Multiple Cages for Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Sherman's cage, as I think I've told youall before, is downstairs where I spend most of my timeworking. This is okay when I'm scheduled to work, but on thedays that I'm off he has to sleep downstairs by himself.

I tried to make him a little mini-bed in a bin last night sothat he could sleep in the room with my husband and me, but as you canimagine, he wasn't having any part of it. He kept hopping outonto the bed. That just didn't sit well with my husband... ...so he had to go backdownstairs.

My question is this: Do any of you have multiplecages over the house for your buns? I'm thinking of keepinghis main cage downstairs and getting maybe a smaller one for ourbedroom. Then he can sleep upstairs with us when I don't haveto work.

In addition, if you do have multiple cages, does it confusethem as to their"territory"? I don't want todisrupt his excellent litterbox habits. In the bin I made himlast night I put a litterbox and a pillow. He immediatelystarted using the litterbox but accidentally got some of his urine onthe pillow. He normally never has accidents likethis.

Greetings BunnyMommy,

He'd have to sleep downstairs by himself like an animal???Oh, theinjustices!!

I do have a travel cage that I leave out for Tucker. He loveshoping in and out of it and eating the hay in there. Itdoesn't disrupt his litterbox habits at all, and he visitsitwhen he's out. I like him to be used to it so that when I dotravel with him, it's not foreign to him.

-Carolyn

I only have the one cage for Megan, and I lug iteverywhere. She usually stays in the basement, but there's alwayssomeone in the room with her! Sometimes if I feel sad I'll bring thecage upstairs, when we moved we put her and the whole cage in the backseat, she kept trying to look out the windows lol, and I had rahoon inpart of his house sitting on my lap, of course he just slept the wholetime, I should've named him Snoozer. Anywho, I got a small cage thatcan really go anywhere, so I didn't feel the need to get her any more:)

Oh, that's actually a good idea.We do have a nice sized carrier for him. He couldsleep in that.

They don't get claustrophobic in closed spaces for extended periods of time?

My guys have their regular cages upstairs but I dohave some downstairs for the buns when I go out so I do not have to tryto carry them upstairs. I have a bone disease and afraid of droppingthose who do not hop stairs. I do not have trouble withlitter habits uses multiple cages. I also do not have problems with 90%of the guys using litter boxes when out visiting or atPetsmart

Bunty, do you think that if I let him sleep in his travel carrier that he would get claustrophobic?

Of course we are talking about a special spoiledbun but I think that is a good idea as a start. If he is too obnoxiuoslike thumping or banging to keep yous up all night there might beunrest in the kingdom but I would try it.

PS I think I have a future king here. I hav ruined this little rex myhusbaand claims. He came here right after his neurter and was so sadand hurting I rocked him and would hold his bott-bott for him like ababy o drink. He now will stand in front of his water bottle at nightand bit and shake the cage until I hold the bottle. I don't have totake it from the hanger but I better have my hand on it and he takeshis time drinking. He also wants you to sing the MR Bean song to him

I'm sure he'll be fine in the carrier,BunnyMommy. I don't think he'd get claustrophobic.I'd put a little waterbottle on there so that if he gets thirsty, he'sgot it available. Try it out and see how it goes.Sherman isn't shy about telling you what's appropriate or not when itcomes to his comfort.

Bunty, that's precious about your little baby. What an angel! He just adores you.

Mr. Bean rocks!

-Carolyn

Thanks, Carolyn. Yes, hookingthe water bottle on to it is a great idea too! Forgot aboutthat.

I've really got to find this "Mr. Bean" song that you all keep talkingabout. It seems to go over well with the bunnies!I'm sure that His Majesty would appreciate being serenaded before hegoes to bed ... which reminds me ... I need to get one of those featherboas to fan him with now that the weather is getting warmer...

hahah make sure you buy one of those palm treebranches to fan him with, and drop raisins into his mouth while he layson several soft cushy pillows while listening to Mr. Bean! lol

I don't know the Mr. Bean song, I just get a kick out of his movies. He's a nut!

Poor Sherman.

I can't believe the attention that rabbit gets. Your sistercomes over with boxes of raisins for him; your Grandmother will sitwith him for lengths of time petting him. What more could arabbit want in life than what he's already got?!

He lives better than most people.

-Carolyn

I do have two cages cause when my lucky died myhusband thought since at the time i said no more bunnies he could sellthe cage. so it sat outside and everytime my son Tyler seen it. Who hasautism. Not too extreme but his understanding is less than his 4 years.didnt understand where the bunny went. So i was tired of seeing his sadand was going to throw the cage out. THen my friend Tad called and toldme about Luv who was known as Rainbow in the paper. I broughtthe cage in and she came with a cage so i havent used it. I am holdingout for a sec bunny someday. I cant seem to part with it.

I have thought of using it upstairs for nighttime but that would mean ihave to buy more stuff for that cage. So i havent actully done it yet.I do think its a good idea though.

Cristy

My husband bought Sherman one of those soft carriers last week. It's so nice.

Last night I just couldn't take it any more. I didn'twant my precious baby to sleep downstairs by himself again, so I puthim in the soft carrier, brought him upstairs, and set it next to thebed. He slept like a baby!!! I really thought thathe was going to be stressed by being in the carrier for so long, but heseemed to love it. In fact, if you can believe it, I thinkthat I heard him SNORING a couple of times!!! :shock:

Thanks, guys, for this wonderful advice. Now my baby can stay near me more often. :D

Faunasleeps so heavily, I swear she snores too, BunnyMommy!

Glad that Sherman has finally made his way upstairs.

-Carolyn

Downstairs!?!How could you put His Majesty downstairs to sleep. Tsk TskTsk At least you realized the error of your ways and movedhim to your room. Now you are closer and better to wait on him hand andfoot. lol.

Glad to hear all is well in Sherman Land.

Tina

I have an idea. How about you sleep in a cage or on the floor and let His Royal Highness have the bed?

Latest posts

Back