My bunny won't litter train

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xexitreality

Reaction score
I got her a month ago from people who didn't want her anymore. She's sweet but I can't let her out of the cage because she pees and poops in my couches and rugs...

I tried getting a litter box but all he did was dig and sit in it and track bedding everywhere.

She's really sweet and cute cause she likes I run around, but I can't let her do that anymore...

Any tips on how to tell her the litter box is not a toy but just a poop box?

Is there a specific area she enjoys going the most? You'll usually see her there for a while as she uses the bathroom, and then you'll notice where she'll do most of her business. It's different from where she just leaves one or two droppings. For example, a spot in my room is this area for my bun. It's where he always goes, whether there's a literbox or not. He won't go anywhere else like he does in this one corner. So, that's where I moved the litter box. You should try finding this one spot, moving the box there, and sweeping up all of your buns messes and putting them into the literbox until she knows that this is where she's suppose to go. I guess you could pick her up when you see her about to use the bathroom and drop her in the box, but they aren't cats or dogs. My bun especially enjoys digging through the liter box as he uses it. Good luck.

She liked one of my couches till I got her to stop by spraying her with water everytime she jumped up there, and now she just goes on the floor, and I've tried putting the litter box there but she prefers the rug still, and will dig all the litter out everywhere

I've heard some people mention that buns just like to go where it's soft. Personally, none of mine have ever gone on soft things, with the exception of spraying. Maybe you can set up multiple liter boxes to see which she prefers. My litter is so messy it gets everywhere. Since my bun already has his bathroom area decided, I just bought two small rugs to stick around the liter box (it's easier to clean up after) I think you should just remember to redirect her.

If u don't already you should try putting hay in her litter box or in a hay rack, also put some of her poo in the litter box so she knows to go in there. I found that if I put the litter box in a corner that my bun pees in it more. Rabbits usually don't go to the bathroom by their hide house to keep it clean. I hope u get it all figured out so but remember that rabbits won't be perfect with litter training

take a tissue and wipe up some of the urine and put it in the litter box and try putting a bit of hay on top of the litter it may help with the digging.also keep her confined to a small area until she potties only in the litter box then let her out to more bigger areas. Both my rabbits are diggers and the only way to stop them was to use an old cake pan 9 by 13 inches I think as a litter box the edges are high enough the litter doesnt go flying when they dig. there are also litter boxes with screens on the bottom you can buy so they cants get to the litter in the bottom to dig in it

Latest posts

Back