is when we shine! The DJ was playing our songs and we were getting down! LOL It was hilarious.
We all laughed so hard, I can't wait to see the video of the wedding. She had a professional videographer come and take video of all of it, from beginning us getting ready, to end, them walking to the car.
The catering director and I got down on the dance floor, as we were cleaning up. It was hilarious! They got video of that, which is great!

I'm exhausted. I got up at 6:20 yesterday morning, ran around all morning into the afternoon, then drank and danced. I came home at like midnight and my knees and shins are killing me. I woke up at like 4 am because I couldn't stand the pain anymore, I laid on the couch with some frozen corn and green beans on my knees and took some pain stuff. I was hurting because we were jumping on a concrete floor! LOL A song came on and we had to JUMP JUMP!

Anyway, my house is a wreck. I left AJ and my hub home yesterday, since AJ has a cold. So the house is a disaster. BUT my hub did a great job with AJ. He fed him and put him in bed. haha. So I was happy. But he made a mess in the kitchen. He doesn't do dishes, so I didn't expect much, but its bad to look at.
I need more coffee and for my pain stuff to kick in, then I'll be able to do whatever in the kitchen and then lay my ass on the couch and relax.

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone gets to relax and enjoy the day!

OH Kaley, since you said something about sacrificing a chicken, it made me think about the conversation my husband and I had yesterday morning.
I was trying to put stuff in the car to get ready to leave. My hub was taking me to his parents to get one of the cars. So I was putting my bag and dress and everything in the car, when Big Boy jumped over the fence. I had a granola bar in one hand and the broken broom stick in the other. He came at me and the stick and I was screaming, while my husband watched from the door way. He was like COME INSIDE! So I ran in and slammed the door. In order to get out to the car, I had to give them AJ's granola bar. LOL

So we were in the car and my hub was like, "you should give Melissa a rooster for a wedding present. Or better yet, you should make him the ring bearer!" haha. We were laughing, because could you imagine what would happen? You strap a little pillow on his back and then he starts attacking people! LOL Hilarious.

So Kaley, there was talk of chicken sacrificing.
I think he would make a fine ring bearer.

Oh my gosh I see him terrorizing people. Glad the wedding went well and you can work on moving on for the situation. I want to meet big boy! But from a distance. I think it's really cute too how your husband tolerates him and runs from him as well.

I'm glad to hear you got to enjoy the wedding after all. Last wedding I went to was hubbies friend and hubby was part of the wedding party right after we started dating. Hubby had to buy me shoes at the last minute as I was working. We spent days trying to find something for me to wear. We didn't get to sleep till 4:30am the night before as the wedding was in a different state and when we got there all hotels around were booked for college graduation so had to drive an hour and stay at a very scary run down little old place. Then I got to hang out with the male half of the wedding part, never saw so many men in different states of undress at one time. And some how I was never added to the seating. I also knew absolutely no one.

I swear you have convinced me never to have a rooster, ever, ever! I was commenting on the little chickens at the fair but hubby refuses to have little chickens.

At least your hubby and AJ survived. Sometimes that is the most you can hope for. Ha!

For the few days before the wedding, I barely even went outside with the roosters for fearing of being mauled. All I could think was that, I'm wearing a strapless dress...Big Boy goes for the face. I can't have huge wounds for pictures on my chest, neck and face. So I didn't mess with them.
Then of course the morning of the wedding, Big Boy decides to go buck on my in the drive way and scared me! Haha.

Kaley, you probably will meet him. I can't kill him and we can't get anyone out here to contend with him. Because men think they're all big and tough, until they're faced with a grumpy old rooster who weighs 15 lbs and stands at 2 feet tall, with 2 inch spurs. They all saw my hand and my almost losing my finger. They don't want any of that. Then theres Big Boy who just stands there and he's like "come at me bro, come at me!"

And I am also glad I enjoyed the wedding. We put a lot of work into it. So I ate, drank and was merry. I smoked some cigarettes, and drank too much. haha. The DJ was also pretty amazing. The song choices were my friends, but the remixes were on point and we danced so hard.

Now, to finish dinner, and then go to the grocery store. I'm going to buy some wine tonight and drink it!

I am 23 years old and it takes me a week to recover from staying out late and drinking 5 beers. I'm still exhausted from Friday and Saturday night. Well, I was up all day from 6am till after midnight on Saturday, running around with no break and hardly any food.
But when I was a teenager, I could go out drinking one night, stay up until 6am, get up at 7am and go to work at 8 and work 10 hours, and do it all over again. I feel like it was a lifetime ago! LOL

Even my husband said it takes me a week to recover. And hes not wrong.

So speaking about my husband, lately we've noticed how alike and in sync with each other we are. We make the same sounds, say the same things. We can say the same sentences at the same time, then yell "get out of my brain" at the same time. Its insane! If we were into jinxing each other, neither of us would talk. Then we yawn the same way, we do all sorts of things the same way. I told him last night in the car after we yawned the same way and then looked at each other, I was like "I'm not sure if we should be together forever or break up." He was like, "I don't know which would be more painful!" Then we laughed, because it was hilarious! I guess in the last few weeks, we've just realized how similar we are. Its crazy. But it also works for us, because last night my stupid dog was trying to chew on AJ's camel! He didn't get it or anything because my husband stopped him, but he still tried. Like the one thing that I can not replace he wanted to rip apart. That stupid dog, he's destroyed so many of AJ's stuffies and he always goes for the ones that are monogrammed or meaningful.
Anyway, my hub saw how mad I was, then I went into a frenzy trying to pick up all the toys that AJ had brought out of his room into the living room. So I was pissed at all the toys, AJ wasn't helping me put them up and my hub wasn't helping me put them up either. Then he looked at me, and was like "the dog and the camel really set you off didn't it?" Then everything was fine because he knew I wasn't mad at him or at AJ I was just pissed at all the toys in the floor and the dog.

Last thing, about my MIL. The night of the wedding, I had my phone stuck in my bra and I was checking it periodically to keep up with the time. So I was reading my texts but not really saying anything, I see a text from my MIL...wishing me a happy birthday! haha. I started laughing because it was a month early! Then she sent me another text like an hour later that said "I'm a month early on your birthday, I can't believe it. I need a drink!" It was so funny, I told my husband and then we talked about it with my FIL, he was like "wow, you look a month older today!" haha. It was hilarious. She's so spacey sometimes, but she works way too much and has to talk to the FAA with everyday work so I would be spacey too! LOL

I got a great picture of Ellie last night, I'll have to upload it. I'm also going to try to take more. I have so much stuff to get done today, because yesterday, I laid on the couch and napped all day long. Seriously, I did nothing. Until like 4:30, I put dinner on and did the dishes. But my hub wasn't mad because the kitchen was cleaned and dinner was cooking. Apparently the way to a mans heart is dinner in the oven and an empty sink. LOL

Happy Tuesday!

Shoot, you probably could have got by with just the dinner. Ha! Do men notice a sink full of dishes?

You so need to have your hubby start filming every time you go outside just in case a rooster attacks you. As long as you were not hurt I'm sure we would all like to see that. Plus you never know, you could send it to America's Funniest Videos and win a bunch of $$$

Back