My Four Beautiful Girls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosie,

It is not surprising that you are having such a hard time - nor is it surprising that the rest of your family is struggling too.

You have lost several beloved rabbits - not just these four - in a very short period of time. In addition....you've had a change of living quarters, etc. - and that adds stress to life. You've gone from having the home you enjoyed with the 8 bunnies - to living in one room with the four bunnies and cats.

Of course you're going to cry. Of course your family is going to grieve.

You know of the number of losses I've had - and the depth of many of them. Please understand where I'm coming from when I say - you need to let those tears come and you need the time to be able to cry and grieve.

Its been over a year since we've lost Tiny and I still cry for him - sometimes - not all the time. I can now look at old pictures of him and smile at times too.

But I had days and months of crying spells - even the other day I fell apart in Walmart and started crying for him - and I had no idea what set me off. I just started to miss him very badly.

So please don't beat yourself up about not being "strong enough". Sometimes - we have to make it through those weak times - to become strong enough to go on.

You & your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much, Peg.

Our poor babies...I cry in their fur so often, lol. I know they understand...but at the same time, I hate thinking I might be making them sad, and reminding them of their own loss. I'm sure they feel it, too.

I'm happy to say that they're doing so much better. Maisie has calmed down quite a bit, and isn't growling and lunging so much anymore. It lessens each day, thankfully. I haven't found any sort of abscesses with them from the whole experience, which I am continually thankful for.

Danny and I were talking about it last night, and I mentioned that it's been about three weeks now, and we haven't lost anyone else...and we felt hope for the first time in a while. I'm hoping that we're done with loss for a while. I hate living day by day wondering if we're going to lose anyone today.

I know things will improve, and I know that eventually I won't cry at the drop of a hat. But right now, things are so difficult.

One thing that's helping us so much, we're making sure to do plenty of fun things (cheap, if not free, things) to keep our spirits up and give us as much of a positive spirit as possible right now. For instance, Danny and I went to be audience members on the Bonnie Hunt show last Tuesday (for the show that aired last Thursday). It was really fun! I'm hoping I can figure out a way to visit the Ellen show sometime, too. I really love those two shows, and given that we live right by where they're taped, why not? We're also taking time to visit our favorite parks, and go to as many beautiful places as possible. We're going to drive over to visit my dad next weekend, so that'll be wonderful. I guess the key to making it through something like this is to seek out those positive, wonderful things that can bring a smile. :)

Hugs, and positive vibes to everyone,

Rosie*

maherwoman wrote:
Pet_Bunny wrote:
:cry1:

Oh Rosie, that is terriblewhathappened to the bunnies.I feel so bad for Em. Lets hope the dogs don't come back.

Stan
At this point, it doesn't matter if they do return...the bunnies will be safe in our motel room with us. So, no chance of losing anymore to that particular situation. Just please pray that we don't lose them due to heart attack.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers, guys. It'll help get us through this.

So sorry you lost your girl bunnies. That is very tradegic. You have the other bunnies with you in the motel, they should be okay and not pass away from a heart attack. Just give them lots of love and comfort!

Again so sorry for your loss.

Rosie - you're in my thoughts and prayers - our family has recently been through some very tough times, and I know how that is.

Keep your chin up, doll...things will get better.

/hugs
Anne
p.s. our lovely doe Holland Lop is named 'Rosie ie. Rosy'
both my daughters seemed compelled to name every female bunny Rosy, hehe.

Latest posts

Back