My First American Litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clevername

Reaction score
Today Adda kindled out first litter of American Blues and we now have 10 beautiful babies (all blue!!!).

She's a good mom and didn't mind it one bit when I stumbled in on her delivery. She even let me take some pictures as she cleaned and nursed them for the first time.

3519651409_abb3fb6b9d_o.jpg

3520465526_6f8203f821_o.jpg

3519651223_50cbb98b02_o.jpg

3520465750_f8ec316223_o.jpg

/3317/3519651223_50cbb98b02_o.jpg

SOOOSKA wrote:

Adorable. Wow the Mother is Beautiful.

How big do they get full grown?

Susan:)
Thank you:)

They are a large breed. Males should make a minimum of 9 lbs, does a minimum of 10.

Mama touches minimum weight on a good day after a full meal, dad is a few ounces short. The breed has growing problem with making weight nowadays--so I'll be keeping close track of their progress.

That's is just a gorgeous doe.
Congratz on your litter - hope they're all doing well!

naturestee wrote:
Congrats! Is this her first litter? She seems like such a good mama!
Yes, this is her first. She's great. All 10 babies look really plump and healthy.

I'm considering even fostering a few more over to her since one of my satin angora is struggling with her litter of 7...will see how things progress...

Anyway, I've posted some more pictures and data of their growth on my blog. Their eyes are opening already.:D

Isn't it great when things go smoothly and the Mama bunny is calm with you around? I think that's terrific.

Latest posts

Back