My gosh!!! Maternity ward???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Folks, what an idiot I am. This morning I am a SHOCKED idiot. :shock:

Last night I saw that Tank was thin on her flanks.... and thought it was weird she had a potbelly. But I naively thought--worms, prior pregnancy marks, water, etc.

In the light of day--my gut feeling is that she's pregnant and will deliver within the week. Her nipples are a bit swollen now (I checked last night and nothing, but I can feel them today).

I saw her pregnant twice before. She looks like that, only thinner. Her belly is hard and bulgy, and the area around the nipple is squishy and a little puffed. No heat or anything. She is one of those rabbits that SHOWS when she's preggers.

Oh my WORD, I hope I'm wrong!!! Logistics are going to be interesting! I'm trying to get a hold of the breeder and find out WHEN she was with a buck. I hope she tells me more than two months ago. :p

Also, she's doing that shuffly feet thing and laying down all the time--just like before her last litter.

Gypsy, what a mess!!!:p

Rose

Just when I thought the story of Tank couldn't get any more exciting, something else wonderful happens!

Little Bubbers!  :yes:

-Carolyn

More baby Pals!

More baby Pals!

:D

Oh, poor Tank! I feel so bad for that girl. She is having a tough time right now. I do have to say that I'm so happy she is with Rose for this. I did read that the conditions were seriously improved, but still...

So, if she does have babies, and they do ok... any chance of sending one of those babies my way when Tank comes to Gypsy???   

Jen

:shock2: Oh MY GOOD Gracefull Lady!!!!! Babies Oh boy!

Cirrus I see no good reason why you couldnt have one of the Babies, Unless You have someone who says No, Yes  dear If you want to give one of these little kids a  home I agree You are a wonderfull candidate!.

Thanks so much Gypsy! I'm still feeling so badly for poor Tank though. No one here will be saying "No". They have learned that I don't listen to them when they do anyway.  LMBO

Jen

:laugh: Good its about time some people learn lol. I do  feel bad for Tank BUT it actually couldnt happen at a better time, If she kindles within a week the babies  can travel, they will be close to 4 weeks by then, It will mean rethinking the crate she travels in, but all should be well.

That's so very true. Hopefully if there are babies, they come very soon. She would need a huge crate... but that's not too bad. It could have been a real mess if she kindled just before she was supposed to come.

Jen

!! ...I would certainly take in one of those babies! ...im looking for one as of now, so why not one of Tanks.... and he/she would be in close proximity of you Gypsy if needed for breeding purposes!

well....

since you're list is filling up with wannabe bunny mums.....

LMBO! I would LOVE to have one of those GORGEOUS babies, but I live WAY too far!

I can't wait to hear more eof TANKS STORY as it unravels!

:monkey::monkey::monkey::mrsthumper:

FreddysMom wrote:
!! ...I would certainly take in one of those babies! ...im looking for one as of now, so why not one of Tanks ....and he/she would be in close proximity of you Gypsy if needed for breeding purposes!

Sounds wonderfull Freddys Mom., just rememeber the  baby  will grow and grow lol not as big as a Flemish but big none the less. If she has Babies we Know 2 Will have awsome homes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt be happier to  tell the truth.

I so would love to be selfish but I cant be. I dont have it in me I guess, Im just wondering IF Rose will keep one  also! :ponder: can she resist? hmmmmmm We Shall See!!!!! LOL.

What would be worse than Kindling just before her trip  would  be kindling enroute! that would be too much  trauma for her !!!!

gypsy wrote:
FreddysMom wrote:
!! ...I would certainly take in one of those babies! ...im looking for one as of now, so why not one of Tanks ....and he/she would be in close proximity of you Gypsy if needed for breeding purposes!

Sounds wonderfull Freddys Mom., just rememeber the baby  willgrow and grow lol not as big as a Flemish  but  big  none the less. If she has Babies we Know 2 Will have  awsome homes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldnt be happier to tell the truth.

I so would love to be selfish but I cant be. I dont have it in me I guess, Im just wondering IF Rose will keep one  also! :ponder: can she resist? hmmmmmm We Shall See!!!!! LOL.

What would be worse than Kindling just before her trip  would be kindling enroute! that would be too much trauma  for her!!!!
hehe... im gonna have to suck it up and dismiss my big bunny fear!! ..i think i will be just fine :) ...by what Rose has described and although i dont know when her travel will actually begin, it sounds like she almost or at the middle of her pregnancy, and the show isnt until sept. 18th ...i think it will turn out alright :)

Oh... I wish I was somewhere on the route so I could maybe get a Pal.

WHAT AM I SAYING? Someone smack me hard!

They do look so cute though - I'm trying to imagine what Tiny would be like with batteries.... since he rarely has energy to do stuff..... I bet that would be so much fun.

I will not be envious.... I will not be envious.... I will not be envious!

I WANT!!!!

Peg

Folks, I talked to the breeder today. Our chances of babies have jumped to 90%. She's been with a buck about a month ago. Birth seems imminent. :shock: I wish she had more space in that cage. I need to get more hay. She could deliver anytime this week, probably sooner than later. Will keep everyone posted!!!

Freddysmom, Jen, I am DELIGHTED that you'd want babies. We'll see what happens... no guarantees of them being ok. :? I'm still trying to tell myself she MIGHT not be.... but mom agrees, she looks pregnant. If it was just me, I'd think I was imagining things.....

Elfmommy, doesn't she look like Elf???

Gypsy, I would give a LOT to be able to keep one, but chances are zilch.:( Not that I won't try!!!

anyway, I will just have to watch them grow up with you all! :D

Rose

TinysMom wrote:

WHAT AM I SAYING? Someone smack me hard!

They do look so cute though - I'm trying to imagine what Tiny would be like with batteries.... since he rarely has energy to do stuff..... I bet that would be so much fun.

I WANT!!!!

Peg

You need one. :p

*ducks and runs*

rabbitgirl wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

WHAT AM I SAYING? Someone smack me hard!

I WANT!!!!

Peg

You need one. :p

*ducks and runs*
:rofl:

Latest posts

Back