My baby bunny turned into a ninja

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinibunny

Reaction score
Ok!!! so i know this is compleetly crazy talk but i got it on video!

IMG_20140423_150927.jpg

I put Oreo (black and white dutch rabbit) and Caramel (lionhead bun) into the garden while i did a bit of laundry. All of a sudden i see Oreo in the hutch and Caramel is no where to be found! i mean i looked under the hutch everywhere! All of a sudden i see her out of no where and i had no idea what was going on. Anyway i was sitting by the hutch and noticed her in the back she started climbing the fence! I took a picture in disbelief and than started recording her thinking maybe she would do it again....and i was right she did here it is. Need help on this what should i do should i block it off? im scared she will break her little foot or get hurt but my husband and mother and law think she is fine and was just having fun im just being pre caucious i know bunnies are sensitive and i think her foot could get caught easily.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wmky7DQP0[/ame]

Um yup! I think that might bother me a little bit too! Is her playpen topped off? I'm with you, I would be afraid that she would lose her footing and break something. Maybe you can move the hutch further out so that she can't use her back to push as she climbs. Or even remove the hutch and put a much smaller shelter inside.

LOL but the cuteness factor is excellent. She's an adorable little spunky bun.

What a silly girl!!

Like you said, she could hurt herself though. I agree with Channahs; if you can move the hutch further so she can't rest against it to climb, it should stop her. :)

I agree with everyone else but keep in mind buns can climb. They may not all choose to do so but some really go at it. If she is determined enough to climb moving the hutch may not keep her in the fenced in area. You may have to use something across the top so she cannot climb out.

Defintely looking to get out so you need to cover but I'd be worried he will hurt those little legs. Bunnies are amazing climbers or jumpers, he is adorable though.

Ok finally have time to reply!!! Thanks for all the comments! I will try pulling the hutch forward so she doesnt try climbing it hopefully she will stop she just learned how to use her cage in the house so she is getting really crazy exploritive and this is only the 4th day iv had her!!

Anyway the hutch is closed off here is a pic!

IMG_20140423_142137.jpg

My inlaws built it around the hutch imo i dont think this will be big enough for them once they are older but for now i think its fine.

IMG_20140423_142650.jpg

Ill update on what happens when i move the hutch forward today they couldnt go outside because of the bad weather but i doubt they minded they found out they could climb the stairs in the cage Lol!

IMG_20140424_104416.jpg

and

IMG_20140424_092334.jpg

All they are doing right now is getting a few pellets hay and a sip to drink than running back upstairs and playing than they come down and repeat its hilarious to watch! XD

They are just so cute, I remember mine at that age, I never tired of watching what they got up to. Do make more videos, love seeing them scoot about, babies are so quick.

My Cookie is a ninja too. She climbs the NIC grids... Thats how she kept escaping on me. Defintely a ninja bunny! Too cute. I was also scared she would get her foot caught as well. Now she likes to jump on top of her cage, and that frightens me too. I put a blanket on top her cage but it just encouraged her to go up there to play. So I also dont know what to do.

I have cardboard on the top of both cages so their little feet can't get through. They like to nibble on it as well.

We had three that were climbers--they'd get out of the playpen. I thought they were jumping, but they'd all climb right over. 2 of them were small bunnies, but our 12 pound lop would also climb over any wire barricade. I had to put tops on the play pen to keep them in and the rest I just took down because they didn't protect anything. We also have had a couple of world class jumpers that got up on counters that none of the others even attempted. We'd have to close the door to Bambi's hutch or she'd put herself up.

My lionhead climbs. Shes awful. Cant keep her anywhere. I'll never let her outside because s he escapes everything.

Latest posts

Back