My dream rabbitry :0)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
So i have a rabbitry but i was running out of room so i saved all my money up to buy a new shed (mortgage comes second to my buns!!) And we decided to make a few modifications to really set it apart from the last one and make it as useful as possible.

I am really proud of Bruce's hard work and the ideas we have had and thought i would bore you all with them :pand the progress of the shed from putting it up to finishing the inside.

we have decided to make the old shed ( has 15 hutches) the bucks shed but we are going to do a couple of modifications to it once the girlies are in their new shed. (you can see my old shed in my old blog)

So here is my new shed ( we will stain it green too) and you can see the old one too. We have made them facing each other and Bruce is going to cover inbetwen them so it can be used for storage

DSC01396.jpg

This is the framing going up for the inside.

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

so those pics were taken last monday (17/2/08)

these ones were taken on tuesday 18th (i was helping today but i am not great at DIY but i did put some studs up and stuff)

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

thhis last one shows Bruce getting the doors ready. This shed can have 18 hutches 3 rows of 6 but the middle row can be turned into nursery pens so they can be double sized

DSC01408.jpg

Sorry guys i have no idea why photobucket didn't turn them round i did rotate them!!

here are wednesdays pics. (Bruce has had a week off work!)

outside looking in (what lovely scottish weather lol)

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

awesome! you're very lucky! i can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all done!

do you have any babies right now? if so and you happen to have any pics, we( my sister and i. she's sick, and board:p.)would love to see them. if you could PM me to let me know where you post them that would be great.

Anna

thanks guys :D

Here are thursdays and fridays pics. Bruce got all the hutches finished but he will probably put strips across them before the girlies get in to stop the beddign falling out!!

These ones are before he blocked the top up (just in case any decide they are escape artists!)

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01419.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

Here is the wood across the top I might find a way to put my stud name up there as in paint it on the middle 2.

DSC01427.jpg

oh my gosh! that's exactly what I want! Lol. That's SO cool and you're SO lucky to have a new shed with lots of cages!

I can't wait to see it when the bunnies are in it! How big is the shed?

Emily

Hi Emily thanks :)It is 10ft x 8ft as is my other one. So now i have 20ft of bunny hutches :biggrin2:

Here are some pics from today (he is still out working on it just now!)

This is the other side of the shed as the hutches only go up one side. This side has a sink for filling their bottles and giving butt baths if needed!! It will also have a fridge for their veggies and a draw for all my collective bunny stuff :D

DSC01430.jpg

And this is our 3 in one. Bruce has designed this for multi purpose uses!!

No1. a full length worktop

DSC01431.jpg

No2. A seat for us (well one ata time lol)

DSC01433.jpg

No3. a bunker for baby bunnies when cleaning them out as they are notoriously kamikaze and like to jump off the edge!! (Bruce is showing how the wood slides in and out :))

DSC01434.jpg

Wow what a great job.Love the cages.:D

What are the measurments of each cage?

I mean how high,wide(fromfront to back)and long.From side to side)

Can`t wait for more pictures.

Love seeing other peoples rabbitry setups.:D

Hey Love4 bunnies here are the dimensions (bruce converted them to ft and " so i will put both up so the Uk people get the metric (now to hope he got them right lol)

Ft" Metric

Width 1ft8" 510

Depth1ft11" 600

height 1ft7"500

The other shed is pretty much the same but the hutches are on 2 walls and there are big corner hutches and bigger hutches at one end.

We mainly breed nethies and i get a row from a lot of the breeders for my hutches being to big but i couldn't make them any smaller and feel happy about it!!

If you click the blue link under my avatar (where it says nethies by name mischief by nature)it will take you to my old blog and you can see pics of the inside of my older shed :)

Your setup looks really good - really good. What do you use in the bottoms of cages? Do you put rubber mats down or something? You don't use trays by the looks of it... *getting ideas* :)

Trailsend we usually put linoleum down on the bottoms of the cages for easy cleaning. But they will have corner litter trays not sure if you can see them in my old shed some have cat litter trays but most have the corner ones:)

I am so, so jealous! I want my dream rabbitry now. :p

I love it, it looks really good. It looks very professional, well done Bruce!

Now you've got enough space for one of my blue babies! :biggrin2:

Ok thanks Polly! Haha, in my dream rabbitry-blueprints, I had designed a workshop area with a sink and a removable grooming table, hehe. Your design really is great! I love the baby bunny bunker idea, so cool! That's really a great thing, because then they will be safe.

More pictures!! lol.

MsBinky wrote:
So...

Does Bruce like contracts? :tongue

hmmmm now theres one to ask him Sophie!! do you know i am sure he would probably love to do this. Mind you he gets so hooked on his project he hasn't been in once before 11pm all week and last night i had to drag him to bed to get some sleep at 12.30 and he was back up at 7 this morning but decided it was to early to start banging lol.

I am going on errands now i have a big list for B&Q !!

Latest posts

Back