My four...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kala_Bunga

Reaction score
So as some of you probably know a couple of days ago my neighbors gave there 4 bunns.

Baisically they are 3 does and 1 buck,they are alll unalltered but thatwill change later today (my bucks getting neutered).Also my evilneighbors kept them all together and now all 3 of my does are pregnant,they have all had multiple litters but my evil neighbors kept ontakeing away the poor little bunnlettes at like 3 days old!!! Argggggits sooooo frusterateing-he also kept them on a horrible diet,allpellets(yes the kind with all the dyed collored bits that looks likebad quality parrot food).They never got any hay but they had hay fromthe pet store that they bought them at so adjusting them to hay hasgone fairly well.

Once I have them completly on hay and completly on good pellets i'lltry for veggies allthough they are like 3 yrs old and have never had aveggie in there life!Poor bunns...I am also giving them a salt/minerallick bacause of no veggies as of yet.

Oh and so ppl if they didnt read my intro might not understand how Igot them in the 1st place so i'll explain that hear again. Baisicalltthey said that if I want the bunnlettes that I can have them-so Idescided that I would take 2-3 doe bunnlettes. But they had them undersuch poor care no bunnlette has been allowed to stay with its momma formore then 2 weeks. I kept nagging them to get them altered or to givethem to me. And one rainny day I came over for my dailly visit and theywere all in seperate carriers with a note saying that I could keepthem.

Oh and 1 more thing 2 of the does are pregnant 1 of them is pregnantand has 4 day old bunnlettes! So the 1st thing I do is bring them tothe vet. I leave them there for a few hours and go to the petstore and get some accesories. But I already have there cages(whichwill be most likely temporary)-all the does are housed in an exercisepen and my buck is also in an exercise pen. When I came to go pick upmy bunns the vet was especially worried about the 1 doe who waspregnant and had 4 day old bunnlette. SO she stayed thereover night. I am probably allowed to take her home today but i'm notsure,I will see when I take my buck in to get neutered.

So today the rest of them are good and they are actually quitefriendly, haha one of them has personality like my old bunny Pax-assoon as I clean the cage the shavings get kicked in to a neat pile onthe floor lolz.Right now we are working on litter training so that Ican let them loose in my house!:colors:

I am so excited :bunnydance:!I need to think of some names and I needsome tips on how to hand feed the bunnlettes....yikes!I'm going to have4 litters b4 I can spay the does....thats alot of bunns...

Wow! Good for you for takingthem. It's good to hear all your doing for all ofthem. That's very commendable, you should be proud ofyourself!

(Oh, could you kindly make paragraphs in your posts? Mucheasier to read. It's so hard on the eyes trying to keep inline w/ the sentences with no breaks.:D)

so I have some updates...:

my buck is doing well, he is now neutered yay!He just got home and Ithink he is in alittle bit of shock though,he looks kinda stressed....

Doe #1 is doing wonderfull,she is using her litter box and got let outto play today!She is eating her hay and is agnoring her old pellets andloves her new healthy ones....

Doe #2 is doing good aswell.she has lots of personality and "spunk"

Doe #3 is still at the vets and we are still hopeing that she will beokay, at this point there is no way of telling what will happen at thispoint....

ok so today I did something that I really regret,allthough I am alsoextremly happy that I did do it....today I went to a rabbit rescue andthere was a litter of baby flemmies....lets just say I melted andbrought home a beautifull black with a white nose doe...she is veryfriendly and i'm some what happy with my descision but I really dontneed any more bunns...oh well who can resist flemmies at arescue?:colors:

I think I can officially say your a sucker for the bunnies ;)hehehe
That is so good of your to take those bunnies in, sounds like they havefinally found their forever home with someone who is actually going togive them they care they deserve!

I am soo a sucker for bunnies...I dont think Ican go into that rescue again unless I can take one home or convince mybf to not let me bring my wallet....
But we do have room and $ for more but time I dont know.I have only hadthese 4 for 3 days and now its already 5!....I really want a hollandlop too......my old bunny Pax was a holland lop...haha i'm going to gobunny crazy...according to my bf my limit is 12!when I said that I waslike really!But I'm going to wait a few more monthed before I get anymore....oh and I really want a lion head too....lolz ok i'm asucker....:bunnydance:'s rule the world!

Glad that your buck is alright and is recovering from his neuter.

Any updates from the vet about Doe #3? Are her babies with her? How are they doing?

Are you just fostering the Flemish or have you adopted her? Although Iknowit is tempting and I bet the Flemishgirl is asweet heart, I really don't know if keepingher is the bestoption.In less than a month you could have over 20 bunnies(Assuming that each doe has a smalllitter of 3-4, and couldpossible have more) you will have your hands very full! You will alsoneed a few extra cages once the bunnies are weaned from their mommas.

I would wait until the babies have found homes, the 4 does spayedbefore thinking of getting more bunnies. I know it's hard and rabbitsare so addicting, but I don't want you to get overloaded.:hug2:

ahahaha the limits 12?!?!!? I wish my limit forpets was that high.... I'm the same i'm a sucker for sadeyes. I only have Bangbang atm I've been told no more petsfor now and considering we shall be getting a puppy soon I'll have toabide to that for now..;)

Okay I just got some very bad news...Doe #3 haspassed away,we did everything that we could for her but her years ofneglect got the best of her,Her litter might survive and is at the vetsgetting hand fed...I really don't know at this point what will happento them....I just found this out like 2 mins ago and i'm sitting herebawling as I write this....

yes I did adopt the Flemmy,they were 9 weeks old and were going to getput to sleep that night if no1 took any of them...I couldntresist,which is bad...i'm not going into another rescue untill I canactually bring another one home....

My limit for bunns is 12-that doesnt includedogs,cats, horses or parrots :elephant:these are my bf's rules not mylandlord lolz,her rule is as long as there in no damage to the houseits all good....

the vet just called and said she passedaway.Aparently she was so mal nourished that her little body couldnttake being pregnant and having a litter of buns all at once...she had ashort life and I will miss her dearly and treasure she short 3 daysthat we spent together....

ok i'm going to bet as it is 1:34 am mytime.....the buns are all tucked in there cages and will be fallingasleep soon...I think its time I relaxed alittle and let this sit for alittle while-there has been lots of drama the past 3 days....I'mthinking of names for my Flemmie,she is a girl,9 weeks and black with awhite spot on het nosesome Ideas for names are :
1)Snuffles
2)Niquita
2)tiarra
3)Allara
3)Sierra...any other ideas?

Some ideas for my buck is :
1)Seamus
2)Oliver-any other ideas?

I dont have any names for my does yet because my vet told me not to getto atached to them cause she's not convinced that they will all beokay-3 yrs of neglect is takeing its toll on my babies......

Well my vet is sorta retired, he is'nt takingnew clients in.He just does the rabbits that he new when he had his ownbuissness....well actually I should say famlies because I don't have myPaxy any more and he still is my vet....His name is Richard and I dontknow his last name though sorry....

so here is a pic of doe #1, she is adjusting very well, I have now named her Brandy :)

I dont have any pics of Doe#2 *sigh* still thinking of names......
or Niquita (my Flemmy...)or My buck (Oliver)...so I only have 1 namlessrabbit, maybe once I get pics you guys can help with the name game?

they are all doing really well, adjusting is fine,dont like the ickypellets and are all on an all organic brand of pellets and hay.I havestarted giving Brandy alittle bit of parsley here and there because sheseems to be doing the best with the whole transition and all....

My excuse for only having 2 pics is because I only had 2 pics left on my camera..but I will take some more soon!

Back