My Bohemian Bunnies part 2..2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suz wrote:
I just got an almost identical pen to what you just got. And it's for my flemmie ;)

I had to put a shelf in there too, because Muppet LOVES to be up high and we have heated flooring. So I wanted to get her off that too.

We took a piece of plywood and put two dowels underneath it for support. And then my hubby jammed it in there really good so it wouldn't go anywhere. Here's a pic where you can kind of see it:

100_3342.jpg

It works great for Muppet, and then she has the run of the playroom when we are home.

I hope you are finding yours works well too! ;)Best of luck!
I meant to ask you a million times Susan, how much does Muppet weigh?
Phin is so heavy. I mean really heavy. He rivals my cat in terms of weight already and he is 4 months old. How much heavier do you think he'll get? I can barely lift him anymore and he wants to be carried EVERYWHERE, the sook. I sook my animals way too much. But Phin is now one massive bunny. The toddler I mind is easier to carry LOL

Yay Trist, you got her! :biggrin2:Now, I absolutely love my bunnies, but I definitely do love guinea pigs. They are generally so easy going and the smallest things makes them happy for hours. They are so easy to feed and clean too. They are gentle souls in general and are quite happy with being handled. When I was 4, I had my frst guinea pig and I did everything with her. I colored with her in my lap, put her in a doll stroller and took her grocery shopping, watched cartoons with her, incorporated her in my barbie playing... Really, I think you get the point. Lol.

Personally, I find them to be quite a bit simpler than bunnies. In many ways. On the other hand, bunnies have this attitude about them that guinea pigs don't have as much of that I just love so having both is a bit of everything. They are very vocal, which I also love. It seems your little girl will be calling you in no time :pMine know their names now so they know exactly when I am speaking to them and go nuts. Lol. They always know when a treat is on the way. Oh and if I forgot or if I'm late...They let me know it. Lol.

Will you be getting her a friend? Another good site/forum is Wheekers. :)Your buns are so goofy. Hehehe :biggrin:Welcome home Isabella!

Muppet is around 15 pounds now. She's 7 months old, so she could still get a bit bigger.It's hard for me to get a really accurate weight, just because she HATES being held so standing on the scale has to be quick so I don't get clawed to death ;)

I would think Phin still has more growing to do because he's young yet, but every single flemmie is going to be different ;). I was told that Flemish's can keep growing up to about 11 months of age.

I wish I could hold Muppet like you get to hold Phin! Life would be so much easier! LOL But she does love to be pet (especially by my daughter) so she just come over to us when we're on the floor and lay down right next to us and wait for us to pet her. The diva...

Sophie, she has completely captured my heart. I had no idea they could be so affectionate and so open about needing that attention.
The little noises just melt my heart.
I'll check out that site too. I have been so busy my head is spinning!!! I read they do best in a herd but I'm nervous about bonding etc and whether she was properly sexed although it was an adoption so surely they would know?
she looks awfully young to me.
I'd hate to have two different sexes and find myself with more.
my bunnies are definitely goofy LOL they light up my world I tell you. I have newly nicked phin.. " Puppy" he bounds through the house in a clumsy puppy way. BunBun is sure of himself as he is older so he doesn't look clumsy. Phin is like some wild thing who hasn't learned where his feet go yet LOL bahahahhaha.

Suze, I can't imagine Phin being any heavier LOL he went through a stage of not wanting to be picked up but now he comes to me, goes on his back legs, his front legs are on my thighs and I have to pick him up. he looks so pitiful LOL he doesn't wait for the bunny hold, support his butt thing. the minute I bend down, he practically jumps into me lol

he even lets me put him on his back and rock him in the rocking chair. I'm going to get a baby bonnet and take a pic because it's just TOO cute.

He is seriously species confused. I mean seriously confused. LOL he got into the dry cat food last week and scarfed it down so fast I didn't get to him in time. he jumped onto a chair then onto the table where i keep it OUT OF THE BUNNIES WAY. lol I was a wreck but he seems to be a garbarator. He was fine. I watched his poop and his demeanor for five days until finally relaxing.

They keep me on my toes. That's for sure!!!

OH! NOw I'm really jealous! I would lOVE it if Muppet would do that! However, she does come up to me and go on her hind legs. She'll then put a front paw on my leg. But I think she's just seeing if I have any good treats in my hand. This one's a pig as well. But if I try to put my hands under her to scoop up, Look Out! :X

And the species confusion is in full effect here too! I think she thinks she is a dog. She is always trying to lay down next to our dog Blue, and Blue just ain't havin it. LOL. Muppet will go and flop next to Blue, then Blue will wake up and turn her head to see what the noise was. She'll then see Muppet, look at me like "Are you kidding me?" and then get up and go lay down upstairs where Muppet is not allowed. LOL Poor Mupps.

aww poor Muppet! and poor Blue lol I think Flemmies are the weirdest most wonderful bunnies ever. I'm so glad I made that decision. It's funny you know.. cats glare, dogs can glare or look ticked off/annoyed but I never thought bunnies could show such emotions on their faces too.

