my baby left me tonight :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela227

Reaction score
Today has to be one of the worst days of my life. :(

At around 3pm this afternoon, Oreo had another seizure.. this time iwas home by myself when it happened. It was the scariest thing i haveever seen. i was sitting on my floor by her cage watching tv working onsome stuff when i saw her head kind of wobble from side to side.. thenshe flopped over onto her side & kicked her legs, her body shook& she made a crying noise.. so i held her midsection loosely andpetted her, it only lasted about 30 secs if that.. then she got back uphopped to the other side of her cage & just layed there. i satthere & petted her for a couple of hours. in the mean time while iwas petting her, i called my dad, my mom & my grandma as well as myvet (which was an emergency # cause their office had already closed)

my vet called me back about 10 mins or so after i called, and i toldhim what happened & he said that she had the seizure because of herkidneys(she was diagnosed with kidney disease at the beginning of themonth) & i asked him what do i do he told me to keep force feedingher if she wasnt eating on her own & give her the fluid shots likewe have been, only to up the dosage. But he flat out told me on thephone that it didnt look good.. & to bring her in on monday.

So anyway, my mom gets home i told her what happened & then we gaveOreo her upped dosage of fluids as per the instructions of her vet shetook her shot well like a good bunny.. and was just resting in hercage.
Later tonite around 8pm or so.. she got up & went to the other sideof the cage again..where she started to have another seizure i put myhands next to her sides so she wouldn't hurt herself & yelled formy mom. I continued to hold her and pet her and she made the cryingnoise again & my mom came up into my room & started pettingher.. but she just never came out of the seizure. Oreo stopped shaking& my mom was still petting her & she took a couple of deepbreaths & that was it.. she died :(
I'm so upset.. she was my baby.. i miss her so much already and wishthere was more i could have done to help her.. i feel so helpless andawful that she had to suffer. i also feel horrible that we never reallygot to celebrate her 5th birthday last month because she had a hairball& i had bought her a special treat that i was waiting until she gotbetter to give to her.. i never got to give it to her :( :( :( my momkeeps telling me that we did everything we could for her.. and thatshe's not suffering anymore but i still feel so guilty that i couldnthelp ease her pain or make her feel better.
We took her to a 24 hr emergency vet and they are going to cremate her& put her ashes in a wooden box with a gold clasp.. kind of lookslike a small jewelry box. at least that way i'll always have somethingto remember her by. :(
i miss my baby she was such a good bunny she didn't deserve to suffer like she did :(
In loving memory of Oreo 8-19-99 to 9-18-04
i hope wherever Oreo is that she isn't suffering anymore & thatshe's happy, plyaing, and getting plenty of all the treats and food andtoys that she loves. i miss her dearly & she'll always be in aspecial place in my heart.
~pam

Our Dear Pamela227,

My heart breaks for the pain you're going through. Oreo couldn't havebeen more loved or have chosen a better home than the one you gave her.You and your mom went 100 extra miles to prevent this, butunfortunately, the Lord felt it best that she return to Heaven.

Rest assured, she loves you dearly still. Love is everlasting no matter if it's here on earth or in spirit.

She passed on at home and with her favorite people. That in and of itself is a blessing.

I know how badly you're hurting. My thoughts and love extend to you during this very difficult and painful time.

Much Love,
-Carolyn

I am so sorry for your loss,petloss.com is agreat place to visit very friendly people. They help a great deal Ihave been there myself and they have helped. oreo is at the rainbowbridge now,Happy and Healthy! You gave her a great home and she is nowin a great home, what could be better. Hang in there honey,we allsupport you here,thoughts and prayers be with you!:(

pamela227 wrote:
Today has to be one of the worst days of my life. :(

I'm so upset.. she was my baby.. i miss her so much already andwish there was more i could have done to help her.. i feel so helplessand awful that she had to suffer...my mom keeps telling me that we dideverything we could for her.. and that she's not suffering anymore buti still feel so guilty that i couldnt help ease her pain or make herfeel better...i miss my baby she was such a good bunny she didn'tdeserve to suffer like she did :(In loving memory of Oreo 8-19-99 to9-18-04...i hope wherever Oreo is that she isn't suffering anymore& that she's happy, plyaing, and getting plenty of all thetreats and food and toys that she loves. i miss her dearly &she'll always be in a special place in my heart.
~pam

I am so, so, sorry Pamela. Nobunny could ever replace her inyour heart, but if you ever feel the need ofa "bunny fix,"please come and visit us down the Jersey Shore. We have sixbuns, who don't get the individual attention they would love to get andwould just love to be "fussed" over by someone. All you needdo is PM me here and I will contact you with directions for you andyour folks to get here. The beach is at its nicest inSeptember/October and it is a good place to commune with your innerself, plus you can take one, or more, of our buns with you to the beach.

If you haven't accessed the Rainbow Bridge already, pleasedo. It does help.http://www.lisaviolet.com/ecard/rainbowjavax.html

I'll see if I can "bump" the bunny memorial site up for you to place something in Oreo's honor.

Buck

Thank you all for your kind words & buck for the invitation.
i woke up this morning hoping yesterday was all just a bad dream &that i'd wake up & she'd still be there.. but shes not :( i canteven think of anything else to write.. all i can do is cry i miss herso much :(
felt i should add pictures

pamela227 wrote:
...all i can do is cry i miss her so much :(

We understand. We know how much it hurts. Thanksfor the pictues. She was a beautiful bunny. Please considerour invitation...weekday, weekend, no matter, as long as we're here togreet you.

Heck, doesn't matter whether we're here or not. Plenty ofpeople know where the key is and use the house when we're nothere. People often walk into the back yard to greet our buns,too!

Buck

Oh Pam, I'm so sorry about Oreo. I must admit,I'm crying as I write this. You and your mum did so much to help her -no-one could have done more. I have hoped that she would make it, butat least she's at rest now, and she was with those that loved her whenshe went. She was a lovely girl! _ Jan

I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could for her.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back