My first female...............I need help!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cottontails

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Aislinn and this is little Abeona(ok she is not that little:whistling)We got her off our local rescueshelter but although I told my sister not to let me come home with agirl, we came home with our new little baby

Aparently all the boys who were in with her were neutered, butobviously not as she seems quite large and has a very firm belly. Nowalthough I am (not boasting) almost an expert on g.pigs I am cluelessabout rabbits and need help.....................pleez:bow:bow

1) As I don't know when she conceived , when should I put in the nest box:dunno

2) How do I know for defo. if she is preggers, and if so how can I tell how far she is?:bow

This is little Abeona and the inside of her cage

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h76/Bainne/?action=view&current=HPIM0256.jpg

This is the outer part which she has a little ramp out to, she can also jump up on the top for extra room.

4) should I restrict her acces to the top if she is carrying babies asthe jump could harm her :huh(It is above the proper cage part)

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h76/Bainne/?action=view&current=HPIM0260.jpg

5)Or should I re-arrange the whole cage so that it is all on one level with c+c cubes.

Ps. She is almost litter-trained, quite nervous, but a bit cageaggresive:nono. I will get her spayed when her litter isweaned:brownbunny

Thanks everyone, I really need help as I am a bit confused

Aislinn:)clover:.................I am from Ireland)

Oh yeah.....and anyone whos read any of my otherposts from before. My baby Coinín died:bigtears:and is nowburied in my garden:rip:. I only had him for six months but he meanteverything to me (was my mornings-cleaning his litterbox, sayinggoodmorning to him, evening-cuddles and runs and binkies, and nights-goodnight and suppertime.

He died because he had a respiratory infection which the vets gave himanti-biotics for which caused him to have fits about 40mins later, hedied a violant death which I will never completly forgive myselffor:sigh

A rabbit's gestation is 28-35 days with mostbeing 31 days. I would put a nestbox in now. Canyou feel any babies kicking? The only way to tell for surewould be to take her to the vet to have them palpate her or takex-rays. You can palpate her yourself too.

If you palpate her and can feel little "marbles" and they kick you, she is due within the next 7 days.

As far as the cage goes, I would limit her from jumping up. Good Luck,

Sharon

Sorry to hear about Coinin. Don't beat yourself up over it. You did the best you could.

Latest posts

Back