My dream rabbitry :0)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coooool

So... Do you guys wanna take a trip to Greece? :tongueSeriously,it's wonderful that you have a man so considerate who goes out of his way thinking about the widdle baby bunnies and how to make sure they can't fall and all... Lol I love men who care about bunnies!

Well i have to hold my hands up to that one Sophie i think a couple of people only know about what happened to Sun so i will explain it to all of you.

When Sunbunny was about 3 weeks old i was cleaning out their hutches and i told her to be careful of teh edge of the bench. as I turned round she was falling off but because i have pretty severe tendonitis and repetitive strain in my wrists and hands from my job I couldn't catch her.

The chinchilla nethies have much finer bone structure than a lot of the other colours and she landed bad and broke her back leg. I then spent the rest of teh day in tears thinking the shock would kill her (it was a sunday) we took her to the vets the next day to haveit checked and they confirmed the break and told us it would be a suck it and see as to whether it would heal right or not. Luckily it has and Sunbunny is probably the binkiest bunny i have. But hey a baby box is a much safer way of keeping them safe. especially as nethies are notorious ribena berries!!!!

today's installment.( Sunday ) We now have light :)always a bonus!!

This is one of my shoe racks from my fitted wardrobes we had one spare! Below it will be an extra hutch with a run to outside

DSC01446.jpg

This is my other draw at the other side and teh fridge goes under it

DSC01447.jpg

this is Bruce lol You can see the floor is all done and he seals it round with skirting board so no water can get under the hutches

DSC01448.jpg

Here is my sink we have lino'd around it too so teh wood doesn't get yucky

DSC01449.jpg

here is the fridge (no my bunnies do not like budweiser but Alfie has helpfully just spilt my chery coke!!) the draw is above it and a cupboard to teh side as well

DSC01450.jpg

And here is my job for tomorrow. These are the inserts he has put them on the outside and tomorrow i am going to paint them with chalkboard paint so we can have the bunnies name on the oitside and when their litter is due and stuff

DSC01451.jpg

Oh WOW! I just love it! It's coming along SO nicely! That's a great idea about the chalkboard paint! I love your rabbitry! I'm just going to have to find a big truck to transport it to my house! hehe! :p

No, lol. We're actually doing something like you are, but we're going to have 9 hutches, 2 brood cages, and 2 ELop cages.

I'll show you the blueprint when I finish it, hehe!

Emily

that's nice!!! i want one just like it :biggrin2:

can't what to see more pictures with the bunnies in there new rabbitry

i bet there gonna be happy!!

That is awesome i am gonna have a rabbitry when i'm older i can't wait!!

It is going to have rows of cages and gorgeous bunnies in them!!

Just wanted to say I deleted duplicate posts.....

Oh - and when are you moving that rabbitry to Texas?

Oh wait...I'm getting OUT of breeding.

I think I'd almost have considered staying in if I had a rabbitry that nice...

Peg

Woohoo, a week on and the girls are in the new shed!! Bruce has also done the inbetween bit so we don't get wet nipping between (it is Scotland after all!!) and he has put in a storage place for our hay bales and shavings.

There are still some bits to finish but its looking good now. I am so happy I have electirc and water all put through from the house so there is no extension leads. And I have started filling up my cupboards.

here is the lean to with the storage space

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01454.jpg

And here are my girlies I just put theitr names on the chalk board today. But it will be so handy when we ae swopping hutches that you can wipe it off and redo.

DSC01455.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

DSC01459.jpg

OMG....I am so in love with your set up. I think that if Art had been able to come up with something like this when he wanted me to move the rabbits outside into a barn - I probably would have agreed to it....

This is awesome - I am sooo jealous.

One question - how do you keep the cages clean? Do they use litterboxes? Are the floors covered with shaving or something and you just sweep them out?

Peg

Yep they all have corner litter boxes which most are pretty good at using (there are a couple I keep struggling with lol) We use wood shavings on the floor and hay in one back corner and the litter box in the other. I just empty the litter trays through the week and then use a dustpan and brush to get it all out when i am tidying all of it out. if you give me a few mins i will go and take a pic of the inside so you can see it better. We also put lino on the floor of the hutches Peg as it stops the wood rotting if they are messy and makes them easier to clean and disinfect.

Here you go Peg this is one of the empty ones. Its a bit of a mind twist as they look smaller than the oens in my other shed but they are pretty much the same size but they are deep instead of wide.

DSC01464.jpg

And here they are full with bunnies!! i put shavings all over except for the corner the litter tray goes in and then hay for them to eat and dig in!!

DSC01463.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

OMG it's amazing polly! :shock: I am really in love with it, that's now my dream rabbitry too! It's gorgeous, you've both done a brilliant job.

Stuff Crufts, I'm gonna stay on the train all the way up there to see your set up. :biggrin2:

Ok, so this is lame, but my dream has always been to retire in Ireland, buy a TON of land and rescue/adopt animals. And if this dream comes true, it will be because I will be rich. And if I'm rich, think I can pay your husband to come to Ireland and build me one of those for my bunnies? :p

That thing is AMAZING! Your husband is amazingly talented and your buns are SOOOOO lucky!!! :)

Hazel wrote:
Ok, so this is lame, but my dream has always been to retire in Ireland, buy a TON of land and rescue/adopt animals. And if this dream comes true, it will be because I will be rich. And if I'm rich, think I can pay your husband to come to Ireland and build me one of those for my bunnies? :p

That thing is AMAZING! Your husband is amazingly talented and your buns are SOOOOO lucky!!! :)

Hazel, that is NOT lame! :) I have the same dream, :) Hmm, maybe I'll go to Ireland, afterall I am Irish, lol. :)

Emily

I love that setup!! I have been looking at the pics throughout but have not posted. I really like your handwriting! I love how you can write their names on that chalk board stuff! I am flying to your house and stealing your setup!! TONIGHT!! lol. jk.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Hazel wrote:

Hazel, that is NOT lame! :) I have the same dream, :) Hmm, maybe I'll go to Ireland, afterall I am Irish, lol. :)

Emily

Yeah, my grandparents are from Ireland. I've always been in love with Ireland. I was always happy that I got my green eyes from them, :)

Latest posts

Back