My baby Drew is gone...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god this hurts. Rosie and I have spoken so much about Drew. We have made plans of how I was going to go stay with them once they have a house to meet all my neices and nephews.

I love Drew. Tell Sam I said hi and to watch out for you.

Oh Rosie im so sorry. I can't imagine your sorrow. Take your time coming back to the forum, and give Emily a hug for me.

Peg, don't beat youreself up over this. It really isn't your fault. Your a good enough breeder to even notice and care she hadn't eaten. Im sure some wouldn't.

Drew, Binky Free baby girl. I remmeber the first time I heard your name was Drew even if you were a girl, and I loved it! If your as mishevious as they say, I can tell you are going to have a blast meeting and pulling pranks on all the bunnies from RO on the Bridge.

To some folks this may sound crazy - that is fine. I shared it with Rosie last night and I'll share it here too.

I used to hold Drew a lot and she would sit on my shoulder and I'd tell her all about her mama and California and how much she would love it in California 'cause it was the land of craisins and raisins and all sorts of good hay and stuff. She'd sort of sit there on my shoulder and look at me or sit on the desk or whatever and almost look as if she was understanding me and thinking about all of it.

I'd also tell her about Rosie and how happy I was she was going to Rosie as her mama and how I was just her "breeder mama" but Rosie was her heart mama. Even in my heart - as much as I loved Drew (and she has got to be one of my favorites) - I always thought of her as "Rosie's Drew" from the time she was young.

There have been times here when we've lost bunnies that I was especially close to - and it felt to me as if their presence was still here - just not in their bodies. With GingerSpice - it lasted several minutes and there were things that happened that made me believe that Miss Bea and Tiny sensed this.

With Drew - it was the opposite. I walked out into the kitchen shortly after she was gone (I was on the phone w/ Rosie in the office)...and she was GONE...definitely. It almost felt like she was anxious to leave this body behind and move on....and I honestly believe it was because she had a connection with Rosie through all of my stories about her and her family and how much Drew would love it in California.

Some may say, "Peg...you're a Christian...how can you say that?" and all I can say is...I have no problem reconciling my faith with the idea that some souls are just so connected that they seek each other out....even over the miles.

Peg

maherwoman wrote:
I just wanted to post something interesting...

The wind is CRAZY outside right now...I think it's my spunky little girl trying to comfort me...I just have this feeling that she's here with me..and that it's her in the wind letting me know she's home with me...

Gosh I can't believe it

When I saw the title I was in shock. Not Rosie's Drew. I talk a lot with Rosie and she was always telling me about them and mostly about Drew and how she was just that special bun. She told me that Peg loved her a lot and that she couldn't wait tohold her herself.

Gosh this absolutely made me cry. :(I'm so sorry for the two of you. I know how much Drew was loved by both of you.

Binky free sweetheart :rainbow:

I've always maintained that animals that ocme into our lives are supposed to be in our lives. I do believe we have a connection somehow.

I'm so sorry Drew is gone. :(

Oh, this is just so sad - I am so sorry, Rosie and Peg :(

Peg, I believe the same as you do - I think souls have to find somewhere to go, and it sounds as if Drew is blowing up a storm in California!

Hugs to you all

Jan

Thanks so much to everyone...including those that have sent me little notes on Messenger. Know that I love you all, but I just can't talk right now. I would call, Ali, but I just don't have a voice right now...I couldn't even answer the phone when Peg called to let me know she was gone...I had to give Danny the phone because I just didn't have a voice to answer with, nor could I hear it myself. I already knew, and was already weeping for my baby as the words came out of her mouth. I threw up right after he hung up, it was just so horrible...

I would watch those videos...but I just can't right now. I looked at some pictures of her last night...it was just too much. Danny had to pry me away from the computer...I didn't want to leave all I had left of my baby girl.

I spent last night cuddling the little SweetPea-ish bunny stuffy that we got at an auction at the BunFest a few weekends ago...trying to fool myself into thinking she was my Drew baby...but then it would hit me that she just wasn't...and I would break down all over again. I've gotten about four and a half hours' sleep...and just can't convince myself to get back to sleep again, despite how tired I am.

Danny hugged me all night...hoping it would help...but she's just gone, and there's nothing that can really take that horrible circumstance away.

The wind...I know my baby rode the wind here. They say it's the Santa Ana's...but even Danny remarked that the wind wasn't warm like the Santa Ana's are supposed to be...even he knew it was my little baby bunny, riding the crazy wind here...causing mischief along the way, as only my Drew could.

I'm so tired that right now I just feel kinda numb. So much has happened lately, that this too was such a shock...and it was so sudden...I just don't understand why it had to happen. I don't understand what I'm supposed to learn from this...

Thoughts keep hitting me...one less cage we're going to build...one less pretty little mouth that we're going to have the joy of feeding...one less sweet face giving me that expectant look for the huge bundle of hay in my hand...one less girl dancing for the boys...I just don't know what to think...but I certainly know how I feel. I feel like Peg and I were robbed, and it just isn't fair, no matter how you look at it. Why do we have to miss our sweet little baby...she was only JUST over eight months old.

