My Girls!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Yeah, it's going really well. I'm just kinda at a standstill at the moment. After the fight in my bedroom, I'm kinda scared to try anything new yet... I'm going to wait until they're like TOTALLY IN LOVE on neutral territory before I move forward.

My mom got rid of our dog. :(

This is one thing that my mom and I will never stop fighting over; as opposed to seeing pets as valuable companions and members of the family (as they should be,) she treats them like toys from a happy meal to be thrown out when they stop being entertaining. We had a sweet Pomeranian, absolutely adorable and such a cuddle-bug, and she got rid of him because he barked too much.

Really?

I can't wait until I can move out. I told her if she EVER gets another pet, I won't come home to visit after I move out. She still has our dog Sophie, but I think I'm going to have to take her when I move out so I don't come home someday to see she's gone. Oh yeah, my mom didn't tell me she was getting rid of Tipper. She just said "I'm thinking about getting rid of Tipper" and I didn't take her seriously because she says stuff like that all the time, even about my sister and I. Then, a couple days later, without warning, I just come home and BAM, no Tipper greeting me at the door. It's just like my childhood guinea pig Bogey all over again. She makes me sick. Sick sick sick. Pets are not a thing to be tossed out like yesterday's paper.

17408_171756_360000000.jpg

That is HORIBLE!!!! I am SOOOOOO sorry to hear that. My parents would never do that even to an animal they did not like. (Like my dog Cookie).

Oh noooo :( yeah not cool. I'm so sorry she did that.

Silver lining? You realize her fault in that and you will not repeat.....

Do you know where your dog ended up??

Since in this case you eventually want her to "replace" the elephant with Teddy, I'd say its probably good :)

How are things going with bonding, by the way?

Pretty good. Honestly, I accidentally left them in the bathroom together for 2 hours today, my depression has gotten REALLY severe the last few days, so I put them in there clean the cage and laid down and stared at it for two hours. In my defense I thought it was just a couple minutes.:expressionless

Sorry to hear your depression is bad lately. Is it because of your mom getting rid of your dog? :(

Maybe the 2 hour thing was blessing in disguise! I'm guessing your found no clumps of fur or blood when you came back in, lol, so maybe it was a good thing.

Also, maybe the fact that Maya is unbonding with the elephant means she is getting even more comfortable too :)

Keep up the good work!

And I hope your depression becomes more manageable. Can you see a doctor? Hang in there. Hugs.

Ahh... It's been a while since I was on. What to say... I got a 29 on my ACT, Teddy and Maya are fine, and I FINALLY get to quit my job that I hate because I got hired as a hostess at Texas Roadhouse (they're just building one, it officially opens December 17.) I've been crazy busy with school. Still feeling pretty down but I'm hoping the new job will help.

We have a Texas Roadhouse where we live too and we love it :) I've heard the waitresses make good tips. We've eaten at top of the line restaurants and my hubby always says that TR's "cheap" steaks are usually better than the ritzy restaurants. They do something right there that's for sure.
Glad to hear Teddy and Maya are doing good!!

Yeah, I'm not going to be waitressing at first because I'm not 18 yet and they serve alcohol. I'll be a hostess. But we split tips, so the more people that come in/less people working, the more I'll get paid, which is GLORIOUS.

Congrats on the job! and hopefully on bonding Teddy and Maya! Sorry to hear about your dog, but in all fairness maybe the new owner will give him more attention?

Thats true Ashtin, while he may be getting more attention, you should have been able to say goodbye :(

CONGRATS on the job. I do not have a job and have not had one since last christmas and that was my first job and I am almost 20. I wish that I could get a job but it is not a priority because I am taking 16 college hrs of school each semester and have all the animals and an apartment to take care of. We LOVE going to TR they have the best roles ever. It is a little expensive though. Also congrats on the ACT score. When I took the SAT I failed it (even though it is not possible I still failed it).

littl3red wrote:
I'm officially a Wildcat! Got my KSU acceptance letter today. :D

Absolutely fantastic Ashtin! Definetly something to be proud of. Congrats a million times over :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back