My dream rabbitry :0)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omw that is so cool!! So you set linoleum down for the floor for the rabbit? How much did this whole thing cost? I wanna do something like this!! :)

Yeah star and stone the lino keeps teh wood under it if the buns are messy with their wee. (will admit sometimes they nibble it usually when they are pregnant :?so we take it out till the babies are out of the nest!)

i think altogether the new shed and everything we did to it cost around £900 which is just less than double in dollars so maybe $1700. Pretty good considering how much hutches by themselves can be over here!! The other shed cost about the same maybe a little cheaper :)

Glad you like it :D

im not trying to be rude, but the cages seem a little small for rabbits...

I love the chalkboard idea!
I love the different colours it really brightens the place up
Your buns are so cute!!
The green eye monster is takin over me right now !!

thanks Babay bunnies :D

jo292- no worries you are entitled to your opinion and having conti's is slightly different from the netherland dwarfs that i breed!! They are this size for a few reasons

1. you don't want to run a nethies shoulders off because they are short stocky buns. so a big hutch will not help a nethie. in fact i was told my last hutches which are the same dimensions the other way round are to big for them!

2 my hutches are actually bigger than the cages most breeding nethies are kept in! my buns can all lie flat out on their side with no problem they can do more than 3 hops around the hutch and they can stand full height which covers "pet" requirements never mind that breeding rabbits are ususally in much smaller hutches and can't do any of that!! they also get access to runs and come out in my living room for run time. not many breeders do that!!

3. the mothers are notoriously bad and if you kept them in a huge hutch the chances of a litter surviving are very slim. also teh litter sizes are very small usually 2 or 3.

I hope that clears it up for you. Please remember any sizes you see through the RWA relate to pets and are generalised for all size rabbits at this moment there are many discussions over breeding rabbits as they are different from "pets" and regarding the sizes of cages nothing has been put forward yet:)

Wow that looks amazing!!!! Their little names on their doors are so cute. Good for u- all that time and effort really has paid off well!!!!

OMIGOD that is awesome!!! If you make the trip to Texas to do rabbitries down here you must make the trip to New York as well as I have much needed work to be done here and my hubby is not good with tools!!! :)

Congratulations on your beautiful rabbitry - when I die, can I come back as one of your Nethies?;)

Denise

LOL you guys bruce could have a round the world job making rabbitries for everyone :p

Misty Jr it all depends on the size of rabbits you have. The nethies take a small cage roughly 2x2ft the Beverens have got 5 or 6ft hutches my dutch has a corner hutch so he has more space to run around and stretch out but I am not sure what size it is lol

Thankyou for all your nice comments our sheds are our pride and joy :) tho we have added a 3rd shed now because of the beverens and poles I think the pics of that one are in the cages and construction forum somewhere :)

Latest posts

Back