My 2 bunnies just ate some candy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulubooboo

Reaction score
So my 2 bunnies, one pure Holland lop, one a mixed holland lop, just ate some candy that I left in a basket on the floor, thinking they weren't going to be in that room. I don't know who ate what, but I'm sure they were both out there eating it. They ate about 2 squares of oatmilk 55% chocolate, no caffeine thankfully, a jelly bean or two, and a small amount of an almond Joy. How worried should I be? I'm skipping pellets tonight so they'll eat more hay. They're acting normal right now running around their enclosure, grooming, playing with toys, eating... All normal. They've both eaten some pretty interesting things and have been ok. Just wondering if there anything I should be doing other than watching them. Thanks in advance :)

Definitely monitor their poops. By bun ate some metal from a cord and was put into GI stasis. Most of these candies can be fatal to rabbits. If you notice anything abnormal take them to the vet right away! You don't want to take any chances. and try to brush them so the hair dosen't get in their GI tract on top of all this.

Hope this helps!

Encourage them to eat plenty of hay by refreshing it several times throughout the day. Hay helps push everything through the gut. (Keep an eye on their water too since they tend to drink more when they eat more hay.)

Encourage them to eat plenty of hay by refreshing it several times throughout the day. Hay helps push everything through the gut. (Keep an eye on their water too since they tend to drink more when they eat more hay.)

Just wanted to update and say both seem to be doing fine :) one layed around a bit more than usual yesterday, but he's fine today. Happy to report both are eating, drinking and pooping!

Back