My darling Sage, RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh hun, Im so so sorry this is so hard on you. I wish I could give you a hug. I havent had to suffer through losing any of my bunnies yet but I went through a long period over the past few years where my boy Max was very very sick and I got crap from a lot of people, that "its just a rabbit" thing. Its heartbreaking when youre hurting so much and others are so cruel.

I dont know if you've seen this thread but theres some information here: Dealing with Grief. You may find some comfort in reading what others have experienced.

We're here for you. Im so sorry you have to go through this. But youre right, I truly believe shes in a better place now.

*hugs*

Haley

PS. I also havea Basil and when I got Max and we first thought he was a girl I had named him Sage :)

Hi Basil,

Please accept our condolences on the passing of Sage. We have experienced this all too often and it is difficult.

JimD did mention something and I think you picked up on it and are researching it....it's clostridium. I was going to post a brief explanation of what happens in these situations...what to do and what not to do....but right now might not be the best time for that. When you are feeling up to it...give me a PM and I will explain it all for you. And trust me....I read your thread and you did all you possibly could. And how to handle the sadness? Everyone is different. When I lost my special little girl Sabrina....I was devastated as I never knew that little rabbit could mean so much. I wanted to keep her spirit alive and I came up with doing a rescue. Since Sabrina was a "special needs" and rabbit vets were few and far between (even more so than now) I decided to learn as much as I could about rabbits and we started a rescue in her honor that takes nearly exclusively special needs. Now, four years later, we have rescued hundreds of domestic rabbits, expanded into domestic exotics including chinchillas, degus, guinea pigs and hamsters as well as birds. And we now do wildlife....and all of this started because of my grief from losing Sabrina. I like to think I made a positive out of a negative.

Our thoughts are with you....and give me a PM when you feel up to it. Binky free little girl.

Randy

Basil wrote:
'It was just a rabbit.. go in the yard and get another one!' was a comment I received today. I told him that his comments were making me feel worse and walked away.

I'm so anxious.. and keep going into panic attacks over losing her.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to move through this, or experiences you have of going through this?

I'm so sorry about Sage, hon. I've lost two, and it's always very hard, very. My first one had heart failure, the second, I suspect cancer, as I had a tumour removed from her a year ago. She was my heart bun, the second one-Angel ( someone sure named her correctly. She was perfection:bunnyangel:.).

It just takes a lot of time. Read the link that Haley provided, it may help a bit, but it may also just bring out the tears and sorrow, but that is also a part of the greiving:(. It really does suck to say the least. I was sick to my stomach for nearly two whole weeks after losing my girl, Angel.:( So, I totally understand. Just know that we understand that "just a rabbit" is just not what it seems in text. It's real, and they are special to us, so special you cannot ever even try to explain to someone that has no clue.:hug:

Binky free Sage:rainbow:

I'm so sorry about Sage :(

Believe me,i can understand fullythe way you are feeling,i just lost mybeautiful little boy bunny Pippijust over four weeks ago....i'm not over his death at all...hehad EC and he did fight all his health problems for 8 months,he slowly left my life until his little body had had enough and he died the morning after xmas 07......i still have those what if's going through my mind as i really didn't know much about EC and the vets here didn't really know much about iteither...except that there was really no cure and every vet that Pippi had seen all told me the same thing,this dreaded parasite was going to take Pippi....but i fought so hard for him,and he fought so hard for himself....yes i still very much cry and i miss him terriblybecause we went through so much together.

The grieving process for me is very hard,i'm naturally a very shy and quiet person and death shakes my little world upside down and i don't know how to deal with my feelings,i just get this overwhelming feeling of saddness that won't go away,so do you know what i do?...i write all my feelings down in a diary....it does help some.

We are all here for you,and we do understand

Many many hugs to you :hug:

Cheryl

ra7751 wrote:
Hi Basil,

I wanted to keep her spirit alive and I came up with doing a rescue. Since Sabrina was a "special needs" and rabbit vets were few and far between (even more so than now) I decided to learn as much as I could about rabbits and we started a rescue in her honor that takes nearly exclusively special needs. Now, four years later, we have rescued hundreds of domestic rabbits, expanded into domestic exotics including chinchillas, degus, guinea pigs and hamsters as well as birds. And we now do wildlife....and all of this started because of my grief from losing Sabrina. I like to think I made a positive out of a negative.

Our thoughts are with you....and give me a PM when you feel up to it. Binky free little girl.

Randy

Randy - thats SO wonderful that you were able to take your experience (even though extremely sad) and make it into something .. a rabbit rescue! I totally admire what you did. What a awesome example you are setting. You rock!

I wanted to say thanks again to all of the people who posted here.. it has helped me so much. *hugs and thanks!*

I read the grief post - thank you for posting that. I had read it earlier, but it helped to read it again. I think I'm over trying to blame myself. Sage wouldn't like it if I was sitting around crying....

Again, this community is wonderful.. thank you all!

Latest posts

Back