My bunnies new homebase!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know hardly anything about bunnies, even though I've owned them for 3 years

How often should I be cleaning her homebase pen
I know hardly anything about bunnies, even though I've owned them for 3 years
The basic rule of thumb is to clean it whenever you think it is too messy OR, for sure, clean it anytime there is odor. A litter trained rabbit can have his litter box cleaned out any time it emits odor. The rest of the cage can be swept out as often as you like, but at least once per week. How quickly a litter box gets smelly depends on how it is set up (size box, litter used, maintenance). I litter box set up to the best advantage can go up to a week (with one rabbit) between cleanings.

If you'd like to learn more about rabbits, feel free to visit my website. Fair warning-- I think it is easier to look through on the web version rather than the mobile version.
Since you and Mariam were discussing store bought treats, I'll link the web page on treats to get you started:
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/treats.html

Most things that say they are safe for rabbits aren't.
Mariam, is that based mostly on the ingredients you've mentioned such as seeds? I see a lot of the toys in the pet store made of wood that are colored. I'm thinking why would I give a creature in my care dye. Maybe those toys are like fishing lures; designed to catch fisher people, not fish 😂😂😂

Mariam, is that based mostly on the ingredients you've mentioned such as seeds? I see a lot of the toys in the pet store made of wood that are colored. I'm thinking why would I give a creature in my care dye. Maybe those toys are like fishing lures; designed to catch fisher people, not fish 😂😂😂
It is based on the ingredients, but also what they look like. I agree, why would you give your rabbit a toy covered with dye. Even if I did buy "those" kinds of toys, Theo is so picky about toys he wouldn't even play with any of the store-bought toys because they are so plain and uninteresting.

It is based on the ingredients, but also what they look like. I agree, why would you give your rabbit a toy covered with dye. Even if I did buy "those" kinds of toys, Theo is so picky about toys he wouldn't even play with any of the store-bought toys because they are so plain and uninteresting.
So is jasmine !
She wouldn't play with them , she loves tunnels , tunnels , tunnels , and toys stuffed with treats!
Like her treat balls!

I cleaned and fully set up her cageView attachment 47147
Her cage looks great! Be careful with all the yarn because you don't want it to get wrapped around her neck.
So is jasmine !
She wouldn't play with them , she loves tunnels , tunnels , tunnels , and toys stuffed with treats!
Like her treat balls!
Theo likes jumping over things. I'm making him some mini horse jumps because he loves jumping things so much! He is in the process of bonding with his tunnel because he is scared of it 😅 He also loves toys stuffed with hay and treats.

Her cage looks great! Be careful with all the yarn because you don't want it to get wrapped around her neck.

Theo likes jumping over things. I'm making him some mini horse jumps because he loves jumping things so much! He is in the process of bonding with his tunnel because he is scared of it 😅 He also loves toys stuffed with hay and treats.
i just wanna say how adorable your bunny is tho...
Awe thanks

Only one is from pets at home , the litter box is from pets at home and so are the food and water bowls
That stuff is fine, I just mean that corn looking treat thing in the beginning. Also stuff like yoghurt drops, things that have dye on them. I do buy some of my toys or supplies from pets at home but just advising to watch ingredients and things like that.

Latest posts

Back