My bunny won’t breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunzy

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 8 month old female Rex bunny that I’ve been trying to breed for the last three months my male is trying but she just doesn’t want to breed what do I do?

I hear apple cider vinegar will interest the doe in breeding.
Are you checking to see if her vent is swelling? I had a doe that wouldn’t breed once, about 6 hours after she was with the buck I checked her vent and it was swelling so I put her back with him and she lifted. Which you’ve probably already tried?

[QUOTE="dogwoodblossoms, I have tried apple cider vinegar but she still doesn’t want to breed I’ve checked her vent it’s not swelling, I’m wondering if she just doesn’t like the buck.

Hey guys I have a 8 month old female Rex bunny that I’ve been trying to breed for the last three months my male is trying but she just doesn’t want to breed what do I do?
She may just not be ready. When was the last time you put them together?

Weeeellll.

There's a lot of details missing to give any advice without typing pages to cover it all, how do your rabbits live (light seems to play a role), how did you try to breed them, where, for how long, how exactly does the doe react etc?
In my experience, just leaving the hutch doors open accidentially gives the "best" results (yeah, they tricked me again, I hate winter litters :()

There are instances when rabbits just don't like each other, but mostly it's human causes.

If you want read up on that topic (which is quite common, use the search) I would refer you to www.rabbittalk.com, here it's more the pet crowd.

Weeeellll.

There's a lot of details missing to give any advice without typing pages to cover it all, how do your rabbits live (light seems to play a role), how did you try to breed them, where, for how long, how exactly does the doe react etc?
In my experience, just leaving the hutch doors open accidentially gives the "best" results (yeah, they tricked me again, I hate winter litters :()

There are instances when rabbits just don't like each other, but mostly it's human causes.

If you want read up on that topic (which is quite common, use the search) I would refer you to www.rabbittalk.com, here it's more the pet crowd.

Thanks for answering, they live in a room with two big windows so I don’t think that’s what it is, I’ve tried cage breeding, table breeding, and leaving her in his cage overnight, sometimes she mounts him but when he tries to mount her she just runs to the other side, I don’t really know what to do.

Latest posts

Back