When Phin is sooking, he puts his chin to the floor and looks at me... just like a dog. He isn't allowed on the couch anymore because he likes to pee on it ( that's the only place he pees now except litterbox YAY!) but when I say, " Puppy, NO!! get down" he does listen but then he does his lay down with the chin thing.

teeheeeee

i wish i could pick up my giants with ease...they are wayyy too heavy..Shermin i can get a hold of but its tricky to get all his feets and stuff tucked quick enough before he starts to panic...but once i do and i hold him up if im not careful he will trance himself out all by himself..then he is DEAD weight...hehe.if i slightly let his head lean back ..hes OUT!.
Ms, Perty i dont attempt to pick her up too often..shes even bigger then Sherm and a wildcat!i have war wounds from her..i just corral her around when i need to move her:)..
Trist i cant believe Phin asks to be picked up..ur so lucky to have a bun like that.!
so does Isabelle have a new cage yet?.

Lisa, how much do they weigh? When will Phin stop growing do you think? BunBun trances soooo easy too. Thank god because thats the only way we can trim his nails, give him meds etc. The first time he tranced years ago, I was terrified. I have this habit of rocking my animals, even the cats bahahhahaha. Manu loves it. Cassie only for a second then it's a jump off me, glare at me, start cleaning herself thing, so I don't cuddle her that way anymore, she obviously doesn't like it :(
So when I was cuddling bunbun, he went limp and I was petrified I put him up to check to make sure everything was good and he snapped out of it and scared me silly LOL
and isabella.. arggh, hubby went out to get a cage. well, he got one, but it was a "guinea pig" cage which means a space no bigger than the tub thing she is in now. We returned it unused yesterday and I'm reading about C and C cages instead.
This weekend, I am going to get some panels. She seems happy for now but she is itty bitty. I want to personalize her space anyway.
what a cuddle bug she is. She was with my oldest daughter for almost two hours, burrowed in her sweater cooing.
and eat!! I swear on a smaller level, she eats as much as the bunnies. :p and manu.. oh manu..that's a whole other story..and the reason I have bags under me eyes today.

Cute Isabella :) quite sometimes I didn't log on and you have new member ! Hip hip hooray !!! :) Hehehehe. She's a real cute little piggy. She's quite big ( or it's just photo ) How old is she ?
Sending warm welcome to gorgeous Isa :) hehehe.

Isn't she sweet, Vircia!! I love her to bits! she is teeny, she could fit in one hand if she wouldn't squirm so much!

:) hehehe, lovely ! So did you get her new cage yet ? I'd love to see :) Since you've made a wonderful cage for your bunny boy.

hey forgot to tell ya Trist my Sherman weighs 15 lbs and females norm weigh more for any of the rabbit breeds,,,,Ms. Perty last time weighed 17 lbs but im kinda thinkin she might be more by now ..shes my Big Black Mamajama!!....and one ugly bunny..hehe good thing i luvs her...shes got a broken tail and A broken ear...and her face is really skinny to look at head on so u dont see her eyes .kinda like a fish...thats why we named her Ms Perty...but shes a neat bunny...she really is.she just yearns for lovin...sweet girl.

Vircia, yes I did! I will have pictures soon. I got cool litter too. I don't remember what it's called but it's really soft and looks like a blend of cotton fluff and cardboard pieces LOL omg I'm tired. I'll just look at the package tomorrow :p

Lisa!!! poor ms perty bahahahahha..
Phin is heavyyyyy already too but his parents were above 20 lbs so I expect he'll be the same. When he fully stands he is well over 3 ft. Big boy.

k, i'mm off to bed! nightnight xo

Is this a bunny train ? What a longggggg boy ! :) But cute, of course ! It amazes me every time I see Kimiko stretching out and boy ! she's longgg too.

Hi Vircia!, we're fine. Phin is a horse, BunBun is always chilled out happy and Isabella is finding her voice, she is LOUD lol. I haven't been online much. I've been busy busy.

xo

Nice to see you around Trist :biggrin:I gave my boys a cardboard box and some very thinly shredded paper to play with. They absolutely love it. It's always fun to see how such simple things can make piggies so happy. How are you taking to Isabella? Not too hard to take care of right? :biggrin2:'We're gonna need more pictures soon! Hehehe :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back