multi level cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolaidsmiiles

koolaidsmiiles
Reaction score
Has anyone found a store made multi level cage that's appropriate for a rabbit? (Holland lop)
I would like a multi level but really don't want to go thru the Hassel of making a nic cage.

You could try checking some of the larger outdoor wooden hutches and just use it inside. But they tend to be very pricey and not nearly as large as they look in the photos.

Someone on this forum found a NIC cage already made for online purchase. Not sure if it was thru ebay or not.

I know there are tutorials for NIC cages that make them look like a lot of work. I've made many cube cages, but I never cut plywood or glued down any laminate flooring or used screws, etc.

NICs can be made much more easily than all that.

They aren't difficult to make and don't take that long either. I used rolled linoleum for a base and just laid it loosely directly on my floor. The NIC sat on the edges of the linoleum so bunny couldn't get to those edges.
I used scrap carpet on top of the levels.
A 1x1 fits right inside the grid openings and can work as an upper level support.
Zip ties make quick work of connecting grids.

Most pet store cages are not suitable for rabbits to begin with. Those that are multi level are more for chinchillas and ferrets who are smaller are more agile. There are some that have a shelf, but they tend to be small. This means would will have to build something.

A giant wire dog crate can work can you can add some levels to that. An x-pen could also be used.

I saw NIC cages for sale on ebay.

Has anyone found a store made multi level cage that's appropriate for a rabbit? (Holland lop)
I would like a multi level but really don't want to go thru the Hassel of making a nic cage.

The ferret nation cage you can stack them but they're pricy

Back