Muff has Stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I looked for some baby food at thegrocery store, but the only veggies I saw that weren't mixed with meatwere green beans and peas, and I've always read that rabbits shouldnever have those. It was the middle of the night though, somaybe I just didn't really look good enough.

I think she may be on her way to recovery though. Thisafternoon, she ate a good amount of cilantro and red lettuce.And though her poops are still (very) few, they are looking almostnormal-sized now. She's hopping around right now.I've been trying to keep her moving instead of sittingaround.

As for me, I'm in the doghouse, bigtime, LOL. But that's okayas long as she gets better. She'll forgive meeventually. I think she may be feeling stronger because herthumps are getting LOUDER! :D

Hooray! Glad to hear that things are lookingbetter. Your bun is very lucky to have such a good mom. Sheshouldn't hold a grudge for TOO awful long...;)

YAY!! Good news that her poops are returning to normal size.

Muff is about the same - still eating cilantroonly and some hay. I was encouraged last night when she wentto her hay feeder and put her little feet up on it and startedmunching. She hasn't done that since this started a weekago. :)

I have a new question though...

Last night, I read gypsy's thread where her bun was in stasis earlierthis month and how there just seemed to be no poops even though he waseating. That's exactly how it's been with Muff. Thefew poops she leaves are back to normal size, so I couldn't figure outwhy there were still so FEW. I have seen her bend down andcome up chewing, and assumed she was eating cecals. And nowI'm wondering if she's also reingesting fecals because last night, Igot excited because there were 2 new poops, and they were normalsized...but later they were gone.

Is it normal for a rabbit coming out of stasis or illness to eat theirfecals as well as cecals? Or if it's not normal, is itokay? Or could it be harmful?

I wouldn't worry if she's eating regular as well as cecal droppings.

If she's still picking at the food, you may want to inquire about thevet giving a vitamin B12 shot to stimulate her appetite.Critical Care and Nutri Cal as well as leafy greens contain complex Bvitamins, but the added boost of a shot may help.

Pam

Latest posts

Back