My baby Drew is gone...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
I can't handle saying much...but please pray for us. I haven't lost an animal in over ten years, I don't know how to handle this...I never even got to hold my baby girl...

I never even got to kiss her...and I'll miss her so much...she never even got to meet her Mama...or pull pranks on me, or sneak treats from me, or steal things from me...

Little Drew baby...you will be missed so much...you are so loved by so many people...

Please visit me in spirit so I can at least meet you once...

I can't go into details right now - I will do so later. We just lost Drewsome moments ago and I'm still in shock.

Drew appeared to be healthy till just a bit ago (11 pm Friday night) when Robin said, "She didn't eat any food last night.." and she had some dampness about her nose - which was pretty common for Miss Drew.

I checked on Drew before Robin & I went out to McDonald's and she appeared to be doing good. She'd been her spunky self most of the afternoon and was fighting eating. When Robin & I returned from McDonald's I went to feed her - only to find her gasping for breath.

I rushed to the phone in my office to call Rosie while Robin held Drew..and when I returned...Drew had passed.

I've taken some pictures of her wrapped in the pink towel she will be buried in and I'm asking Art to bury her with GingerSpice and Puck - two of our most rascally rabbits we've ever had. I am thinking of getting a statue of a rabbit to place on her grave.

Rosie & I can share photos later - when the numbness wears off....but for right now all I can say is...

Drew loved to "sneakses" all the time...and one lasttime - she "sneakses" again...right into Rainbow Bridge.

While she was here, she was my darling "Drewsome" because I was always so thrilled (since she was so small) that "Drewsome...grew some". So she knew the name "Drew", "Drewsome", and probably "hey you...".

Drew - you may be gone - but you will never EVER be forgotten.

Breeder Mama Peg

Edited to add: We may look into having Drew cremated so her ashes can go to her mommy and she'll still have her "baby" there somehow.

One other thing I would like to add before I go for the night:

I tell people all the time when we say goodnight, "Bye for now"

And that's what I want to say to my baby girl...

Bye for now, Sweet Baby Drew...we'll meet someday, I promise...

I am so sorry. I am in shock. I am glad that I had the pleasure of meeting Drew and seeing just how fiesty of a little lady she was.

:cry4:

Rest in Peace and Binky free, Drew :rainbow::rabbithop.

Marlin sends his bunny kisses to you. He said he will play with you again someday...

l_f599850c792b17127d539dfe3e95c83b.jpg

:tears2:

What's happening with all the babies passing away? It's so sad!

I'm so sorry Rosie! She was just gorgeous!

Oh Rosie. I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry. I just went and gave Lily a big squeeze (which she did NOT appreciate). I cried into her fur a little so she's cleaning herself up again now. I can't believe Drew is gone. I'm so sorry. I'm just bawling right now.

t.:bigtears:

myLoki wrote:
I can't believe Drew is gone. I'm so sorry. I'm just bawling right now.

t.:bigtears:

I held her in my arms - and I still can't believe she's gone. I've been looking at her pictures and videos and asking myself where I went wrong and how I let Rosie and everyone else down. I have considered getting a necropsy done - but I can't afford it and I know it wouldn't change anything.

For those who don't know the full situation - Drew would often have a damp nose with the weather change or with the humidity, etc. Sometimes she'd have a tiny bit of clear discharge also. I would treat her for a bit and she'd get better.

She stayed teeny tiny for the longest time and then one day a month or so ago I looked at her and she was the same size as Dusty. She had gone over 3 pounds!

Oh - and for a bit it looked like Drew had teeth problems too - then suddenly....poof...they were ok.

It was a shock on Friday night to have Robin say she hadn't eaten the night before....in fact..the night before she'd noticed she hadn't eaten as much as usual (but that isn't unusual here with the weather change). After all - Drew had been running around and binkying in her cage when I worked in here.

So we discovered about 11 pm on Friday night that she wasn't eating...and shortly after midnight on Sunday morning (25 hours later) - she was gone.

So what happened? We don't really know - and I don't think that Rosie or I can afford a necropsy at this time.

I will share photos later- but I've been crying off and on for about 2 hours now and I just can't look at her photos or videos anymore...it just hurts.

But I guess I just wanted to say - that even after holding her little body after she passed...it is still so hard to believe that this little gal has crossed the bridge. She had so much personality and so much spunk...

Peg

You know, she might have had some malformed or diseased respiratory system or something - as tiny as she was, and always having the damp nose.... its' so hard to know but it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong.

Oh my sweet baby girl...I'll miss you so much...I think I'm going to have to come here and talk to you often...

I've been crying this entire couple hours, too...and had the hardest time telling Emily. We were originally going to try to get her cremated and brought home to us to put in a little memorial urn, or something...but Em just couldn't handle the thought of it...and asked that we not do that. I respect her thoughts and feelings...so I asked Peg to just go ahead and bury her next to GingerSpice...and I'm okay with it because she'll be laying with a friend...

We're also going to be bringing home the little salt dough bunny Katie made of her and have it mounted on some sort of little memorial...she deserves a special spot in our home.

I'm so thankful, which might sound really weird at a time like this...but I'm so thankful that she was in such amazing care, with people that loved her so much, and she wasn't alone or uncared for. She was in the arms and care of loved ones...and though she was ultimately my baby...they are family, too...and I'm so thankful she was with them.

I'm so thankful she passed peacefully and wasn't alone...those two things help so much...and knowing she's with friends...that helps, too.

Of course, I'm grieving...I couldn't even talk when Peg called to say she'd passed. Peg had called just a few minutes before to say that she didn't think little Drew would make it, and the second time she called, I had to ask Danny to talk...I just knew my baby was gone.

Wow, this hurts so much...it's been so long since I lost one of my babies...oh man, guys, I just don't know what to do with myself.

I think it'll be days before I can post about anything else or fulfill my modly duties...I feel so incredibly lost. All I could do was go over, on the way to putting Em to bed, and cuddle and cry with Flower...she got more kisses than I'm sure she wanted...but it helped so much. I'm going to just continue to do that...snuggle with my furry fanclub. I know that'll help.

Keep me and Peg in your prayers...we're grieving together...and it's so painful...

And Peg, you're right...there's not a single thing that would help with a necropsy...I just think her little body was never fully strong and healthy. I think she knew she would never make it home to us...and truthfully, I knew as well...it was one of my first thoughts...that my worse thought had come true...

Love to you all...and especially my little girl...you will never ever be forgotten...

Oh no! I was just reading about Drew and Marlin flirting long distance in Marlin's bunny blog. I'm so sorry. Poor little baby... She was so cute and you could tell how spunky she was just by looking at her picture. I would have loved to have met her.

I just wanted to post something interesting...

The wind is CRAZY outside right now...I think it's my spunky little girl trying to comfort me...I just have this feeling that she's here with me..and that it's her in the wind letting me know she's home with me...

It doesn't sound crazy to me. I didn't know her THAT well but it seemed like, if she was going to communicate with someone, it would be through something wild and high-spirited, like the wind. . .

I'm glad she made it to you, at least in part. I was praying that she would make it to her 'heart home' with you when you need it most.

:)cry4::brown-bunny) = heart hugs for you

Thank you so so much, Robin...I really really appreciate that. It really means the world to me. I keep thinking it was her being happy to have found us, and letting me know she's okay and happy...not to worry about her anymore...

It's hard to see the pictures...but thank you for sending them my way...

So many regrets...wishing we could've brought them home sooner...etc...

I am so sorry for both of you Rosie and Peg i couldn't quite believe it when i saw this thread. My heart goes out to both of you :cry1:

Binky free Drew:rose:

Latest posts

Back