my bunnies are broken!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imbrium

Jennifer
Reaction score
I ordered a whole bunch of treats to sell on my website for sugar gliders and, to a lesser degree, bunnies. they arrived today... I dug through the boxes, going straight for the banana chips, and then rushed into the bunny pen to give them their first ever banana chips - you know, that treat that every bunny everywhere supposedly goes insane for?

not a nibble, not even a lick. even my chubby little food-vacuum, Gazzles, wanted nothing at all to do with the banana chips! WTF?? my bunns is broken! I know it's not the banana chips, 'cause I ate some myself and they were nummy, so it's gotta be the bunnies.

Our rabbits live on pellets/hay/water and do just fine; however, I decided to pick up some carrots because, as you know, bunnies are supposed to LOVE carrots (LOL). Anyway, I washed and cut them in sections and put one in every cage. Out of 20+ rabbits only about 3 took a nibble off...none ate all of it. Glad I selected something we would eat or it would've been a waste of money.

I don't know if rabbits need to warm up to certain foods, but maybe that's the case with banana chips?

Maybe it is an acquired taste for some buns. I haven't tried mine on the banana chips yet so I can't say if my buns go for them or not. Now if your bunnies don't go wild for a craisin then they may be broken! lol If I didn't know better I would swear they contained addictive substances in those craisins! My buns would eat an entire bag at one time if I would let them!

Sometimes you have to offer things to them several times, Jennifer knows that, her buns are picky.
Ellie doesn't like carrots either. I put a carrot in front of her and she let it sit their for a whole day. I've tried several times and she just won't eat the carrots. Oh well.

My two didn't like bananas for the longest time. I thought they were odd too ;) I just kept trying and trying and they finally do now. Same with herbs. Turned their noses up forever at them and finally just now I can get them to eat them.

I think some buns just need to work up the courage to try new things.

Ash LOVES banana chips! I make them in the oven for myself sometimes and I usually give Ash one too. But Ash does not like Broccoli. He always turns his nose up to it.

For thumper to eat something new, the first time it must be put in his bowl. Once he has ate it from there, he will then take it from your hand. Sometimes he will just not eating something new for hours. Sometimes it helps to put it in with his other veggies. I have also had to give him items repeatedly over days before he would try it but that was when I first started introducing him to veggies. Thumper will eat craisins, I bought the pomenganate infused ones but he is definitely not crazy about them. Since he shows so little interest and I prefer not to give him sugary things he probably won't have them again so I am stuck with this bag.

Clover and strawberries seem to be his favs and I would say clover is at the top.

Thumper will eat craisins, I bought the pomenganate infused ones but he is definitely not crazy about them.

o_O your bunny is even more broken than mine!!

mine were so-so about normal craisins but the pomegranate-infused ones are their favorite food EVER - even more than fresh banana, which they go nuts over. Nala and Gaz say that if Thumper doesn't want the craisins, they'll eat them :p

Latest posts

Back