My Chicks Hatched!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mouse_chalk wrote:
Awwwww, they are soooooo cute! I LOVE Bantams!

Can't wait for more pictures :) Do you keep them, or....??

Lol, we would never eat them! We are way too soft, plus one chicken of this breed would probably just have enough meat for a chicken nugget. :D

They are just pets, a hobby and for eggs.

We have nine of them now, the last one just popped out of the egg a little while ago, we have a really cute yellow one with brown stripes that looks like it has eye liner on, I'll post pics soon, it's just it's stormy right now.

I've got some pics uploading now, we just moved them to a warmer and safer nestbox :) If you see any in the pics and have any cute names for them let me know!

irishbunny wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
Awwwww, they are soooooo cute! I LOVE Bantams!

Can't wait for more pictures :) Do you keep them, or....??

Lol, we would never eat them! We are way too soft, plus one chicken of this breed would probably just have enough meat for a chicken nugget. :D

They are just pets, a hobby and for eggs.

We have nine of them now, the last one just popped out of the egg a little while ago, we have a really cute yellow one with brown stripes that looks like it has eye liner on, I'll post pics soon, it's just it's stormy right now.
Oh no, I didn't think you ate them, I wondered if you maybe sold them on as pets or something else that's all!

I would LOVE to have chickens in my garden for fresh eggs. That is my dream for when we eventually buy a house....

Can't wait to see pics!

We'll probably keep the hens and sell the cockerals at a poultry bring and buy in a couple of months, we already have three cockerals and are planning on selling two of them at the poultry bring and buy on Sunday week. There great for eggs and at least you know where your eggs came from and have peace of mind that they were fed and treated well.

I have a really cute video I got of them, I'm going to upload it this evening when I get time, I have to do homework now :)

The video is taking ages to upload, I started uploading it over an hour ago and it's only on 43%. *sigh* I'm going to go to bed soon, I probably won't have it up till morning.

[align=center]Pics and Video![/align]
[align=center]Here is the video, now at the beginning it's pretty dark and you can't see much but after a few seconds I open the door to let in more light :)[/align]
[align=center] [/align]
[align=center]Here's the pictures![/align]
[align=center]
GEDC1934.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
GEDC1935.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
GEDC1936.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
GEDC1937.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
GEDC1938.jpg
[/align]

Lol, I know I wish they could stay that size forever lol!

awwwwwwwwwwww! so cuteeee!
do they have names yet? i think one of them looks like a 'Cullen'.....:p

Nope no names yet, if anyone wants to name them just pick out the one you want to name, otherwise I probably won't name them, since I only briefly see them for a couple of minutes a day, their cuddled up under their mother most of the time.

Ok, we have a Sam, Bart and Cullen :DDo any of you guys want a particular chick to be named your name or will I just pick a random one?

GEDC1935.jpg

Ok, you see the little guy that's nearly all yellow? Well that can be Bart :pHe's my favourite too, if it turns out to be a hen it can be Barbara lol!

Aww yay! I just said to Steve 'I named a chick today, what did YOU do?' :biggrin2:

He's so cute! And I love that you picked the yellow one because Bart Simpson is yellow LOL!

Lol, I'll take a special pic of Bart tomorrow on his own so you can see him properly, before they go into the 'ugly stage' in a couple of weeks, basically when they get feathers and start losing their fluffiness :p

Oh how cute!!!!

I wish I could have chickens and ducks again but my dogs like them to chase, harrass and eat.:scared:

More pics as they grow, please- I love the momma hen, too.

Denise

Latest posts

Back