I took Drew's folder out last night to write down that she'd passed...and broke down because there isn't really anything in her folder yet...I didn't even get to write down a Gotcha Day...not a scrap of paper...and I just felt as empty as that folder.

Emily wrote two little notes that she said were from Drew, saying she's here, and she loves me...I'm going to put those in her folder, so she at least has SOMETHING there...my poor sweetheart...I can't bear the thought of her folder being completely bare...it's not fair to her.

I just don't understand...

Hi Drew,

I got to know you through all the stories and pictures that your Breeder Momma posted of you online. You were always so spunky and overflowing with personality. Your sister was always more conservative and chilled out than you were. When she came here, I knew she missed you so much. She was lonely and Loki was being mean. Slowly she became less scared and grew to like it here a lot (at least I like to think so). She still missed you so. A mom can always tell. I would tell her stories about you and let her watch the video of you and your brothers hopping around. When I went to hug her last night and tell her what happened, she was quietly laying on her shelf and didn't even struggle when I picked her up. She probably knew you were gone way before me but I told her anyway. I used her as my little handkerchief and she didn't like it much. I think she's at peace with your passing Drew. I really do.

In my heart I know she wants me to say that she misses you as bad as always, but that she'll see you later.

Lily's mommy

Aww...T, you're so sweet...My little baby lives on in your Lily...and I know that Drew visited all her sweet siblings...it's just something my baby would do...:)

I'm so sorry Rosie. And Peg too. You may have "only" been her breeder mommy but I know you cared for her so much.

Binky free little Drew.
:sad:

How do you explain to someone the loss of a rabbit - when they're a total stranger?

I had to go do two mystery shops today in grocery stores - so I went to do them. I did ok till I got to the baby food aisle and was reaching for the Beechnut brand (Chiquita Bananas is awesome - the rabbits just LOVE it).

I lost it - right there in the store. Art was out in the car snoozing while I shopped - and I'm standing there almost shaking and crying while I try to grab some baby food.

Another woman saw me and asked if everything is ok....did I just lose a baby or something. That made the tears worse...

I told her I'd just losta rabbit and how I use banana baby food and canned pumpkin when they're sick. She asked me why I was buying more and I explained that I had more rabbits at home so I keep it on hand.

She handed me a tissue and stood there for a minute looking at me like she was worried about if I'd be ok.

I pulled myself together and thanked her and she gave me a hug and walked on....meanwhile, I stood there staring at the jars of baby food and thinking if I could bring Drew back and give her a jar every day...how many days those jars on the shelf would represent.

I am NOT handling this well - and I'm sorry to keep adding to this thread.but I feel like my heart is breaking over this. I went to bed last night and had shooting pains up and down my arm and my chest was hurting and I almost went to ER but I knew it was from the stress and all the crying I'd been doing.

T - I'm so glad you have Lily and she's ok. I've been looking at Dusty and Bun Bun today and talking to them a bit. I may pull them out and snuggled with them - they just look so sad today - as if they know.

I do know this - Tiny knows she's gone. Earlier I was in the office and he came bounding in (as only a Flemish can run) and he went and looked at her pen area and then came over and started nuzzling me and he didn't insist on any treats (for once) - he just wanted to nuzzle me and I swear he was trying to comfort me.

As I was falling asleep last night I had a dream (sort of). I almost pictured GingerSpice greeting Drew at the bridge and saying, "So tell me...did you pee on her? Did ya?"....

Peg

P.S. GingerSpice passed away when Drew was just a few weeks old - but I would often hold Drew and talk to her about GingerSpice and how she reminded me of Ginger with her spunk, etc. So I really believe she knew who GingerSpice was. Drew often seemed to understand things..

Oh Peg...

I wish we could just hug and cry with each other for hours...

Know that I'm just as here for you as you are for me, ok? Know that I'm crying right along with you...and it's so hard, too, because Em's crying too. I don't think any of us understands this...why it happened...it just seems so unjust...

It was so hard to feed the buns last night...they all knew something was wrong...they all came over. Even Trixie gave me a kiss on the nose (well, a nose bump)...and that's just something she doesn't do all that often. They all gave me a nose bump, and I gave them each two raisins to as a memorial to their littlest sister. I cried as I fed them, and gave them more love than I think they wanted.

It's so bright and sunshiney and beautiful outside right now...how can it be beautiful when I feel so horrible? It should be pouring rain and awful outside...how can the sun shine when I feel like a light's been put out in my heart?

It's all so unfair...and I just don't understand it...

Rosie and Peg,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Drew. It is so unfair. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you both.:hug:

I'm so sorry Drew. Have fun with Ginger.:rainbow::rip:

Today is my "distract myself with other things" day, so you'll find me aroudn the forum, trying to distract myself. I just worry about letting myself feel all this...so completely...I'd been crying for at least 24hrs almost straight...I don't want Em to see me like this.

What do I do? How do I handle this?

I feel so horribly lost and unsure about everything now...I just don't understand WHY...that's hte main thing on my mind today...WHY?!?!

Latest posts

Back